Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have gathered so far from what the general consensus about shin conditioning is as such:

Do not strike an immobile object.
And continuously strike the shin against a heavy bag or Thai-bag.

Now as to where I am curious is, I have seen mention of Tuberculi *if the spelling is off sorry.

If this compound that is produced naturally by the body what actually accelerates the create of this?

If you take in extra calcium would this speed up the process of creating a layer of bone over the shin however microscopic it may be?

Are there any other methods?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

I'm not sure about tuberculi, I looked it up and I just find results on tuberculosis.

Anyway, another method that I've used to condition my shins is to take a broom handle or round wooden stick (escrima stick will do) and roll it over your shins repeatedly while sitting on the floor. You can gradually increase the pressure with your hands and arms as your shins become more hardened. You can also roll both your forearms and shins at the same time to condition both. Hope this helps.

~T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.