Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Which is better for MMA?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you think is better overall, not the fighters within, simply the arena. I personally think the cage is far better, because it is harder to hold on to the cage than the ropes to avoid takedowns, and fighters cant fall out of the cage. Also the cage expands the ground and pound. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the cage/octagon. The UFC octagon would be my favourite but I have no problem at all with PRIDE's ring.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think they are both pretty awsome but i think the ring gives the advantage to the striker and the cage gives it to the people who like the ground. In the cage you can trap people between you and the cage while on the ground and just beat the crap out of them and they cant do anything

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Fighter J said:
I think they are both pretty awsome but i think the ring gives the advantage to the striker and the cage gives it to the people who like the ground. In the cage you can trap people between you and the cage while on the ground and just beat the crap out of them and they cant do anything
exactly wjhy i dont like they cage... its not skill to get out of that position...

ring all the way

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ring vs. The Octagon

...after watching PRIDE...the Ring is where it's at. Quinton Jackson made a very good point about that. " Were not fighting in a cage where you can pump somebody up against the fence and elbow the f*** out of them."

P.S. Unfortunately he paid the price though...Wanderlei whooped him twice...and that classic 2nd matchup where Wandy's knees just dropped Quinton through the ropes with a nice glob of blood falling out of his mouth! Very nasty KO for Wandy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts