Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I believe my challenge against Anderson would be the biggest of my career and my life, but these challenges motivate me a lot. I respect him because today he and Fedor are the best P4P in the world.

It will be a very hard fight, but as I said before, the only guy I have affection in UFC is Wanderlei (Silva). I am professional and I work for the UFC, so for me it is a duty to repay what they ask me. I would fight with anyone, including Anderson that is of the tops P4P in the world."

Source = nodq.com

I agree with him, Silva would be a huge test and imo is the biggest test to him at the moment. I personally think Silva takes it but it would be a great fight

·
Registered
268 Posts
This matchup makes the most sense at Lheavyweight. There is no one out there that deserves a shot anyways.

It won't happen though because the UFC doesn't have the balls to put this together.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Unless Lyoto drops out of LHW or the UFC, Silva wont fight for the title. He has said as much on several occasions. He was calling it "Lyotos belt" long before Machida won it.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless Lyoto drops out of LHW or the UFC, Silva wont fight for the title. He has said as much on several occasions. He was calling it "Lyotos belt" long before Machida won it.
Yeah i read this as well but do you think he feels differently now that its no longer Lyoto's belt and the guy that beat him ko'd him for the title. I would much rather see this match up than any fight available to silva at 185.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I think the entire non-I HATE ANDERSON SILVA fanbase doesn't want Anderson still at MW fighting garbage like Sonnen.

His upcoming fight should have been, as hinted before, and hyped during the Maia fight with GSP at 170lbs before "he doesn't deserve GSP" doesn't deserve to destroy my sportsman face of the organization.

Rua is also there, better than Sonnen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shogun vs Silva will be so much more exciting fight than GSP vs Silva.
agreed...gsp is just too small for silva..i mean, a. silva is naturally HW lol and i don't think gsp has to cut weight anywhere near as much as silva does so yeah...shogun vs silva would be great...but i don't know, i think anderson is way better than machida so i think shogun would have full hands on that one..

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
shogun is the man,i wish that fight happen...war shogun:thumbsup:

·
Registered
961 Posts
I honestly see this for Shogun. I think that he's more powerful and as smart as Anderson. Excluding his slip as he entered the UFC, due to injuries, he has been more successful in his MMA career and fought much better competition than Anderson. Anderson is obviously great, but the UFC has really pumped him up w/out being able to afford many challenges for him. I think that Dana will force Anderson to fight Shogun if he convincingly beats Sonnen and Belfort.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I wanna see how Silva does against an extraordinary striker before I comment on this. Right now the only thing I know for sure is that Shogun has better sweeps.
Vitor will give us an idea, but Shogun all around is a better striker than Vitor. Vitor has better hands, but Shogun has great hands and is much better in the clinch. Then there are Shogun's kicks, which are vicious.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Silva does everything Shogun does, but better. Only thing Shogun has is agression, which actually just plays into Silva's hands.
Shogun has age on his side, if Shogun can take care of Rashad this fight MUST happen, even if Silva is getting old as shit.

Shogun Rua = 28
Anderson Silva = 35

By the time it would happen Anderson Silva would be 36.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I think Shogun has the edge in jiujitsu and muy thai technique. I don't know but I think so.
Pure Muai Thai striking - ya.

BJJ - naah - Silva's called the spider for a reason - his freakish long flexible limbs have got him some amazing subs - he's pulled of amazing submissions of his back too many times.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Pure Muai Thai striking - ya.

BJJ - naah - Silva's called the spider for a reason - his freakish long flexible limbs have got him some amazing subs - he's pulled of amazing submissions of his back too many times.
Anderson has 4 submission wins and 2 of these submissions were due to strikes. He's not exactly what I'd call dangerous off his back.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Anderson has 4 submission wins and 2 of these submissions were due to strikes. He's not exactly what I'd call dangerous off his back.
He's won by strikes off his back, you can count that too. But fight to fight, rare moments when he is on his back he's sick.

And a few of his TKO by strikes were off off his back. As was his DQ 'loss' to Okami.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts