Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. In my honest opinion, I thought the fight was stopped too early. Fedor never even hit him when he was down, as soon as rogers hit the canvas, he started moving. All ground shots were blocked.

2. Fedor looked lost as hell inside a cage. He couldnt really deal with being pressed up against the cage, something he would get owned in by lesnar or carwin.

3. Fedors ground looked good, but he couldnt really move rogers, and rogers is a natural 260, lesnar cuts from 290.

4. He knocked rogers down, but that was the same kind of punch that he got arlovski with, a lucky punch, he wasnt even looking, and still didnt ko him.

All in all fedor is still fedor, but I think we saw a lot of flaws in his game. I think in a rematch of 10 times, fedor only wins 50% of the time. If he were to go into the ufc, he better start to train in the cage, where they allow elbows to the ground as well.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I can definitley see what you are saying. Are you trying to tell us Fedor is human and not some robtic creation from a different deminsion. How odd this whole time the guy was actually human.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
1. He was turned away from Fedor, in the fetal position. That's grounds for a stoppage if I've ever seen one. Fedor missed more than he was blocked.

2. I don't know about lost. But I'm not surprised he wasn't quite as comfortable.

3. Brock doesn't really cut anymore. He mentioned this on his All Access vid. But yeah, the size may be a problem.

4. So he hit a lucky punch in two straight fights now? Doesn't seem that lucky.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is exactly what makes his fights amazing. The fact that he makes it look like he might lose, like the fight could have gone either way. Believe it or not, Fedor was destined to win that fight. He is the "hero" in his fights, he pulls through no matter what. He's bleeding, can barely see, and is getting GnP'd hard as hell, and somehow manages to pull off an arm bar to get out of it...if it wasn't for the cage being there he would have won the fight right there. The guy is the damn hero of fights, simple as that. He puts on a great show too, all the cards yesterday were amazing, Mousasi's fight was amazing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah it was wheey too early:confused03: we needd to see bret rogers curl into a foetal position for several seconds more...he was still curled up after Big john called it

If you think that was a lucky punch then im sorry but you need help...that was a clearly premeditated and timed shot

·
Registered
241 Posts
Heès not lucky...its destiny. I can understand winning a few and being really good but then theres what Fedor has done over the course of his career. Fedor has some really good belief in himself and really trusts in God when he walks into a fight.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I agree. When ur covering up in the fetal postion do you really need to take more punches?? Why don't we just make a rule that the fight doesn't stop unless someone is in a coma? I also agree that if he didnt look uncomfortable in a cage that would've been wierd. It is a diffrent environment. As far as his ground game goes, how many guys would've ate ground and pound like fedor did and still almost pull out an arm bar. Not many.

·
Registered
773 Posts
its amazing how fedor is known for throwing these boms and loopy punches. Yeah we KNOW its not text book boxing but he makes it work yet we always get some idiot (im not saying necessarily here in this thread) that says he got lucky.
As for brett rogers hes a solid fighter he took some solid hits that would have ko'ed other

·
Registered
376 Posts
this is why i hate mma noobs. any punch thrown that hard and fast is lucky? any punch that connects is not lucky, u throw and hope u land simple as that.

he couldn't deal with being pressed up? yeah he took a real beating being pressed up huh, he was in dire straights..

stop acting like transitioning to the cage is the hardest thing in the world, esp a top mma fighter.

i hate people who say lucky punches, u expect every punch u have to be well thought out 1 minute b4 u throw it? have u ever been in a fight? u swing hoping to hit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
i think the reason why noobs are questioning the punch is that fedor stumbled over throwing it. Jesus H Christ, fedor put some serious power into that punch as he knew rogers was solid considering he took a good hard punch in round one and stood firm.

He beat rogers to that punch because by the time rogers through his bomb he was already on his way down....nothing lucky about it

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
1. In my honest opinion, I thought the fight was stopped too early. Fedor never even hit him when he was down, as soon as rogers hit the canvas, he started moving. All ground shots were blocked.
lol this is so wrong.

Even Rogers didn't complain about the stoppage but for some reason you do..

2. Fedor looked lost as hell inside a cage. He couldnt really deal with being pressed up against the cage, something he would get owned in by lesnar or carwin.
I do agree here but it was his 1st fight in a cage. He'll fix this by his next fight.

3. Fedors ground looked good, but he couldnt really move rogers, and rogers is a natural 260, lesnar cuts from 290.
His ground didnt look that good actually.

Rogers does cut some weight to make 265, Lesnar doesnt cut from 290 on weigh in day but from around 275-277 lbs.

4. He knocked rogers down, but that was the same kind of punch that he got arlovski with, a lucky punch, he wasnt even looking, and still didnt ko him.
lol, lucky punch... He could do it 5 times in a row and you'd still call it a lucky punch.

Fact is, good, precise strikers don't need to look at their opponents jaw to know where it is.

Anyway, thread moved to Smacktalk.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
this is why i hate mma noobs. any punch thrown that hard and fast is lucky? any punch that connects is not lucky, u throw and hope u land simple as that.

he couldn't deal with being pressed up? yeah he took a real beating being pressed up huh, he was in dire straights..

stop acting like transitioning to the cage is the hardest thing in the world, esp a top mma fighter.

i hate people who say lucky punches, u expect every punch u have to be well thought out 1 minute b4 u throw it? have u ever been in a fight? u swing hoping to hit.
I agree with most but disagree to.. Transitioning for most thats used to a ring is a big deal. Take mirko a k boxer who stalks corners and punishes .. Or someone who isnt used to a wrestler pushing with all there might into there gut trying to sweep them.. These things are all issues that arent easy for all to over come. Fedor sambo matches are on a open mat so the cornering issue isnt a issue for him. Its not something he has to solely rely on or trained around.

As for a lucky punch ur nuts... You can clearly see it was timed and intentional. In fact he tried that same counter earlier in the fight but had failed to connect.

No doubt

·
Delicious Pudding
10,930 Posts
This is exactly what makes his fights amazing. The fact that he makes it look like he might lose, like the fight could have gone either way. Believe it or not, Fedor was destined to win that fight. He is the "hero" in his fights, he pulls through no matter what. He's bleeding, can barely see, and is getting GnP'd hard as hell, and somehow manages to pull off an arm bar to get out of it...if it wasn't for the cage being there he would have won the fight right there. The guy is the damn hero of fights, simple as that. He puts on a great show too, all the cards yesterday were amazing, Mousasi's fight was amazing.
This.

·
Registered
8 Posts
strikeforce is like wwe. they do have good fighters but get rid of the firework entrances. i think fedor is over rated and i wasnt impressed with his fight.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I dont exactly see how he was lost with his back to the cage, Rogers couldnt do shit when he had Fedor pressed up against the cage. Now Rogers isnt exactly Randy Couture with his fence work, but either way Fedor wasnt in any trouble while pressed against the cage. I guess Fedor is just the master of the "lucky punch" as well, but to me it looked a lot more like he was coming forward and layed Rogers the **** out with a huge bomb straight to the dome piece.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts