Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I think that it's been obvious that Shields is going to the UFC. Not just by Coker's responses, I think that the fact that the have let Shields be seen so much on TUF, it shows that the UFC thinks they have him.

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
Earned Titles

Yeah the last person to actually win the title from someone was Cung Le who beat Shamrock. Le vacated the title and Shields is either going to be stripped or vacate the title!

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Hope they get Miller and Diaz in the mix.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Miller was the closest anyone has been recently to finishing the former champ, Shields was saved by the bell.

I think Diaz could easily be a dual champ in SF, in fact, I would pick him over ANYONE in the SF WW or MW division.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Miller was the closest anyone has been recently to finishing the former champ, Shields was saved by the bell.

I think Diaz could easily be a dual champ in SF, in fact, I would pick him over ANYONE in the SF WW or MW division.
I think Hendo had Shields just a close to being finished as Miller

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
Contender

I think if Lawler does indeed win to face Jacare, the next one to face the winner of that fight should be the winner of a fight between Miller and Henderson!

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
There is some sick talent at MW right now.

I see Jacare or Hendo being champ.

But damn if Lawler, Miller, or Manhoef aren't capable of sneaking up on the title as well.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
There is some sick talent at MW right now.

I see Jacare or Hendo being champ.

But damn if Lawler, Miller, or Manhoef aren't capable of sneaking up on the title as well.
Are you saying the talent level is sick or makes you sick. Seriously Jacare is for real, but I think Hendo is getting too old. Miller has always been a game fighter, but he's never really won the big one. Manhoef is one dimensional. Lawler is brawler, but will never be top tier.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Are you saying the talent level is sick or makes you sick. Seriously Jacare is for real, but I think Hendo is getting too old. Miller has always been a game fighter, but he's never really won the big one. Manhoef is one dimensional. Lawler is brawler, but will never be top tier.
I think Lawler can get past the Brawling stage... he showed it in the Manhoef fight.

Jacare is for real you are right.

Hendo is old but still 3-1 in his last four beating Franklin, Bisbing, and Palhares

Miller, I agree on. But wouldn't be surprised to see him win a big one since he always is compeditive when he faces an opponent.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I think Lawler can get past the Brawling stage... he showed it in the Manhoef fight.

Jacare is for real you are right.

Hendo is old but still 3-1 in his last four beating Franklin, Bisbing, and Palhares

Miller, I agree on. But wouldn't be surprised to see him win a big one since he always is compeditive when he faces an opponent.
Lawler might be able to pull it off against a lesser opponent like Manhoef, but not against the rest of the divsion. Hendo was 3-3 in the UFC, never once beating a ranked fighter. Franklin is a descent fighter, but I still don't think Hendo won that fight. Palhares is a middle of the road fighter, but nothing to write home about. And Bisping, well find me one person who defends the talents of Bisping, and you'll either have someone from the UK or a liar. Hendo's last impressive win was in Pride. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller beat Hendo now that he's aging. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Lawler or Manhoef, but neither of those guys are amongst the best in the division. I say Jacare is your champion as long as he wants to be, just like Shields. The only really tough or interesting fight to me is Diaz vs Jacare, but I don't think Diaz has earned that shot.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think this opens up the MW division and I always found Shields to be a boring fighter so it doesnt hurt my feelings I have been impressed by Jacre and think he can run the MW for a while and being an exciting and well rounded fighter will get me excited for a MW Strikeforce Title Fight.I would have really liked a tourney tho

1 - 20 of 65 Posts