Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Didn't Gabriel Gonzaga knock him on his azz?
I don't know who will win, I can't predict the future like some of you, but I expect Lesnar to take the fight to the mat. If he does... it will be awfully hard to knock Brock out from his back.
You obviously think Brock is this unstoppable god that all he has to do is will it to go to the ground and it will be so...

It will be interesting to see if it goes to the later rounds but I think it will be an early KO or TKO for one of these guys. I don't think these guys really have to Cardio that makes and entertaining fight in the later rounds because they have so much muscle. They will both gass if it goes into the championship rounds. Then it is just whoever lands a really hard punch wins.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
You obviously think Brock is this unstoppable god that all he has to do is will it to go to the ground and it will be so...

It will be interesting to see if it goes to the later rounds but I think it will be an early KO or TKO for one of these guys. I don't think these guys really have to Cardio that makes and entertaining fight in the later rounds because they have so much muscle. They will both gass if it goes into the championship rounds. Then it is just whoever lands a really hard punch wins.
I think Brock is a God because I said I expect him to take it to the ground? I didn't know that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i don't know what i can't wait to see more: Brock whooping up on this dude convincingly or the excuses everyone is going to make after he does it. i think i might have to make a poll of which excuse is going to be used more.:wink01:

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Shane Carwin can predict anything he'd like, but a prediction is one thing, and actually following up on it is another.

Look, I'm not Lesnar 'nut-hugger' as everyone would say, but I just don't believe Carwin has the resume, the technique, or the speed to beat Brock, period.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
I'm actually not that impressed with either guys striking. Carwin however has good striking in the clinch and has shown more power in his hands than Lesnar. Although, I think it's safe to say that he won't bully Lesnar in the clinch.

Let's review Carwins fights in the UFC. He fights Wellisch first and actually gets tagged a few times in the opening seconds, but that is ignored considering he finished Wellisch in under a minute. I think it's understandable why someone would ignore that especially since that was 2 years ago as well. He has probably improved a lot since then.

In his next fight, he goes against Wain. It's another quick win, although Wain did get the better of him in the stand up so Carwin had to take it to the ground. Once again, that was in 2008 and Carwin tried to fix his holes that even he pointed out to my knowledge.

Next he fights Gonzaga, I'm sure most of us remember that fight. Gonzaga actually rocks Carwin and takes him down. Carwin shows his wrestling by getting back to his feet and then proceeds on showing his power by knocking out an over confident Gonzaga. I think most of us can agree that Gonzaga got too comfortable after hurting Carwin and made the mistake of forgetting about Carwins heavy hands.

Then Carwin fights Mir and avoided exchanging with him. Instead, he goes right into the clinch where he was obviously superior. It was a good game plan considering Mir had nothing for him in the clinch.

Anyways, I'm not saying Carwin won't have an advantage in the stand up. I still think that he has more power in his hands than Lesnar and that Lesnar should probably avoid standing with him. I just also think that Carwin has poor defense and is only dangerous standing because of his power.

Of course that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Shane Carwin can predict anything he'd like, but a prediction is one thing, and actually following up on it is another.

Look, I'm not Lesnar 'nut-hugger' as everyone would say, but I just don't believe Carwin has the resume, the technique, or the speed to beat Brock, period.
Carwin has never lost, all of his fights have not gone past the first round...Carwin solidified himself as a threat to Lesnar after he whooped Super-Mir's ass worse than Lesnar did regular-Mir. Don't write him off man, the guy is no joke.

I'm pulling for Lesnar, but to be quite honest, I don't really like either of these guys. I would love to see JDS or Cain get a shot at the gold, but that wont be for some time. Hopefully we see the winner of Lesnar v Carwin against Cain for the title around November :)

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Carwin has never lost, all of his fights have not gone past the first round...Carwin solidified himself as a threat to Lesnar after he whooped Super-Mir's ass worse than Lesnar did regular-Mir. Don't write him off man, the guy is no joke.

I'm pulling for Lesnar, but to be quite honest, I don't really like either of these guys. I would love to see JDS or Cain get a shot at the gold, but that wont be for some time. Hopefully we see the winner of Lesnar v Carwin against Cain for the title around November :)
I'm not writing him off, I'm giving him a puncher's chance. :thumb02:

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
Carwin will knock Brock out.

Carwin is a big guy with some solid wrestling. He's not as good of a wrestler as Brock, and he's not AS big, but he's still a big dude with a solid wrestling background, the difference is he has the power to put Brock away with 1 punch, and I see him doing just that.

I can see him using his wrestling to avoid the TD long enough to put Brock away.

However, this is a tough fight to call, cause if Brock does get him down, he could very well TKO him, or just win via decison by keeping him on his back.

Tough fight to call, but when I play this fight in my mind, it normally ends in Brock getting clipped and put away.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I say either Carwin KO by round 1 or a Lesnar TKO by round 3. Hopefully a Lesnar TKO by round 3, but Carwin is no joke and neither is Cain or JDS for that matter, so the winner has a handful either way.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.