Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been rumoured that Ryan "Darth" Bader will return to the Octagon at UFC 119 in Utah.

Who does he fight though? He was fairly dominant against Jardine and finished him well.

Does he fight someone like Brandon Vera or Jason Brilz or is he above them?

Is it time to sink or swim and fight Forrest or Machida? Rashad, Nogueira, Rampage, Thiago and Jones are all scheduled to fight someone else and these two fighters would be a step-up in competition. Would it be too early for "Darth"?

Or even Tito assuming he is healthy.

In my opinion, Bader should fight Forrest or Vera. Although Jardine beat them both, Forrest has improved a lot since then and I feel Vera was slightly unlucky with regards to the decision. Even if he lost to someone like Forrest, he would learn a lot and improve further.

Bader can be a top contender in the UFC in my opinion. He has great wrestling and heavy hands which were two key factors in Chuck Liddell's reign. I'm not saying he is as good as Chuck ever will be but he has the weapons to succeed.

Anyone else on the Bader warwagon? He is not as flashy, athletic or "exciting" as Jon Jones but he has worked hard to win TUF and is a dangerous man. At 27, he does not have the luxury of time that Jones has, "Darth" has to take steps up in competition and I am confident he can do so and remain successful.

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Well i doubt he will fight Nogueira as he was his coach on TUF, Rampage looks like is going to fight Lil Nog..

Machida and Evans are far too much a step up for him..

I actually think he is above Vera..

Thiago Silva, Forrest Griffin or Jon Jones are options.

Personally, i would like to see him fight Matt Hammil.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If Krystoff beats Bonnar I would love to see what should have been the finale for TUF 8. Don't think I will ever get it though.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i doubt he will fight Nogueira as he was his coach on TUF, Rampage looks like is going to fight Lil Nog..

Machida and Evans are far too much a step up for him..

I actually think he is above Vera..

Thiago Silva, Forrest Griffin or Jon Jones are options.

Personally, i would like to see him fight Matt Hammil.
I meant Rogerio Nogueira. It was Rodrigo Nogueira that coached him.

Bones is fighting Matyushenko and Thiago is fighting Tim Boetsch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Personally iam a huge bader fan. When i first saw him on TUF i thought he was just a wrestler but he has done really well in the stand up.
As long as he continues to fight smart and use his strengths to his advantage i would love to see him fight top 10 competition, even though i still think he will loose to top competiton such as jon jones

·
Registered
769 Posts
The best matchup for Ryan Bader is Forrest Griffin. Its a step up for Bader, but not that huge of one, and if he were to win it would propel him into the top 10 discussion, if he wasn't already there.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
I dont think Bader and Jones will fight anytime soon, as theyre both good marketable prospects for the UFC. It would be bad business to have them face off just yet.

I'd think the most likely opponent will be Forrest.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Bader has all of the tools in the world.

I support him 100%, and I would rather see him succeed than most of the wrestlers in the UFC.

He's a sick wrestler, and maturing striker with all of the speed and power he needs. He just needs to work conditioning and continue to fine tune his game and the sky is the limit for him.

To be fair, I used to feel the same way about Jake Rosholt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts