Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Dave Meltzer, it is being reported that Shane McMahon recently had a meeting at the UFC offices. When asked for more information, Dana White responded with:

"No comment."

got this from nodq.com

Since when does Dana White say no comment? I wonder what this could be about. Im trying to imagine but cannot come up with anything, so i thought i would post it here and see what the mmaforum could come up with

·
Registered
231 Posts
Clearly Dana White was misquoted. What he meant to say was "No #&*!ing comment!"

No idea what's actually going on here. But I'm pretty sure Shane McMahon is a fan of MMA and tried to convince his father to purchase it a few years back.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Dana's been looking for an outside investor for a few months: the figure he was floating around was an investor with $100 million. Shane O' Mac might actually fit that bill. Pure speculation at this point.

One of Dana's stipulations was that the outside investor not have much input into day to day operations. I'm guessing Shane O' Mac came talkin' with a huge pile of money in hopes of learning the ropes, or the cage, so to speak. Speculation on my part.

·
Registered
536 Posts
WOW! Dana never says "No Comment." The only time I ever remember him saying it was when he was asked about Cro Cop signing with UFC. So maybe this "No Comment" is a good sign?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Shane does not work for the WWE anymore, he left the company they are problaby just gonna hire him for some publizing or somoething, UFC are running the company after the WWE buisness model so shane should def be a good addition.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Shane was an important aspect of acquiring global Television and marketing deals for the WWE, since he is a fan of MMA and has left WWEI would imagine he would be looking to help the UFC further its expansion into new markets.

·
Registered
241 Posts
They are negotiating a storyline competition where we have WWE wrestlers fight in the octagon against UFC fighters, while UFC fighters cross over to wrestle in a WWE ring against WWE wrestlers. We'll have Undertaker vs. Junior Dos Santos, Anderson Silva vs. Rey Mysterio, and Kimbo vs. John Cena in the octagon. And we'll have Lesnar, Machida, and Coleman in a WWE ring against some "wrestlers."

But seriously, I think it has something to do with Shane McMahon leaving WWE later this year to pursue other ventures. I am sure he walked into the UFC office and asked, "Can I have a job." DW said "F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F****.......Sure, you start Monday."

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I don't see why its a WWE thing at all, they have a guy who has some serious experience in helping an entertainment company expand globally walk in the door since the UFC is looking to expand globally themselves they would be stupid not to hire him.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Didn't DW show interest in selling a small portion of his share in the UFC? My guess would be it's about that perhaps.

Had the priviledge of meeting Shane McMahon when my dad worked for WWF (head broadcaster, not wrestler, haha). The guy screams of success, a really obvious CEO-quality guy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Didn't DW show interest in selling a small portion of his share in the UFC? My guess would be it's about that perhaps.

Had the priviledge of meeting Shane McMahon when my dad worked for WWF (head broadcaster, not wrestler, haha). The guy screams of success, a really obvious CEO-quality guy.
If by CEO-quality you mean greedy corporate scum who makes disgusting amounts of money that they don't need, then yes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
From a purely business perspective, it would be a pretty good thing I guess. The WWE transformed its self from the old WWF over the last decade or so into a global powerhouse.

But WWE was only successful because they turned it into a circus act. I can only hope the UFC doesn't start getting stupid story lines to sell fights. The vast majority of MMA fans watch it for the sport, not the beef.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
From a purely business perspective, it would be a pretty good thing I guess. The WWE transformed its self from the old WWF over the last decade or so into a global powerhouse.

But WWE was only successful because they turned it into a circus act. I can only hope the UFC doesn't start getting stupid story lines to sell fights. The vast majority of MMA fans watch it for the sport, not the beef.
what do you call the pre-fight interviews?? so much trash talking to hype up the PPV and hopefully sell more, turns out they that really dont hate each other...

there are very few fighters who take part in this trash talking that the UFC wants them to do, GSP being one of them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
what do you call the pre-fight interviews?? so much trash talking to hype up the PPV and hopefully sell more, turns out they that really dont hate each other...

there are very few fighters who take part in this trash talking that the UFC wants them to do, GSP being one of them.
The Pre fight interviews are hardly on the scale of some of the WWE story lines.

We haven't seen Dana White fighting in the Octagon for control of the company yet, and that's the level of silliness the WWE has reached.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I was never making an exact comparision, LOL... only a fool would, I am just saying that they use some things on the lines of "story telling" to sell more of the product.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts