Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Scoop on Ortiz

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  kobra ki 
#1 ·
Does anyone remember the premier of TUF 3 when Dana White said that he and Tito had a "Falling Out"????? Can anyone tell us the story behind that one??

#4 ·
Yeah - Tito had a long hold-out over the size of his contract, cause he felt it wasn't a high enough pay out - plus the little thing with Dana/Tito's wife didn't help either.

#6 ·
Can anyone confirm this statement...
"in November 2005, Ortiz also publicly confirmed he had signed a three-fight deal with the UFC which included a three-round boxing sparring session with Dana White. Ortiz's first fight UFC 59 against Forrest Griffin. The second was Ken Shamrock at UFC 61. Since Ortiz won both fights, he will get a shot at the Light Heavyweight title currently held by Chuck Liddell, following Liddel's announced fight with PRIDE champion Wanderlei Silva"
Saw this on another site...I would love to see the sparing match myself...lol:D

#7 ·
did't dana use to be Tito's manager b4 he became president of the UFC when Zuffa took over???

As for their fallingout it was due to pretty much what every partnership goes to crap over...money + i'm sure their were some personal difference hence the sparring session my guess is theirs alot of pent up animosity towards each other

#8 ·
I'd put my money on Dana White Sparing

Dana White owned 3 boxing gyms and used to coach and manage boxers.

And yes Dana White managed both Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz at one time.

needless to say, dana whites the man (other then having a girls first name)

#11 ·
cooley said:
wasnt he supposed to fight box someone else other than Tito,i think it was a reporter or somehting (he mentioned this durning TUF4)
In an interview on the official website Dana said it was one of Tito's conditions to come back and do the Ken fight was that he got Dana after :)

Kudos to Dana for doing that - just wish there was a video on You Tube or something, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.