Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
As much as I respect Serra's BJJ abilities, I think he's outmatched by Lytle in a few areas: Standup technique; overall natural size, weight, strength and height.

I really believe that Serra is in the wrong weight class. It's unfortunate because he doesn't get a good shot to showcase his skills.

Plus, let's imagine if Serra defeats Lytle. There is no way on God's green earth that he would be able to beat Hughes or GSP. Can someone say Guaranteed Domination? They should showcase Serra in the LW division now that it's starting to get some serious depth.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Matt_Serra_Fan said:
Don't be fooled by my name. I know Lytle is going to win this fight by submission but Serra is still going to get a contract anyways so im still happy.
Has Serra always been your favorite fighter? If so, Why? He has talent but I wouldn't pick him to hold any of the belts that he could make weight for. Just curious, not trying to start another Matt Serra argument. BTW, I think Sell beats Lutter in TUF4 MW finals.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
I dont know I just like his style and his attitude during fighting. I dont always go for the big popular guys sometimes but I know when someones going to get destroyed.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
hutchykurt said:
Has Serra always been your favorite fighter? If so, Why? He has talent but I wouldn't pick him to hold any of the belts that he could make weight for. Just curious, not trying to start another Matt Serra argument. BTW, I think Sell beats Lutter in TUF4 MW finals.
I agree. Sell will prolly take that one. As for the Serra Lytle match.....I'm leaning toward Lytle for that one

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i think lytle is gonna beatr serra, but i think he is gonna KO him, but im pretty sure its gonna be Cote vs Lutter in the finals

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think Sell goes to the final vs. Dewees.

Cote is a good fighter but in his last fight he seemed to lack the strength to impose his will fully on Jorge Rivera. He had to constantly look to his corner for advice on what to do next.

Pete Sell has to be cooled down so he doesn't force himsef into a bad position and he has a solid chin. He goes for it. Cote seemed to need coaching and encouragement.

Dewees: He showed his heart when he fought Gideon Ray(even though he got dominated by Franklin). I think Sell takes him out by strikes.

Either way, none of them have a real shot against Silva.

Just an opinion.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought Serra would make short work of Carter, but he didn't. Despite his BJJ, he couldn't make anything work on the ground. And, he got tagged with the SBF even though he was specifically looking for it.

I like Serra and think he'd be a good guy to have in your corner, but I think Lytle will take this one in a decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.