Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every time cro cop fights they dont put the payouts online... can anyone find them for 115?? id really like to know what mirko makes for a fight

·
Registered
30 Posts
IIRC

Fight of the night was McDonald vs Condit
Knockout of the night was Franklin vs Liddell
Submission of the night was CroCop vs Barry

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I think that is because those are official records from commissions and CroCop always fights in Europe and now a place in Canada with no commission. I don't believe the UFC releases those on their own.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
I dunno why but Cro cop got 435,000 for Fight and Sub bonus.. but i dunno why they never put the pay outs..

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Especially seeing as the UFC pays the taxes so they actually get the check for that amount.

Hmmm I didnt know the UFC paid out the taxes.... In the Pat Barry he said that after his first big pay check in the UFC he "Paid off his debts and Put some back for taxes"

·
Dr. Krav...nose, throat, and groin.
530 Posts
if you earn income in the US you have to pay taxes on it.
So if I earn 100K, and have to pay (for sake or argument) 25K in takes on it, but my employer pays the 25K, am I now on the hook for the taxes on 125K? Isn't that 100K now being taxed twice? Or now do I just need to come up with the taxes on the 25K, which as a benefit to me, IS income?

Wow...now my head hurts, I wonder why I didn't go into tax law.....

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
So if I earn 100K, and have to pay (for sake or argument) 25K in takes on it, but my employer pays the 25K, am I now on the hook for the taxes on 125K? Isn't that 100K now being taxed twice? Or now do I just need to come up with the taxes on the 25K, which as a benefit to me, IS income?

Wow...now my head hurts, I wonder why I didn't go into tax law.....
In that case I guess you're fine.....but if you earn 100k and your employer gives you an additional 25k(assuming its not under the table) to cover the taxes then that means you really earned 125k and you need to pay taxes on it.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Especially seeing as the UFC pays the taxes so they actually get the check for that amount.
That's not how math or the IRS works.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Zuffa get's a write off so they pay less taxes.

I think Dana White just hand's out a check and doesn't do payroll for his American guys. At the end of the year, the guys pay their taxes+social security+medicare.

Given that these American fighters aren't probably too high on setting aside money for expected earnings and taxes at the end of the year, it'd probably be in the best interest of UFC to do the payroll taxes for US fighters so they dont end up in IRS trouble.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In that case I guess you're fine.....but if you earn 100k and your employer gives you an additional 25k(assuming its not under the table) to cover the taxes then that means you really earned 125k and you need to pay taxes on it.
I actually do this work for a living and yes if UFC pays the tax, then that is taxable to the fighter as well. Therefore the amount of tax the UFC would pay is quite a bit. If taxes are 30%, they would need to pay almost 145k so that the fighter gets to keep 100K

I dont think the UFC does do this as the fighter would end up keeping more than 100K since they would have income of $145 but they are allowed to deduct their expenses which lets say is $45K, they would only pay tax on 100K and would get back the difference of 15K from the IRS.

Its really long and complicated, but since no 2 fighters have the same costs, the UFC would have to pay the full tax on their salary for the fight.

I would suspect that the figher is responsible for their own taxes but the UFC may give them additional bonuses depending on where they fight. The money Liddell made in BC has more tax than if it was made in Vegas so I am sure the UFC hooks them up for the difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.