Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys think that was the last we will see from him in the UFC (even though he quote "i still got a few more in me")?

Although he was amazing at his time, do you guys think he could take out most of the welterweight and middleweight contenders?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would like to see him some more. I think that he took to much time out of the ring however, I do not think he could beat most of the serious contenders out there. He is pretty old and he has got some improving. If he took some easier fights focusing on ground and pound defence he would have a chance but it would defanitly be a race before he would have to retire.

He has the skills but will he choose to get them back into shape is the question.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I donno, i dont think he could really win unless he was fighting a BJJ fighter, which would be a very very boring fight.

Ed Herman vs Royce Gracie lol i wanna see that fight.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think Matt Hughes really proved how much the sport has changed and how far behind Royce has fallen ... don't want to go to crazy about one fight but he was dominated from start to finish and I wonder if he could even beat a guy like Frank Trigg

·
Registered
794 Posts
if matt hughes can beat Royce, Frankie twinkle toes is gunna put a beatdown on Royce also. I agree i think the sport has evolved beyond the Gracies, whilst they were the founders and all...u gotta know when its time to pack it up and sit on the bench, so to speak.

My only concern for Royce is he could do a Ken Shamrock and take a bit of gleam of his name thats all. I somehow doubt we will see him again...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slick_Fugitive said:
I think Matt Hughes really proved how much the sport has changed and how far behind Royce has fallen ... don't want to go to crazy about one fight but he was dominated from start to finish and I wonder if he could even beat a guy like Frank Trigg
well said

·
Registered
669 Posts
I donno frank triggs so ugly on the ground its not even funny, the might as well put a ribbon on his back because its a freakin xmas gift to the guys he fights.

Then again if you look how much Royce made in that fight hell id come back and get my ass kicked for that amount of money as well.

i think he made like 600k even though he lost.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Why dont you go fight him then?

lol i bet he could KO you standing up lol.

Or even submit you standing up.

People like you really give Ken Shamrock a bad name by putting him in your avatar.

·
Registered
115 Posts
dude i'd fight royce in a boxing mach anyday, i'd knock him the **** out...you ever seen his "striking stance", head back, chin up, hands down...i'd knock that ***** out in a second, he looks like me when I wus 12

·
Registered
115 Posts
dude i'd fight royce in a boxing mach anyday, i'd knock him the **** out...you ever seen his "striking stance", head back, chin up, hands down...i'd knock that ***** out in a second, he looks like me when I wus 12

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
sherdog said:
You guys think that was the last we will see from him in the UFC (even though he quote "i still got a few more in me")?

Although he was amazing at his time, do you guys think he could take out most of the welterweight and middleweight contenders?
i kinda hope thats the last we will see of him in the octagon. for the same reason i didnt want to see jordan come back. why tarnish your legend. thats was sad when he fought hughes. if anything i'd like to see him and randy in a straight submission match. that would be cool

·
Registered
542 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
I donno frank triggs so ugly on the ground its not even funny, the might as well put a ribbon on his back because its a freakin xmas gift to the guys he fights.

Then again if you look how much Royce made in that fight hell id come back and get my ass kicked for that amount of money as well.

i think he made like 600k even though he lost.
Actually I think Royce made 400 k (the highest ever pay day in the UFC) ... Royce was a miracle man back in the day ... I think he would have a hard time beating (and in fact would get beaten) by most of the elite (GSP, Hughes obviously, Sanchez, Frank Trigg). Frank Trigg does give up his back but he lost in that fashion to 2 of the best guys in the world

1 - 20 of 24 Posts