Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was just doing some resurch and it hit me all shamrocks succes in his career as been at heavyweight he was the first ever king of pancreas champion. Was the first hybred fighters he has had some amazing battles at heavyweight he had to come down to 205 to face tito and it killed him tito Refused to face shamrock at heavyweight When asked to move to up he stated no i will only fight at 205 why would he refuse is it cos he feels he could not fight at his best at heavyweight and feels shamrock would be a greater threat maybe shamrock looks so bad latly cos he is a heavyweight compeatin at 205 and facin 1 of the best 205 fighters in the ufc i think it would only be fair that tito move to heavyweight this time if it was in the heavyweght div would the fight b different shamrock has lost all his 205 fights but has been a world class athleate at heavyweight. Tito is a world class athleate at 205 if he moved up to heavyweight would the tables turn
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Yeah i posted this on a diffrent thread. Ken isn't a natural 205 fighter. While tito drops weight to make this it's all water. He bounces back easy form it. Ken has to actually lose wieght. It's not where he belongs. Thats why i like guys like wand. He will fight a heavyweight. He entered the open gp. He didn't make hunt drop weight. Tito is a coward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
iceman574 said:
hey i was just doing some resurch and it hit me all shamrocks succes in his career as been at heavyweight he was the first ever king of pancreas champion. Was the first hybred fighters he has had some amazing battles at heavyweight he had to come down to 205 to face tito and it killed him tito Refused to face shamrock at heavyweight When asked to move to up he stated no i will only fight at 205 why would he refuse is it cos he feels he could not fight at his best at heavyweight and feels shamrock would be a greater threat maybe shamrock looks so bad latly cos he is a heavyweight compeatin at 205 and facin 1 of the best 205 fighters in the ufc i think it would only be fair that tito move to heavyweight this time if it was in the heavyweght div would the fight b different shamrock has lost all his 205 fights but has been a world class athleate at heavyweight. Tito is a world class athleate at 205 if he moved up to heavyweight would the tables turn
that a great argument i never thought of that, ken wants tito so bad he dropped down to fight him and anyone who knows mma, i dont mean fans i mean fighters, knows that it will kill you, it definetly takes something away when you dont fight are your natural weight

But i also dont want to make excuses for shammy, then people will jump all over that so its best to let is slide, but people should definetly keep this in mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i thought tito claims he is better than shamrock but it is clear shamrock is no were near at his best it 205 if he is so good why refuse we all know why he knows dam well that if this was a heavyweght bout he would lose I aint making an ascuse its just shamy has fought tito twice at 205 why not prove without dout he is better an face shamrock were he is at his best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
iceman574 said:
Thats what i thought tito claims he is better than shamrock but it is clear shamrock is no were near at his best it 205 if he is so good why refuse we all know why he knows dam well that if this was a heavyweght bout he would lose I aint making an ascuse its just shamy has fought tito twice at 205 why not prove without dout he is better an face shamrock were he is at his best

Nice sig brotha.






And to answer your question - Because Tito is a coward. I noticed this a long time ago, but no one really noticed because Ken accomadated for Tito's cowardness. Was it a smart move by Ken? No. But that is part of Tito's gameplan. He got under Kens skin too much. Doesnt make him less of a coward though. Cowards are smart usually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
iceman574 said:
Thats what i thought tito claims he is better than shamrock but it is clear shamrock is no were near at his best it 205 if he is so good why refuse we all know why he knows dam well that if this was a heavyweght bout he would lose I aint making an ascuse its just shamy has fought tito twice at 205 why not prove without dout he is better an face shamrock were he is at his best
i agree 100%
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Tito isnt a coward, he just likes playin head games with Ken..He wins the fight b4 it starts because of his games. Tito has never faught at heavyweight so why start now, I dont think Ken is any better at heavyweight, the reason all his big wins were when he was a HW was because that was almost ten years ago and he was a younger and better fighter , it doesnt have ne thing to do with his weight..Look at Randy, he was much more dominant at 205, no one made the excuse when Chuck knocked him out sayin Chuck was a coward for not fighting at Randy's natural weight..You guys just all hate Tito thats why ur sayin this crap :thumbsdown:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
Tito usually comes in at 204 or 205. He can easily come in at 206 and be HW so that he can face Ken at his best. But like everyone has already said he is a coward just looked how much he ducked Liddell.


Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well tito will always b a coward thats why he wouldnt fight chuck when he was champ it annoys me when people bash shamrock and dont give him the respect he desurves without him the sport of mma wouldnt b were it is today Ken introduced it to us and helped make it popular and it gets under my skin when tito fans claim he has passed it and is inferor without taking into account all the facs
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
Ken was truely an innovator. One of the first real well rounded fighters with mixed martial arts. He had it all, good stand up, good submissions, good takedowns and good take down defense. He is a legend and no one can ever take that away from him.


