Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I'll say as always...fairly new to UFC (a year now). So how does Ken fair in his Prime against Tito today??? How would that fight go down?

·
Banned
723 Posts
No question, Ken at his prime and natural weight would kill Ortiz.

Kens knees are shot now so he is not able to shoot and get leg locks like he used to but back then he was an animal. Plus throw in his stand up and Tito wouldn't have stood a chance.

Pogo

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
No question, Ken at his prime and natural weight would kill Ortiz.

Kens knees are shot now so he is not able to shoot and get leg locks like he used to but back then he was an animal. Plus throw in his stand up and Tito wouldn't have stood a chance.

Pogo

I 2nd.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Shamrock would have killed tito the reason tito beats him now is cos of a few factors ken is old and past his prime. He is fighting 205 if they fought today at heavyweight ken would own tito reason why cos tito wouldnt have the strengh advantage enymore ken would overwelm tito

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wont say that Ken would have the strength advantage today.

Or even a couple years ago.

If you put Ken Shamrock, the same one that fought Don Frye, minus the ACL tear, then he would have beaten Tito Ortiz.

His strength was huge, as he was able to control guys like Kimo and Severn, and paritally Frye.

Striking is better, so are his takedowns.

BUt hell, we will never know. Let stop comparing the old vs the new, its not meant to be that way.

·
Registered
213 Posts
spearsoldier said:
I wont say that Ken would have the strength advantage today.

Or even a couple years ago.

If you put Ken Shamrock, the same one that fought Don Frye, minus the ACL tear, then he would have beaten Tito Ortiz.

His strength was huge, as he was able to control guys like Kimo and Severn, and paritally Frye.

Striking is better, so are his takedowns.

BUt hell, we will never know. Let stop comparing the old vs the new, its not meant to be that way.
I agree can we all please move on shamrock as retired can we let him and tito rest now its dead and gone the ufc is very exiting at the moment with every event better than the last lets stop comparing tito to shamrock tito will never do for th sport that shamrock has shamrock is the most desurving hall of famer anyone who knows enything about the sport knows that lets leave it at that

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
iceman574 said:
I agree can we all please move on shamrock as retired can we let him and tito rest now its dead and gone the ufc is very exiting at the moment with every event better than the last lets stop comparing tito to shamrock tito will never do for th sport that shamrock has shamrock is the most desurving hall of famer anyone who knows enything about the sport knows that lets leave it at that
Royce is the most deserving hall of famer then Randy. I dont wanna argue about this anymore but Ill just say I think Tito would beat Ken in his prime.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
:thumbsup: ken would beat down tito if ken would have just waited to get his knee operated on before fighting tito he would have won. I mean he almost ko ed tito even with a torn acl.the reason ken lost was the same reason that randy lost to chuk randy and ken are better fighters but when you get old you are knocked out more and you can not take as much punisment. an yong ken could beat tito any day

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
ken was a beast back in his day. but its not only that he was younger, the game was different. tito is defenitly one of the "new breed" of MMA fighters... the serious cross-training and such. i still think the tito of today would beat the Ken of his day. but, i think the fight would have been much more exciting, and even a lot closer. still, i think tito would have picked up the W.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Ken in his prime was a better fighter than he is now, but not dramatically better. Tito would still have beaten him and still beaten him easily

·
Registered
39 Posts
if ken fought tito in his prime, tito wouldn't stand a chance. Ken has got the best leg locks, but now his knees are bad and he can't wrestle like he use to, and lets not forget his standup, ken has heavy hands, and if ken connects with his right your out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
asskicker said:
Royce is the most deserving hall of famer then Randy. I dont wanna argue about this anymore but Ill just say I think Tito would beat Ken in his prime.
i also dont feel like arguing about it anymore, but i cant help but say your wrong, look at his old videos, some good some bad, but what you cant deny is he was a freaking animal he was fast and dominating. Im not sure if he would "kill" tito but he had a better then 50% chance of beatinghim thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
ill bet all you guys if you ask Ken if he was better at submissions when he faught Tito the first time or when he faught Royce he will tell you he got better as he aged..Its like that with all forms of martial arts, the longer you practice a craft the better you become, stregnth isnt everything..There is nothing in all 3 of those fights that tell me Ken would stand a chance in his prime, because in their first fight Ken was still on top of his game, and dont give me the injury crap, if ur THAT injured dont fight..Its just a terrible match up for Ken , some fighters styles just arent made to beat some guys..Just like Babalu will never beat Chuck, ever...Its doesnt mean Babalu stinks , its just means Chuck is a bad match up for him..Ken was a great fighter but he just cant beat Tito..Its simple as that

·
Registered
268 Posts
What has Randy done that Ken has not?

Did Royce gracie ever even bother to actually evolve with mma? Hell no. Did he put his ass on the line for mma? Hell no. I hate Royce gracie. He doesnt deserve shit.

As for Ken in his prime, lets drop it already.

Randy beat Tito Ortiz at 42 becasue Randy is a crisp wrestler with good skill.

Ken is good, but the reason for his sheer dominance was his skill + his beastly strength/speed. He has lost the strength and speed, so he got killed by tito.

Drop the ****IGN TOPIC.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.