Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scott Smith To Move Down To Welterweight | Steve Rattlesnake

According to MMA Heat, former EliteXC middleweight contender Scott Smith will be moving down to welterweight after the TKO loss to Cung Le in Strikeforce: California.

Fighting as high as light heavyweight, we could probably see Scott Smith fighting in his natural weight for the first time and can boost Strikeforce's growing welterweight roster.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hes crazy Nick Diaz is the champ at WW and he wooped his ass, theres nothing for SS at WW

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I don't think it's the right move for him.
At MW he seems to have more power than at WW.
But he knows himself best.
Or maybe he wants to copy Shields and go up and down?!

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
Scott would know what's best better than me I guess.

But I think he needs to improve his techniques, not change his weight. There was nothing about past performances that indicated he is too small. BUT, these are the days where folks are cutting a LOT of weight, and maybe it could give a little spark to his career.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He had his ass kicked by guys who should be fighting at 170 in his last 3 fights. The guy is just a lucky can it doesn't matter what weight he fights at.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I don't care what weight class he fights at. The bottom line is that Smith isn't a very good fighter. They've marketed him as this Rocky type of fighter that can comeback from a beating, but most of the time he just takes a beating.

·
Registered
428 Posts
yikes that just has bad news written all over it, none the less hope this works out for him, i dont see it working out well though since diaz made him look like a chump when they fought

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
He'll beat Riggs..

He'll lose to Diaz, Woodley, Zaromskis, Daley, and most likley Heiron....

He'd have a sloppy brawl with Santos

Probably beat Devela...

So yeah he's gonna be doing the same thing at WW that he was at MW.

Reactions: rockybalboa25
1 - 10 of 10 Posts