Pogo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
Ken was truely an innovator. One of the first real well rounded fighters with mixed martial arts. He had it all, good stand up, good submissions, good takedowns and good take down defense. He is a legend and no one can ever take that away from him.


Pogo
i agree with all that :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its a pleasure to get to speak with normal people i am sick of speakin with morons who have no clue of what shamrock has done for the sport and genarly have no clue about mma even if shamrock loses i will still respect him he will always be a fan of his i aint a fake fan i dont just cheer for the winner win or lose he has my support my thanks for putting mma and the ufc no the map along with dana and he will alkways have my respect and to all you shamrock haters shamrock will alkways have dedicated fans and we are not going enywere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
jdun11 said:
Tito isnt a coward, he just likes playin head games with Ken..He wins the fight b4 it starts because of his games. Tito has never faught at heavyweight so why start now, I dont think Ken is any better at heavyweight, the reason all his big wins were when he was a HW was because that was almost ten years ago and he was a younger and better fighter , it doesnt have ne thing to do with his weight..Look at Randy, he was much more dominant at 205, no one made the excuse when Chuck knocked him out sayin Chuck was a coward for not fighting at Randy's natural weight..You guys just all hate Tito thats why ur sayin this crap :thumbsdown:
No most hate Tito because he shows a lack of respect to a lot of MMA fighters, he's got this huge big headed ego and he is cockier than hell. People like him define the meaning of unsportsmanlike. He uses that whole persona to cause attention acting like a child. Hell hes not even a great fighter... he's a mediocre or good fighter. After Liddell KO's him then I hope they let Sobral submit his ass so we can see Tito cry again.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
31 Posts
Tito would get owned if he fought Ken at HW, Ken wus like a lean 235 too so when he drops down to 205 he's losing a lot of mustle, people forget how he manhandled Fujita and Kimo at HW not too long ago. most people that blast ken are usually like 14-16 year old kids that started watchin mma through TUF and don't know shit about the sport, i garuntee it, look at any tito fans profile their usually like 15.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
Conor said:
Tito would get owned if he fought Ken at HW, Ken wus like a lean 235 too so when he drops down to 205 he's losing a lot of mustle, people forget how he manhandled Fujita and Kimo at HW not too long ago. most people that blast ken are usually like 14-16 year old kids that started watchin mma through TUF and don't know shit about the sport, i garuntee it, look at any tito fans profile their usually like 15.
dont forget don frye lol well he actually put up a good fight unlike the other 2.but ya this is what i was talking about in another thread. ken isnt a good lhw fighter and if he fought tito at hw then tito would get owned , its obvious that kens a great hw fighter since that is what he was before he went into pro wrestling. ive always thought about this just never really gotten the chance to talk about it that much. im glad u realized this though. at least some pple understand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
jdun11 said:
Tito isnt a coward, he just likes playin head games with Ken..He wins the fight b4 it starts because of his games. Tito has never faught at heavyweight so why start now, I dont think Ken is any better at heavyweight, the reason all his big wins were when he was a HW was because that was almost ten years ago and he was a younger and better fighter , it doesnt have ne thing to do with his weight..Look at Randy, he was much more dominant at 205, no one made the excuse when Chuck knocked him out sayin Chuck was a coward for not fighting at Randy's natural weight..You guys just all hate Tito thats why ur sayin this crap :thumbsdown:
when you drop down weight like that it eats ur muscle and totally bogs down your body, UHM its not crap its a fact that all real fighters no, since ur not a real fighter yet just give it up.

Yeah i hate tito but i give him all the credit in the world. Maybe it sounds like crap because u hate ken.

Dont act like ur better then us, you stick up for tito just as much as we stick up for ken and you hate on ken just as much as we hate on tito.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
So ****ing true.

Hey, I am 15. But guess what? I did my research. I watched the old fights. I bought the dvds. I bought his books. I learned from them.

ITs my dream to fight in MMA. I WILL accomplish it. ANd I know the man to thank for that. Ken Shamrock is my hero. MMA wouldnt be here iwhtout him.

And same for Dana White. He may be an ass, but he put MMA on the map. PPl know MMA becasue of him. Pride didnt do shit for MMA. UFC and Spike make everyone know about MMA. Dana White. Not some Saku-sushi guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Ken faught at 220 in the first ufc and 215 in the third.He was 220 when he faught severn at 6. Traditionally a fighter gets heavier as he gets older. I think you make a strong point, it is curious that tito would not be willing to gain for the fight as opposed to expect ken to lose weight. He is several years younger and it would be easier on his body than it is on ken's.
Just goes to show ya that tito is a *****
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top