Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hahaha, some of the comments in this thread are hilarious. I'm sure Shane wants something to do with UFC. Some thought maybe he would start his own MMA company, but I would imagine that would be pretty tough to do with some of the competition he'd be facing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was never making an exact comparision, LOL... only a fool would, I am just saying that they use some things on the lines of "story telling" to sell more of the product.
Yeah it's a marketing strategy that works for sure, as has been displayed in WWE.

I just think the MMA crowd is slightly more mature than that. Sure we all like to see fights where the fighters really want it, but I really hope we don't ever see matches where you see pre fight footage of say Wandy bitch slapping Maia's girlfriend or something. That kinda thing is common place in WWE and it should have no place in the UFC or any MMA.

There is a line I hope they don't cross, if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think Shane showed up to buy that 10% of the company Dana White has been talking about. Being a company worth close to or equal to a billion dollars, I think that Shane who is probably worth, individually, around $100 million, could buy it easily. It would be a good investment too. This business is only going to grow (hopefully) and he could make a nice profit off of this investment.

As far as a role in the company, I think that Dana and Fertittas are very hesitant to that since they've already stated that. To tell the truth, I think Shane went in with the intention to buy or at least open up a door and Dana or someone said no since Shane would want a role in deciding the direction of the company.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
http://www.mmaforreal.com/2009/10/20/1093013/dana-white-the-ufc-isnt-for-sale

"This is [expletive] bad; it’s not what I said. Here’s the bottom line: Basically, it was a longer story and he kept asking if we would sell this thing or not. I kept saying ‘No. No, we won’t sell it,’ and I’d go through this whole [expletive] thing about how we’re all 40 years old and we’re young and we’re the visionaries for this thing. We know where we’re taking this thing. We know where it’s going... We have no interest in selling it. And going public? We don’t need the [expletive] money. You go public when you want to raise cash. You raise capital to do something bigger. We don’t want to do that. We’re not looking to do that."

"He kept [expletive] pushing and pushing. He said, ‘OK, hypothetically speaking, would you ever sell a piece of it?’ I said, ‘I guess we’d sell a tiny little piece. We’d probably sell a tiny little piece.’ But, here’s the thing: I want it to be known that this guy kept pushing me and pushing me. I said ‘No, we wouldn’t go public. No, we wouldn’t sell it.’ At the end of the day, we’re the guys who are driving this thing. We have the vision. We know where we want to take this thing."

"We’re not interested in selling a piece of this to anybody. Me, Frank and Lorenzo are the three owners. We have an awesome relationship. Everything runs smoothly. It’s perfect. And for us to even offer somebody a piece, it would be the biggest compliment in [expletive] history because they’d have to be a serious strategic partner. It’s the only [expletive] way we’d do it."

"Why would we do that? We have this incredibly successful business. We know exactly where we want to go with it. And the only way we would do this, if we did sell a piece of it, it would be with some serious, serious player, a big-time strategic partner. That’s it. So the thing was really taken out of context because the guy was pushing me and pushing me and pushing me about, ‘What do you mean? You’d never sell it? You’d never go public? How about a piece? Would you sell a little piece?’ The guy kept pushing me, you know what I mean, and that was my [expletive] answer."

The UFC isnt actively seeking to sell any portion of itself, as opposed to what several posts on this thread have stated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mma is about making money. it should stand for "more money, assholes.". lol. pride and honor my ass. maybe from some of the fighters point of view, shit sure not from dana's point of view.

·
Banned
90 Posts
i would love to see wwe type storylines, idk why.. just something new. I understand it has no buisness in the ufc, but i think they could do it the same way they did it in pride fc

21 - 30 of 30 Posts