Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· LEGEND
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MMA freak said:
Foot stomps would be awesome considering what Wes Sims stomps did to Frank Mir almost cracking it open and messing him up. What about punching in the nuts? Keith Hackney and Joe Son is always fun to watch, NOT.
Foot stomps are legal aren't they??? I've seen Leben do it lots of times

· canadian champ
1,604 Posts
Nope you haven't. You can not kick a downed opponent to the head. just the body and legs. I'd add that or yellow cards can't decide. Remeber when sims stopmed mir like MMAfeak said. Instant dq.

· Crazy Kicker
963 Posts
u guys are sick man lol...i was thinking like mabye overtime rounds instead of judges

· canadian champ
1,604 Posts
Nah stomps or elbows for sure. Then there won't be as many overtimes. If i started a league it would be no rabbit punches, biting, eye gouges, low blows,head butts or fish hooks. That's it. Then endless rounds until a tap out, KO, submission, or corner stoppage. You get cut sign a waiver. If you break something sign a waiver.

· Registered
81 Posts
no rounds just go till somones knocked out or taped. dont really want all that stomping if deaths happen then there would be for protestes and lots of other bad stuff. but would love to see the fights go with no stop (rounds, timelimit)

· Baddest Man Alive
679 Posts
1 soccer kick to the head of downed opponent allowed per fight, would be a quick ending. Plus allow people to wear gi's if they wanted. It would really bring some interesting situations as a gi can be good or bad.

· I eat babies
7,894 Posts
How bout this unmentioned....allow small joint manipulation. I would dominate! :laugh: (I love small joint manipulation and I have been studying it since I was 9...it's good shit and you'll win damn near every fight with it haha)

· Registered
136 Posts
Change the scoring method. Don't be so easy giving out 10/9 every round. Score it how bad you messed up the other guy or how bad you got messed up. Just being in good position throughout the fight should win the round but not give 10.

· canadian champ
1,604 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
How bout this unmentioned....allow small joint manipulation. I would dominate! :laugh: (I love small joint manipulation and I have been studying it since I was 9...it's good shit and you'll win damn near every fight with it haha)
Yeah but everyone would have broken finger's. And they fight once every 6 months. Can't have that. In pride guys get stomped all the time and they get over it. broken finger's take a while to heal. I love the gi idea.

· Banned
731 Posts
You'll still need judges being that if there were no time limits you'll usually run out of PPV time before all the fights are done.

I would like to see a return to the old fashioned 15 minute time limit with an overtime round. I think it would make for more exciting fights with quicker conclusions.

Pogo

· I eat babies
7,894 Posts
moldy said:
Yeah but everyone would have broken finger's. And they fight once every 6 months. Can't have that. In pride guys get stomped all the time and they get over it. broken finger's take a while to heal. I love the gi idea.

Nah man I'm talking about wrists and elbows and even shoulders and knees. LOL I ain't talking bout to big ole fighters going in there aiming for the fingers. Besides if you do it the way its supposed to be done, you can control your opponent without breaking his bones, just creating a constant arm-bar type pain. It's hard to explain but it's sorta like judo. It's called Akido. It's fun you should look into it...they teach you how to throw guys twice your size around with an effortless tweak of the wrist or over your shoulder with one swift motion or do a standing armbar and if your opponent doesn't tap during a standing armbar, they dance. :laugh: Like I said it's fun shit and it's real fun doing it to your unsuspecting friends too. They'll want you to teach them.

· Baddest Man Alive
679 Posts
Akido is a great martial art. The place where im going to start training soon teaches Akido and Jiu-jitsu. Its actually a combination they call Aki-jiujitsu. Im really surprised theres not more of it in todays MMA competitions.

· Registered
41 Posts
MMA freak said:
I think elbows are still aloud in a downward motion, though I never see a repeat of Pat Smith on Scott Morris. I guess because the defense nowadays from UFC fighters is a lot more improved :dunno:.

arnt allowed to strike downward elbows (from 12 to 6)
becaus then you can use your weight+gravity and get extremlt devestating force.

But you are allowd to strike downwards if you are lying on the ground, by that I mean striking from the head towards your feet (9 to 3)

a commonly misunderstood rule...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.