Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In season 1 and 2, TUF fighters had to go through the Right Guard Extreme Challenge so there teams could chose who fights who. In season 3 of TUF, Dana did away with the challenges and decided to give the power to the team that won the fight. Personally, I thought this made season 3 a little boring. I think they should bring back the challenges for the TUF 4.

·
Registered
30 Posts
response to bonnar

hey you the man from chicago, a fan of his, or the real deal?? Just curious bro. You seem very knowledgable. I liked the challanges, i was watching the reruns and its a good show, but only the fights and a little of the trash talking have replay value. How do you view season 4? I personally think season 1 was the most controversial. The worst season was the one with the heavyweights, season 2, season 3 was better in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Season 1-Was awesome having Chris Leben throwing temper tantrums and Josh Koscheck laughing at him. Diego Sanchez and Forrest Griffin winning it all, two of the best fighters out of the show in my opinion. Also the two coaches had a bit of a rivalry which made the show cool IMO.

Season 2-Wasn't that good. Joe Stevenson is impressive in a little way but Rashad Evans not at all with his lay and pray cheap techniques. Plus the coaches were best friends and never faught each other. That made the show a whole lot worse.

Season 3-The fighters in this season aren't going to do crap in the UFC except Michael Bisping. Tito Ortiz is an amazing trainer but Ken Shamrock is poor, training guys who gas in fights such as Herman and Starnes. Ortiz made crappy fighters better in a way like Abaddi and Grove. The coaches at least had a rivalry though. Decent season.

Season 4-Doesn't look so good. No fighters will hate on each other plus the coaches don't relate in any way. Couture is a great coach but Hughes should coach against GSP instead to hype their rematch up in September a bit and have a rivalry on the show. Doesn't look that good and possible the worse besides Ultimate Fighter 2.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aubdoggy said:
hey you the man from chicago, a fan of his, or the real deal?? Just curious bro. You seem very knowledgable. I liked the challanges, i was watching the reruns and its a good show, but only the fights and a little of the trash talking have replay value. How do you view season 4? I personally think season 1 was the most controversial. The worst season was the one with the heavyweights, season 2, season 3 was better in my opinion.
I'm just a fan who wished he had six figures in his paycheck. Considering season 4 is using already UFC fighters, I think it will be interesting. Mainly because it will bring exposure and experiance to the fighters that are at the bottom of the barrell.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rush said:
Season 1-Was awesome having Chris Leben throwing temper tantrums and Josh Koscheck laughing at him. Diego Sanchez and Forrest Griffin winning it all, two of the best fighters out of the show in my opinion. Also the two coaches had a bit of a rivalry which made the show cool IMO.

Season 2-Wasn't that good. Joe Stevenson is impressive in a little way but Rashad Evans not at all with his lay and pray cheap techniques. Plus the coaches were best friends and never faught each other. That made the show a whole lot worse.

Season 3-The fighters in this season aren't going to do crap in the UFC except Michael Bisping. Tito Ortiz is an amazing trainer but Ken Shamrock is poor, training guys who gas in fights such as Herman and Starnes. Ortiz made crappy fighters better in a way like Abaddi and Grove. The coaches at least had a rivalry though. Decent season.

Season 4-Doesn't look so good. No fighters will hate on each other plus the coaches don't relate in any way. Couture is a great coach but Hughes should coach against GSP instead to hype their rematch up in September a bit and have a rivalry on the show. Doesn't look that good and possible the worse besides Ultimate Fighter 2.
You haven't even watch season 4 yet. The fighters will be stuck with each other for weeks so thier bound to do some hating. Plus, they already used the reality show to hype up Ortiz/Shamrock 2 and that match was total crap. If the same thing happens in Hughes/St. Pierre 2, there wil be a riot. Besides, having Matt Hughes as a coach again will make it more like season 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts