Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that Robbie Lawler had a really quick and impressive victory at Pride, winning in just 22 seconds. I always liked his style aside from thinking he was a bit of an idiot with the showboating. Is he a permanent fixture at Pride now? Any chance he's coming back to the UFC? I think he'd be more at home there with the Militech camp. Has he changed much since his loss to Nick Diaz? He is young and can develop and change very quickly
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
I said this before in another thread, but I think every MMA org should let Robbie fight in the opener. The guy has an exciting style, and he always gets the crowd going. I've never seen a boring Lawler fight.

He's changed a little. His punches are more calculated rather than his old "Hitting hard, but my punches are wildly sloppy" routine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Yeah i watched pride last night...You didnt get to see enough or robbie to see if he truley dedicated himself...His cardio is usally not up to par in his fights but he didnt need it last night..He Came out with a couple punches,Threw a head kick and then caught him w/ Flying knee and that was it..

Funniest thing after the knee and old boy dropped to the floor robbie raised his hands in victory for about 3 sec. before he relized the ref. hadn't stopped it yrt then went into finish it....LOL

But i think UFC should give him another shot!!!!
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
Slick_Fugitive said:
I understand that Robbie Lawler had a really quick and impressive victory at Pride, winning in just 22 seconds. I always liked his style aside from thinking he was a bit of an idiot with the showboating. Is he a permanent fixture at Pride now? Any chance he's coming back to the UFC? I think he'd be more at home there with the Militech camp. Has he changed much since his loss to Nick Diaz? He is young and can develop and change very quickly
i made this thread about 2 weeks ago... before last night


no.. he shouldnt come back... Dana White ****ed him over... why would he come back.. hes gonna be a worldwide superstar because of pride
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Yes, he could be. But he could also become an international star if he can gather up a few solid victories in PRIDE before making his way back into the UFC, and trying his luck there.
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
Trips1978 said:
Yeah i watched pride last night...You didnt get to see enough or robbie to see if he truley dedicated himself...His cardio is usally not up to par in his fights but he didnt need it last night..He Came out with a couple punches,Threw a head kick and then caught him w/ Flying knee and that was it..

Funniest thing after the knee and old boy dropped to the floor robbie raised his hands in victory for about 3 sec. before he relized the ref. hadn't stopped it yrt then went into finish it....LOL

But i think UFC should give him another shot!!!!
haha Lawler is known for that.. when he rocks someone he always throws his hands up.. shit he even does it when he gets rocked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Organik said:
i made this thread about 2 weeks ago... before last night


no.. he shouldnt come back... Dana White ****ed him over... why would he come back.. hes gonna be a worldwide superstar because of pride
I didn't think it had anything to do with Dana White, he was starting to lose fights all over the place so I thought he left to a sub-par fighting league ... he doesn't train with Militech still does he?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damone said:
I definitely would've punched him if I were Lytle. Why Lytle just stood there clapping is beyond me. That whole fight was odd.
He had to stand there because he was rocked, it would have been crazy for him to rush right in ... this is why I think Matt Serra will beat Chris Lytle pretty easily ,,, Lytle lost to Lawler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
bring mayhem miller back owned lawler babay...k maby not owned but still win no ground game (arm triangle sub)

hawaii woot wooot
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
bring mayhem miller back owned lawler babay...k maby not owned but still win no ground game (arm triangle sub)

hawaii woot wooot.


It's not that Lawler has no ground knowledge(He has some. Enough to avoid certain subs. I'm not saying he's Nogueira out there), it's that Miller is really good on the ground. Miller was taking a beating in the 2nd round. Lawler gassed, and well Miller capitalized.

Mayhem vs Lawler was really fun. My "Outside of UFC & Pride" FOTY so far. Yep, I dug this.
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
Damone said:
bring mayhem miller back owned lawler babay...k maby not owned but still win no ground game (arm triangle sub)

hawaii woot wooot.


It's not that Lawler has no ground knowledge(He has some. Enough to avoid certain subs. I'm not saying he's Nogueira out there), it's that Miller is really good on the ground. Miller was taking a beating in the 2nd round. Lawler gassed, and well Miller capitalized.

Mayhem vs Lawler was really fun. My "Outside of UFC & Pride" FOTY so far. Yep, I dug this.

do u know where i can find a video of this... lawler is one of my fav fighters.. ive looked for that and i cant find it..
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top