1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Couture, seriously? Honestly id be very pissed if Couture gets the next title shot, not that i dislike him or anything, am actually a big fan, but he has in no way deserved a title shot yet and beating Toney will just be a step back in the line for him IMO. It has to be Rampage, Rashad, Anderson or Lil Nog IMO

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will most likely be rampage or rashad but for rashad i think it will have to be a decisive victory in order for him to get a shot, but lil nog most likely would have got it if forrest didn't get injured

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
couture dont deserve to fight for the title,if this fight realy happens,i realy dont understand ufc..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
couture dont deserve to fight for the title,if this fight realy happens,i realy dont understand ufc..
Its called favoritism. I like Randy also and Ill bet Randy saw something in Shogun that he thinks he can capatalize on. I really dont want to see Randy clinching against the cage for 5 rounds. There is no way Randy deserves a title fight. Get in line Randy. Randy should fight Bones.

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's simple $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Interesting. I've heard that Forrest Griffin's being considered for a title shot too, given that he has a career win over Shogun. Forrest might not be the most deserving of a shot, but it'd make some serious money and the UFC could give it some serious hype. It would also give Shogun the chance to avenge his only other UFC loss. I think both those fights would be very interesting. I'm certainly more interested to watch Shogun defend the title than Machida, opens up a couple of very interesting match-ups. Fights against the winner of Rashad/Rampage, Forrest, Randy, Anderson, Jones, and a possible rematch with Little Nog if he gets on a run are very exciting.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
GUESS WHAT! Dana is already talking to Shogun about couture, that is why he is bringing it up.

Cant you guys put the pieces together? Couture asked for title shot 2-3 weeks ago, Shogun just says he want to fight couture when there is better competition? Dana is behind the scenes on this folks...since the first minute Shogun won.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I will vomit if this fight happens. How many undeserved title shots can one person get in a lifetime? Unlike Shogun to ask for this fight, surely he knows this would be a laugher for him. Now I'm angry just thinking about this fight. Why not let the winner fight the winner of Chuck-Franklin FFS. Grrr.

·
Registered
320 Posts
At first I thought Rua was asking for Randy which seemed a little strange, but then it was the interviewer who said Randy has been suggested which seems even more strange. Why Randy??? I don't get it.

·
Banned
820 Posts
GUESS WHAT! Dana is already talking to Shogun about couture, that is why he is bringing it up.

Cant you guys put the pieces together? Couture asked for title shot 2-3 weeks ago, Shogun just says he want to fight couture when there is better competition? Dana is behind the scenes on this folks...since the first minute Shogun won.
Its the UFC. Dana is behind the scene on everything.

I think Shogun asking for Couture is more of a respect thing. Randy is a legend in the UFC, maybe Shogun wants to test him-self aganist Randy? Maybe its a dream of his? I would actually like this fight, think of the storyline behind it. The Ultimate Legend Randy "The Natural" Couture going aganist the odds again in fighting the Number 1 LHW, and your LHW Champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. People would be behind Captain America, and would be rooting for another upset.

I am not saying Randy deserves it, but I would deffinatly watch this if it were to happen. I would be on the edge of my seat the whole time.

·
Banned
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Its the UFC. Dana is behind the scene on everything.

I think Shogun asking for Couture is more of a respect thing. Randy is a legend in the UFC, maybe Shogun wants to test him-self aganist Randy? Maybe its a dream of his? I would actually like this fight, think of the storyline behind it. The Ultimate Legend Randy "The Natural" Couture going aganist the odds again in fighting the Number 1 LHW, and your LHW Champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. People would be behind Captain America, and would be rooting for another upset.

I am not saying Randy deserves it, but I would deffinatly watch this if it were to happen. I would be on the edge of my seat the whole time.
it would also be easy to promote because shogun knocked out two other HOF's so if we want to get a bit WWE here than i suppose you could say shogun is the "legend killer"

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
He wants to take out all the HOFers?
That's what I was thinking, Shogun can be the only person to have knockouts on 3 UFC hall of famers.

Actually I think it'll be a more interesting match than most people think, the refs will let Randy clinch him on the fence and sit on him on the ground for pretty much as long as he wants. It would be fun to see how Shogun deals with that, and also how Randy deals with the big speed & striking disadvantage he has against Shogun. The clinch should be fun with Randy's dirty boxing and fence leaning going up against Shogun's Muay Thai knees & elbows.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts

yeah, you saved me the trouble of posting the exact same thing.

It´s disgusting how Couture is so favoured bu the UFC.
How can someone consider acceptable that a guy whose record
is 18-10 has benn Champ for 5 times?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Everytime Couture is written off he comes back and shocks the world. Everyone thought he was done when he lost the HW championship, but he came back and shocked the world beating Chuck at LHW for the Interim Belt, before going on and beating Tito for the title in what was a huge upset against a popular champion on a 6 fight win streak. Then he shocked the world again, avenging his loss to Vitor Belfort in impressive fashion. Then when he lost to Chuck in their 3rd fight everyone said he was done again. Guess what, Randy comes back and wins the HW title in a fantastic performance against Sylvia. Then he's still a huge underdog against Gonzaga but beats him. He then lost his title, but has easily put in the best performance of anyone against Brock Lesnar. Sure he was disappointing against Nog, but he's come back since then with a close victory over Vera and a win over Coleman. People continue to write Randy Couture off, but he continues to win against top level opponents and prove himself to be good enough. A win against Toney would put him on a 3 fight win streak and a definite possibility for a title shot. A Shogun vs Couture fight would also draw pretty massive numbers I imagine, so it's definitely a fight that makes sense financially; much like a Shogun vs Forrest rematch would too.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I would much rather see other fighters have a chance at the belt first, One of the main fighters on the top of my list is Rampage if he beats Rashad. Sure they already fought but Rampage is a much better fighter then Couture is at this point.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Couture does definitely not deserve a shot, even if he does beat Tony.... at the end of the day the only real competition he would have beaten would have been Vera.... and that was a very very questionable win ( I don't even think he won ).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts