Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 20.5%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that GSP is tied up with TUF 12 who should Jake fight in the interim? Vote above

Personally Mike Swick seems perfect in my opinion.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Mike Swick gonna knock him out!!!!!

I hope >_<!! :confused05:

Btw... i didnt even know Jake Shields signing is official. Thats cool.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Quick Swick. Although I think Shields will beat him!

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I say Dan Hardy. That way we can see who tools on him harder, GSP or Shields.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I guess ill go Dan Hardy... Dan is going to get his butt kicked if its true!

Reactions: xRoxaz

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Winner of Koscheck-Daley makes sense to me; with the winner of Fitch/Alves facing GSP.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I know; but I'm not a fan of that idea at all, as I stated in the thread on the subject. Neither Koscheck or Daley are close to deserving a title shot.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I know; but I'm not a fan of that idea at all, as I stated in the thread on the subject. Neither Koscheck or Daley are close to deserving a title shot.
And Thiago Alves is? Guy hasn't had one match since losing to GSP. That makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
But a win against Jon Fitch is far more impressive on it's own than 3 wins against Paul Daley, Anthony Johnson and Frank Trigg or Josh Koscheck, Dustin Hazelett and Martin Kampmann AFAIC. Alves will even more focused and determined to succeed after his health scare, and a win over Fitch would be massive. I just don't see how Koscheck in particular would have earnt his shot. I think Alves/Fitch is the perfect fight for GSP next, until Shields signs for the UFC anyway.

Reactions: Icculus

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Also, why would it be the Thiago/Kampmann loser? Surely Shields is worthy of fighting the winner of that fight?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
But a win against Jon Fitch is far more impressive on it's own than 3 wins against Paul Daley, Anthony Johnson and Frank Trigg or Josh Koscheck, Dustin Hazelett and Martin Kampmann AFAIC. Alves will even more focused and determined to succeed after his health scare, and a win over Fitch would be massive. I just don't see how Koscheck in particular would have earnt his shot. I think Alves/Fitch is the perfect fight for GSP next, until Shields signs for the UFC anyway.
Don't get me wrong. I don't see how they earned it either. I personally thought Jake Shields should have the first shot but he's still with strikeforce for like 2 months or something like that. To have a rematch with the champ, you need to really show how much you've improved since the last fight. One match wouldn't be able to do that for Alves, not even a win over Fitch.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I don't think you are giving Daley as much credit as you should.
If he wins at 113 that gives him wins over Kampmann, Hazelett and Koscheck in his last 3. Fitch, if he wins, has wins over Pierce, Saunders and Alves.

Now imo Kampmann is a more impressive win than Pierce and Hazelett is a more impressive win than Saunders. Alves is probably a more impressive win than Koscheck but a win of Kos is still a great win.

I know Daley's style means he will probably get tooled by GSP but you can't deny fighters title shots cos their style doesn't match up to the champs very well!

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I would say Dan Hardy. If Shields finishes Hardy, then the whole hype will be, Can shields win against GSP who couldnt stop Hardy? .... I can see it now..

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Fitch would be on a 5 fight win streak, with wins over Ben Saunders, Thiago Alves, Paul Thiago, Mike Pierce and Akihiro Gono. That's more impressive a streak than Daley and Koscheck's.

Don't get me wrong, I like Semtex a lot. I love watching him fight and he is probably the best striker at WW. However, his style does not match-up well with Georges St-Pierre well at all. GSP's just beaten a 1 dimensional striker, I'm not interested in seeing him fighting another. Koscheck's already been schooled by GSP, and doesn't have a great recent record, so I have no interest in that fight.

I like Thiago Alves' style. Excellent striking, serious power and excellent TDD. If he works even harder on his wrestling, and manages to beat Fitch, then I'd be interested to see him get a 2nd go at GSP. However, if Fitch wins, he'll be on a serious streak and definitely deserve a shot. They're both superior fighters, and have both been running through the division. I'm just not particularly interested in seeing Daley or Koscheck fight GSP. Koscheck has a better chance than Daley against GSP, but GSP has better striking, and better wrestling, so I don't see how Kos wins.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I said the loser of the Thiago/Kampmann fight but I really meant the winner of that fight. That one should be a damn good one btw.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
More than Fitch or Alves for sure though.

Personally I would like to see him fight Fitch so we could see if he could take the #2 WW spot from him. I used to think Shields would be only like #5 WW at ufc, but after tooling Hendo I got him ranked top 3 pretty easily, just not sure if he ranks higher than Fitch yet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.