Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to predict this? I'm obviously a Gracie fan, but I think Matt is going to win this. I think he's a better all round fighter, and well, the UFC isn't what it was when Gracie ruled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Matt Hughes. I think unless Royce has seriously stepped up his punching, etc, he's not going to win. But who knows. All it would take is one slip by Matt. That's why I love this sport.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
UFC 60: Hughes vs. Gracie - 05/27/2006

Ok, lets think about this............. Hughes. :laugh:

I think Royce deserves the respect as he’s earned, he’s changed the sport that’s for sure, but does he have enough for Hughes?

Hughes: Record: 40-4-0
Royce: Record: 13-1-2

I mean, wow, that’s a ton of ring experience difference.
Hughes even loves grappling, and look at the guy, he’s a monster. Mind you, he did lose to Dennis Hallman via arm bar, but so what :laugh:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to agree. Unless Royce has done some serious striking training, he's gonna get owned. But hey, who knows. We all know that all it takes is one slip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt is a hell of a fighter. Likely the best right now. I'd definitely pay to see him vs Chuck Liddell, or Andrei Arlovski. Or Matt and Rich Franklin too. I'd love to see an old school UFC championship. That would rock. No weight classes, you lose, you're out. Just like the originals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Royce Gracie said:
Matt is a hell of a fighter. Likely the best right now. I'd definitely pay to see him vs Chuck Liddell, or Andrei Arlovski. Or Matt and Rich Franklin too. I'd love to see an old school UFC championship. That would rock. No weight classes, you lose, you're out. Just like the originals.

You know, everybody here is probably going to think I'm a total prick, but I can't believe the ridiculous statements you guys are making.

Hughes is a welterweight.

Rich Franklin is a middleweight.

Chuck is a light heavyweight.

Andrei Arvloski is a fuckin' heavyweight!!!

Matt might have a shot at Franklin, maybe. Against Chuck or Andrei he'd get his head removed. That's why they have weight classes. Good small guys, generally speaking, don't have a snowballs' chance in hell of beating good big guys in MMA anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Johnny Napalm said:
You know, everybody here is probably going to think I'm a total prick, but I can't believe the ridiculous statements you guys are making.

Hughes is a welterweight.

Rich Franklin is a middleweight.

Chuck is a light heavyweight.

Andrei Arvloski is a fuckin' heavyweight!!!

Matt might have a shot at Franklin, maybe. Against Chuck or Andrei he'd get his head removed. That's why they have weight classes. Good small guys, generally speaking, don't have a snowballs' chance in hell of beating good big guys in MMA anymore.

so far i do think your a total prick, but i agree with what you say!

Hughes is great for his weight class...one of the best ever...him and Franklin would be good to watch.

He might be able to go a few rounds with Chuck, wouldnt last though.

and against Arvloski, i think it would be a massacre!!!

Hughes has no problem throwing guys in his weight class around but Arvloski has about 70 pounds on him!!! and about, what 5-6 inches = massacre!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
tappingUout said:
Hughes has no problem throwing guys in his weight class around but Arvloski has about 70 pounds on him!!! and about, what 5-6 inches = massacre!!!
70 lbs is substantial.... and huge difference in reach.. damn,that would be an interesting battle to see :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Adora said:
Yea i think Hughes should gain weight, to be in the middleweight divsion. Franklin v Hughes would be a good match to watch. Hughes really has no comp. in his divsion.

Maybe we should get tappingUout in the division with hughes and he can show us how its done. :laugh:

Hughes on camera looks like a monster, especially that stupid breakfast commercial.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
sl1ck said:
Maybe we should get tappingUout in the division with hughes and he can show us how its done. :laugh:

Hughes on camera looks like a monster, especially that stupid breakfast commercial.
haha...ya i will give him a rear naked choke

he would tap for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Hughes vs. Gracie

Everyone seems to think that Gracie is just gonna get smoked. I think the guy is fenominal. He's no push over. Throughout his whole career he's done nothing but fight guys that are bigger than he is. Remember, when he was in ufc 1, there were no weight divisions. I don't think this fight will stay up. Royce is a master at shooting, and once it's on the ground Matt's got his hands full. Matt's no slacker either, but Gracie has been fighting in Japan since his departure of the ufc. It's not like he's not in condition. I think this fight will end in the 2nd round when Hughes taps out from the master of submissions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Seriously, why do you think it's such a hands down thing? Do you really think that Hughes is that good? Look what happened when he met BJ Penn. He's volnerable to submissions. And this isn't going to be a G.S.P. arm bar, this is Gracie himself. By the way I accept pay pal.:laugh:
 
1 - 20 of 147 Posts
Top