Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Years ago, there was an economics researcher who hung out with gangbangers. They liked him enough that they let him go over their finances and pubish a paper concluding drug dealers make less than minimum wage.

There are exceptions. Former UFC referee Josh Rosenthal would profit much more having their own supply. On average being a drug dealer is probably one of the worst side hustles there is in terms of risk versus reward.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
Yeah especially the risk of spending time in jail with a criminal record or at worst death from a shootout with either police or other gangs. But as for below minimum wage I think the young gangsters who get caught up in it are looking at it from their roots or having almost nothing and thinking it'd be better to have something. Sadly they don't realize that they could make more from an honest job.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
Yeah he is. Also translation is that he "Loves the haters. Cookies Suga merchandise is sold out." I've come to learn these things.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Someone like Conor McGregor might get some nice merch money but Sean isn't there yet.

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think he is there with 1.2 million instagram followers.

All you really need is a big social media following and merchandise people can buy that they might actually use.

Shirts, calendars, coffee mugs, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The population of norway is around 5 million.

A social media following of 1.2 million is larger than the entire population of some small countries.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
Yeah that's certainly an achievement but if he keeps getting injured he'll have problems making money. And this time he not only got injured but lost.

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It wasn't a decisive and clean loss.

Chito beat a one legged man.

It was like Michael Chandler rolling his ankle vs Brent Primus.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
Yeah so it's a hallow victory in other words. Though seriously the fact that Sean is having issues with his legs and injuries is seriously going to hinder his career. This loss maybe a set back depending on when his injury fully heals and all that.

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I don't know if I'd say its a hollow victory.

But it is controversial like Cat Zingano vs Megan Anderson.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
Yeah I don't know if that fight was a controversial fight cause Megan made a completely legal kick regardless of where it landed. One just doesn't try to gouge their toe into someone's eye when they are throwing a kick. Also it was off of Cat's eye lid.

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If I remember right, Megan's kick was an eye poke with the toes.

Which should probably be illegal but somehow isn't.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
It might've looked that way but I remember it being a kick to the eye lid which caused some issues to her eye lid and that was the reason why the fight was called off. It's similar to when Vitor Belfort cut Randy Couture's eye lid with the seem of his glove resulting in a TKO via injury. Also remember if it was an eye poke it wasn't intentional.

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If I remember right, it was an eye poke with the toes. (Which should probably be illegal)

Later Cat said she would rather give birth 10 times than be kicked in the eye like that again.

·
The Title Guy
17,199 Posts
I can understand her not wanting to go through the pain of getting hit like that and considering she's had a son before she'd know about giving birth. However, when it comes to eye pokes with the toe, remember that was a one in a 1000 fight probability. There was no way Megan was intentionally trying to poke Cat in the eyes with her toes.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts