Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ross on Silva: 'I know a head case when I see one'

source: jrsbarbq.com

Jim Ross is a professional wrestling commentator and former company executive of the WWE. He is currently working for World Wrestling Entertainment as part of its SmackDown brand. To many peers, Ross is considered to be one of the best wrestling announcers in history and has been called the voice of WWE.

UFC in Abu Dhabi was a stinker. Too bad, too. Only one opportunity to make a first impression in a new market.

Not sure what's up with Anderson Silva but it sure sounds like it's attitudinal and ego driven. Fighters. wrestlers, ball players, etc have a responsibility to always give the fans their monies worth and Silva hasn't done that too many times lately. Helluva talented guy but he appears to becoming a 'head case' and I assure you that after being in pro wrestling for 36 years I know a 'head case' when I see one.

I would not have confidence that Anderson Silva can be 'the guy' and headline PPV events until he regains the trust and the confidence of UFC/MMA fans.

B.J. Penn losing surprised me as he is one of my favorites but it was obviously a close fight and I've said before that MMA judging is often times some what schizophrenic. Penn will be back and this loss doesn't devalue him remotely close to what Silva's win did for "the Spider."

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love Jim Ross. He's a guy who in the crazy world of Wrestling has managed to keep himself sane and keep a pretty good relationship with all those around him. He also shoots straight and calls it how he sees it.

I wouldn't disagree with the fact that the fans didn't get their monies worth but I'm not sure about Silva being a head case. Though I suppose Ross might know better than I would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.