Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heavyweight

1. Fedor Emelianenko (31-1, 1 NC)
2. Brock Lesnar (4-1)
3. Cain Velasquez (8-0)
4. Shane Carwin (12-0)
5. Frank Mir (13-5)
6. Junior dos Santos (11-1)
7. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC)
8. Brett Rogers (10-1)
9. Andrei Arlovski (15-7)
10. Fabricio Werdum (13-4-1)

Light Heavyweight

1. Lyoto Machida (16-0)
2. Mauricio Rua (18-4)
3. Quinton Jackson (30-7)
4. Rashad Evans (14-1-1)
5. Forrest Griffin (17-6)
6. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (18-3)
7. Muhammed Lawal (7-0)
8. Gegard Mousasi (28-3-1)
9. Thiago Silva (14-2)
10. Luis Arthur Cane (10-2, 1 NC)

Middleweight

1. Anderson Silva (26-4)
2. Chael Sonnen (24-10-1)
3. Jake Shields (25-4-1)
4. Nate Marquardt (29-9-2)
5. Dan Henderson (25-8)
6. Demian Maia (12-2)
7. Vitor Belfort (19-8)
8. Yushin Okami (24-5)
9. Jorge Santiago (22-8)
10. Mamed Khalidov (20-4-1)

Welterweight

1. Georges St. Pierre (20-2)
2. Jon Fitch (22-3, 1 NC)
3. Thiago Alves (16-6)
4. Dan Hardy (23-7, 1 NC)
5. Paulo Thiago (13-1)
6. Josh Koscheck (14-4)
7. Paul Daley (23-8-2)
8. Mike Swick (14-4)
9. Nick Diaz (21-7, 1 ND)
10. Martin Kampmann (16-3)

Lightweight

1. Frankie Edgar (12-1)
2. B.J. Penn (15-6-1)
3. Gilbert Melendez (18-2)
4. Shinya Aoki (23-5, 1 NC)
5. Eddie Alvarez (19-2)
6. Kenny Florian (13-4)
7. Tatsuya Kawajiri (26-5-2)
8. Gray Maynard (9-0, 1 NC)
9. Sean Sherk (33-4-1)
10. Benson Henderson (12-1)

Featherweight

1. Jose Aldo (17-1)
2. Manny Gamburyan (11-4)
3. Mike Thomas Brown (23-6)
4. Urijah Faber (23-4)
5. Bibiano Fernandes (8-2)
6. Raphael Assuncao (14-2)
7. Michihiro Omigawa (10-8-1)
8. Hatsu Hioki (20-4-2)
9. Masanori Kanehara (16-7-5)
10. Marlon Sandro (16-1)

Bantamweight

1. Dominick Cruz (15-1)
2. Brian Bowles (8-1)
3. Joseph Benavidez (12-1)
4. Miguel Torres (37-3)
5. Scott Jorgensen (10-3)
6. Takeya Mizugaki (13-4-2)
7. Damacio Page (15-4)
8. Rani Yahya (15-6)
9. Shuichiro Katsumura (11-7-3)
10. Masakatsu Ueda (10-1-2)
the LW divsion is F'd up, how anyone can rank Aoki, Melendez and Alvarez above Florian and even Maynard is just a joke IMO, especially Alvarez.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
almost every fighter on my FFL team is top 5 or a couple spots away.

rankings look OK. of course could nitpick this and that but rankings really dont mean much.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Mousasi should of dropped below T.Silva for his loss. Silva has only lost to champions, current 1st and 4th (tho i think Evans should be >rampage right now.)

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Nah, the UFC consider him 19-1-1 but 2 of those were Amateur fights for The Dangerzone MMA promotion and then also count his 3 wins in the TUF2 house too. Those wins in the TUF house are considered exhibition bouts by the Athletic commission, and therefore shouldn't count towards his MMA record.

As for the rankings. I have to agree with the calls of Florian being rated ahead of Aoki, Alvarez and Melendez. Aoki just lost to Melendez, how could be possibly be rated ahead of Florian, who's 8-1 in his last 9, with his only loss coming to Penn? Ridiculous.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
how the hell does the UFC consider those tough house fights wins but losses arent put on others records?? lol

some bogus stuff right there

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sherdog needs a little help in the heavyweight division, the light weights are a little silly, but other then that sherdog seems to be telling me what i already know.

·
Invictus Maneo
983 Posts
Rashad is 14-1-1 according to MixedMartialArts.com which holds the OFFICIAL records of fighters for all Athletic comissions. They list his fights on TUF in his records as wins, but only show him being 14-1-1 even thought they where 3 round fights.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
the LW divsion is F'd up, how anyone can rank Aoki, Melendez and Alvarez above Florian and even Maynard is just a joke IMO, especially Alvarez.
Gilbert has wins over Aoki, Kawajiri, and Thomson so he deserves to be ahead of Kenny and Gray. Alvarez has better wins than Gray as well so he should be below Kenny and above Gray. Gray hasn't really beaten anyone outside of a young Frankie who wasn't half the fighter he is now. Aoki's placing is nonsense.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I really dislike rankings.

1st off, yeah Cain is amazing and all that, BUT JDS and Carwin have both been a lot more impressive imo.

1.Fedor
2.Carwin
3.Lesnar
4.JDS
5.Cain

I think that is a little more accurate. My opinion.

LHW, MW, WW is w/e, i wouldnt have it like that but its not to bad what they did.

LW though imo is a joke. Frankie #1 LW, fine i can see that even though BJ statisticly won the fight, and basically in every pro fighters eyes won the fight. Gilbert Melendez #3!!? wtf, he beat an overrated Aoki, and... Josh Tompson. Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Gray Maynard, Tyson Griffen, imo are all ahead of him.

1.Frankie Edgar
2.BJ Penn
3.Kenny Florian
4.Gray Maynard
5.Tyson Griffen.

Tyson isnt even in the top10... Hes lost twice, to former LW champ Sean Sherk, in a very close fight, and to Current LW champ Frankie Edgar in a very close fight.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gilbert has wins over Aoki, Kawajiri, and Thomson so he deserves to be ahead of Kenny and Gray. Alvarez has better wins than Gray as well so he should be below Kenny and above Gray. Gray hasn't really beaten anyone outside of a young Frankie who wasn't half the fighter he is now. Aoki's placing is nonsense.
ya having a laugh mate arent ya? I can sought of see a slight argument for Melendez, But Kawajiri and Thomson dont have any great wins to there name IMO, JZ is extremely overrated and Thomsons best win is against Melendez so its hard to judge how good they really are. Melendez is top 5 but certainly not ahead of Florian.

Aoki's loss to Gilbert just proved how overrated the Japanese based fighters are IMO and Aoki was by far their best they had to offer and for that reason he cant be above Florian or Maynard.

and saying Alvarez has better wins than Maynard is laughable. So wins over Kawajiri, Hansen and Kikuno are better than Edgar, Diaz, Miller and Huerta? those 4 four fighters would tool any fighter Alvarez beat, in fact id give Siver and Clementi a good chance at beating those fighters. And Saying Edgar was young in his defeat is stupid, it was only Grays 6th fight, so Gray was the inexperienced fighter in that match up.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
How the hell is Arlovski top 10?

He is the most overrated HW in MMA history. And I like him but damn......

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dan Hardy shouldn't be 4th. He hasn't beat any top competition at all and he just got raped by st pierre.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
It's Sherdog......

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
carwin too low, hardy too high, rua too high, jackson has not fpught for more than a year so no go there, rashad too low....wait its sherdog, thanks life for reminding me......these rankings fail.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts