Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine, I have maximuscle promax that tastes crap, so after a workout I blend the vanilla promax with some milk, a full banana and a dollop of penut butter... makes it taste nicer and adds more carbs for refuling my muscles for recovery... another is chocolate whey with penut butter, banana, a few hazelnuts and maple syrup with abit of cinnoman and vanilla extract... I use that one when I have had a intense 1pm submission fighting condition session at my club, as the conditioning and grapple sparing takes all the glycogen from all your muscles and leaves you very litte energy... plus I have a pure sick sweet tooth and lova da chocolatee. Post some of your recipies cos I Wanna steal them ;) :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I use a Whey Protein powder (Caramel vanilla)

I'll get a mixing glass and pour in about 4 ounces of powder then toss in about 6 ounces of water, add another 2 ounces of powder and add 2 more ounces of water.

I use fresh fruit whenever possible.

I enjoy strawberries, cherries, etc.

For my 2nd shake I did up I put in about half a pound of strawberries and about 4-6 ounces of pitted bing cherries.

Blend all of this together and add up to 16-20 cubes of ice.

I plan on buying some blueberries today and blackberries.

I'll throw both 8oz containers in and see how it is.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
1. Break a banana in pieces and put it in a blender.
2. Fill up with milk (preferably semi-skimmed, but skimmed will taste alright too) until the banana is covered.
3. Add the desired amount of non flavored protein powder.
4. Mix and enjoy.

·
Registered
418 Posts
1. Break a banana in pieces and put it in a blender.
2. Fill up with milk (preferably semi-skimmed, but skimmed will taste alright too) until the banana is covered.
3. Add the desired amount of non flavored protein powder.
4. Mix and enjoy.
Hey guys I cannot say why everyone has a love for bananas but you can get just as much if not more potassium intake from eating other fruits.

I can back this one up, I've been pestering my store's Registered Dietitian about things for a couple months now.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I use Body Fortress, flavored chocolate(its some form of whey with a bunch of things such as criotine(I amaze myself with my terrible spelling), complex carbs, and amino acids). And since its whey, it tastes like a steaming pile of fecal matter. I found that by mixing a double serving of the whey and a full cup of milk it changes the taste and makes it mildly yummy, while still keeping the calories in check.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Hey guys I cannot say why everyone has a love for bananas but you can get just as much if not more potassium intake from eating other fruits.

I can back this one up, I've been pestering my store's Registered Dietitian about things for a couple months now.
It's not really for the potassium I prefer bananas (although it's a nice bonus), but because of the taste and consistency combined with milk. I use other fruits occasionally for variation, but since they contain more water, the shake will be less creamy. More importantly though I prefer the taste of real fruits over artificial flavoring.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
1 scoop Body Fortress Strawberry Whey Protein powder
12 is oz V8 Peach Mango Fruit fusion what ever juice
quarter cup frozen pineapple, raspberry, and some blueberry bits

optional scoop of creatine

toss in bender, hit liquify

gives it a nice smoothie texture, and a pretty damn good taste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.