Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Title Guy
17,176 Posts
I think they're fine considering all of those other issues they have. They might have to make a run or two but if they are hardcore preppers then they already have a backup supply of toilet paper at least. As for hand sanitizer, I'm not sure that's an issue.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hand sanitizer isn't a necessity.

Regular soap kills wuhan virus as well, if not better, than hand santizer. For reasons listed here:

Good science info ^

·
The Title Guy
17,176 Posts
Yeah and have you seen all of the soap subscription services that exist nowadays? Even Dollar Shave Club is in on the act and probably like anything else makes a killing on it. There are several other services that I can think of that delivers soaps to one's door.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wish more would follow organic gardening / guerilla gardening / prepper youtubers. They don't seem to realize they can have the prepper options Ronda does at a fraction of the cost.

They don't have to buy tesla powerwall batteries. It used to be cheaper to buy 18650 lithium cells on ebay and make your own. Amazon sells 100 watt solar panels for around $100. Dirt and seeds are cheap. A lot of stuff can be grown from kitchen scraps. Kitchen waste can be used to make compost. Everything can be acquired slowly over time without too much expense.

This type of applied science is cool, too:

·
Super Moderator
8,105 Posts
I think they're fine considering all of those other issues they have. They might have to make a run or two but if they are hardcore preppers then they already have a backup supply of toilet paper at least. As for hand sanitizer, I'm not sure that's an issue.
The two main ingredients for hand sanitiser are Alcohol (like rubbing Alcohol) and Glycerol or Aloe Vera gel. Just mix the two together and and you have hand sanitiser. Both ingredients are easy to get hold of.

Personally I don't think its wise to brag about her stock, lots of people in worse situations than she is.

·
The Title Guy
17,176 Posts
Well personally I think Ronda may have some kinda disorder considering she talks about how she had verbal issues when she was younger due to asphyxiation during birth due to her embellical cord being wrapped around her neck. That being said she may still not have certain social awareness.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Its surprising to me how people think Ronda would be targeted for posting prepper stuff on social media.

But when people like this post their garage with 2 lambos, an audi R8, and other luxury cars. That same sentiment doesn't seem to apply?

Hmm.

·
Super Moderator
8,105 Posts
Its surprising to me how people think Ronda would be targeted for posting prepper stuff on social media.

But when people like this post their garage with 2 lambos, an audi R8, and other luxury cars. That same sentiment doesn't seem to apply?

Hmm.
Its the context of the matter. Its not so much that she'd be targeted (although theres that too), she's bragging about what she has. She's a multi-millionaire posting on social media about how she'll be alright. Millions of people are panicking, wondering how they are going to get through this, will they still have a job, can they feed their families, what about their kids, friends and family? And theres RR showing of her supplies like its the most natural thing in the world. Its not a good look.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its the context of the matter. Its not so much that she'd be targeted (although theres that too), she's bragging about what she has. She's a multi-millionaire posting on social media about how she'll be alright. Millions of people are panicking, wondering how they are going to get through this, will they still have a job, can they feed their families, what about their kids, friends and family? And theres RR showing of her supplies like its the most natural thing in the world. Its not a good look.

I don't get it.

When I see people who worked hard and earned what they have, I just feel happy for them.

What Ronda did isn't even really a brag to me.

If someone had something I lacked, I would just blame myself and think I needed to do something different or work harder. I wouldn't blame someone else for their success and my own failure.

·
Super Moderator
8,105 Posts
I don't get it.

When I see people who worked hard and earned what they have, I just feel happy for them.

What Ronda did isn't even really a brag to me.

If someone had something I lacked, I would just blame myself and think I needed to do something different or work harder. I wouldn't blame someone else for their success and my own failure.
Its not about blame. Its about humility. Working hard does not equal success or wealth. There are factory workers, nurses, firemen, street cleaners, bus drivers, office workers, scientists, and people from all walks of life in all kinds of important occupations that work hard. Bragging how you are ok when the world is in crisis, is a slap in the face for other hard working people who don't have the money and resources Rousey has. This isn't a time to boast, this is a time to work together.

I've always thought Ronda to be shitty person with no substance or character, this just proves it... well this and the time she got KO'd by Holly.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not about blame. Its about humility. Working hard does not equal success or wealth. There are factory workers, nurses, firemen, street cleaners, bus drivers, office workers, scientists, and people from all walks of life in all kinds of important occupations that work hard. Bragging how you are ok when the world is in crisis, is a slap in the face for other hard working people who don't have the money and resources Rousey has. This isn't a time to boast, this is a time to work together.

I've always thought Ronda to be shitty person with no substance or character, this just proves it... well this and the time she got KO'd by Holly.

This is more like a brag to me. I wonder why no one warned him about being targeted by thugs or thieves.

The world is always in crisis.

·
Super Moderator
8,105 Posts

This is more like a brag to me. I wonder why no one warned him about being targeted by thugs or thieves.

The world is always in crisis.
That video is from years ago. Trix, I don't know what the situation is in Hawaii but in the UK people are losing their jobs, the supermarkets are empty because of panic buying, pubs, bars, clubs, gyms and restaurants have just been ordered to close, schools and universities have shut, people with kids can no longer get to work even if they have a job. The country could very well be locked down completely in a matter of a week. People who are living payday to payday are worried, people who are paid monthly are unable to stock up and those with cash are buying all the supplies even though there is no need to which is causing a shortage. This is just the UK, its much worse in countries like France, Italy and Spain. The US will follow, make no mistake.

The last thing people want to see is some rich chick brag about how much she has. She can go fúck herself as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That video is from years ago. Trix, I don't know what the situation is in Hawaii but in the UK people are losing their jobs, the supermarkets are empty because of panic buying, pubs, bars, clubs, gyms and restaurants have just been ordered to close, schools and universities have shut, people with kids can no longer get to work even if they have a job. The country could very well be locked down completely in a matter of a week. People who are living payday to payday are worried, people who are paid monthly are unable to stock up and those with cash are buying all the supplies even though there is no need to which is causing a shortage. This is just the UK, its much worse in countries like France, Italy and Spain. The US will follow, make no mistake.

The last thing people want to see is some rich chick brag about how much she has. She can go fúck herself as far as I'm concerned.

If stores care to protect people. They could limit the number of items customers purchase. There are a lot of things the media and governments could do to help people survive this crisis with a minimum of suffering. For whatever reason, it looks to me as if the media is actively encouraging people to support many bad policies to make the crisis worse.

There are plants, mushrooms and herbs, which are known to carry anti viral qualities. Medical studies claim they boost the body's immune system and help to fight off infections like corona virus. I'm putting more effort into growing those varieties than normal.

That might sound like a fringe conspiracy theory I hope people realize many painkillers are derived from opium. Many antibacterial treatments are derived from natural sources like penicillan. It naturally follows other plants would carry healing and protective qualities, even though the medical establishment has worked against this trend becoming mainstream knowledge.

Back in the day, Ronda used to be a mod. On a pokemon forum. I think she's just one of those idealists who say "if I have a million dollars someday, I'm going to live in the middle of nowhere and grow my own food, etc". Except in her case, she actually did earn a million dollars at some point and could afford it. She probably doesn't even know how bad circumstances are in italy and the rest of the world.

·
The Title Guy
17,176 Posts
I don't think Ronda lives in a whole and like I said I think she might be socially inept and this sounds like a certain situation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts