Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone was talking about Chuck vs. Wanderlei and it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. My question is: why wouldn't Shogun fight Chuck instead? I mean in all honesty Shogun Rua is better than both Chuck or Wandy. IMO,he is the greatest 205 out there. What do you people think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pt447 said:
shogun would really embarrass chuck... it'd be great to see! especially since chuck would have been massacred by PRIDE guys twice.. if that wouldn't prove chuck is a king amoung clowns, what would?
He wouldn't necessarily "embarass" Chuck but we would definitely light up the American audience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
pt447 said:
shogun would really embarrass chuck... it'd be great to see! especially since chuck would have been massacred by PRIDE guys twice.. if that wouldn't prove chuck is a king amoung clowns, what would?
You are way too much of a Pride nuthugger. Its gettin to be ridiculous.
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
herton17 said:
Everyone was talking about Chuck vs. Wanderlei and it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. My question is: why wouldn't Shogun fight Chuck instead? I mean in all honesty Shogun Rua is better than both Chuck or Wandy. IMO,he is the greatest 205 out there. What do you people think?

i think it would be a good fight with shogun winnin by TKO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Shogun should be the Pride champ and would be in him and Silva werent good friends. As for him fighting Liddell I think Shogun would take him out, hes too good. Chuck Wandy would be a better fight I think that it is a closer match up that could go either way. There are some rumours goin around that shogun might be fighting fedor on New Years now instead of Cro Cop so i am sure he isnt thinking about liddell right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
I think Chuck Liddell can beat any light heavyweight nowadays at the top of his game, hes just an animal. A lot thought Renato would beat him but Chuck performed an onslaught on him. Chuck is capable of KOing any light heavyweight in the world, he did it to Couture whos the best ever at 205 twice, and to Tito who is very good at 205.

I honestly think Chuck would demolish Wanderlei inside an octagon. If it were PRIDE FC rules maybe not. I also think Chuck would manhandle Rua.

And there are rumors saying Rua has faught Wanderlei before and lost. But it may be a false one because it sounds like a joke of a story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Neither Wanderlei nor Randy were as good a fighters as Shogun is at 24 (almost 25) years old. This guy is pure talent all around. Sure Chuck can knock him out in the octagon, like you said Chuck is a beast. I'd definitely put my money on Shogun if it were Pride rules though. In the octagon on the other hand....wait a minute what am I talking about? I'd still put my money on Rua. Enjoy
 

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
Joined
·
5,066 Posts
This is the same exact Shogun that Babalu beat all over the ring in 03. Yeah he has probably learned more since 03 but seriously.

After what Liddell has done to Babalu on two separate occassions. There is no way in the world anyone in the LHW division will embarass him. Shogun might give him a scare but I seriously doubt even that. Liddell is too cautious and too smart to get beat right now. Until I see a weakness in his game (and since Randy beat there hasn't been one) I say he beats anybody. He striking is unmatched right now in his division.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
So, you don't see Wanderlei beating Chuck? Well, obviously you just said you don't see anybody in the light Heavyweight Division beating him but if Wanderlei were to come face him in UFC, you don't think Wanderlei would beat him? I'm just thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ZZtigerZZ81 said:
This is the same exact Shogun that Babalu beat all over the ring in 03. Yeah he has probably learned more since 03 but seriously.

After what Liddell has done to Babalu on two separate occassions. There is no way in the world anyone in the LHW division will embarass him. Shogun might give him a scare but I seriously doubt even that. Liddell is too cautious and too smart to get beat right now. Until I see a weakness in his game (and since Randy beat there hasn't been one) I say he beats anybody. He striking is unmatched right now in his division.
The same Shogun ? Are you kidding? He was 21 years old then...what can you say for Chuck when he was 21 ? Then in 2005, he won the fighter of the year, and hasn't lost in pride other than the unlucku loss to Coleman. So you're saying that the Shogun that destroyed the likes of Rampage, Overeem and Arona and was part of the greatest fight of all time vs Little Nog is the same Shogun that lost to Babalu? How would you feel about this: "Chuck is the same Chuck that lost to Jeremy Horn in 1999." ? Then again Chuck was only 30 when he fought Jeremy Horn....HAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
ZZtigerZZ81 said:
This is the same exact Shogun that Babalu beat all over the ring in 03. Yeah he has probably learned more since 03 but seriously.

After what Liddell has done to Babalu on two separate occassions. There is no way in the world anyone in the LHW division will embarass him. Shogun might give him a scare but I seriously doubt even that. Liddell is too cautious and too smart to get beat right now. Until I see a weakness in his game (and since Randy beat there hasn't been one) I say he beats anybody. He striking is unmatched right now in his division.
This is a dumb quote by someone who knows nothing about Rua. And you say Chuck hasnt shown a weakness since Randy. UMM have you heard of someone named Quinton Jackson who had a stand up battle with liddel and kicked his ass and knocked him out cold and this was after he lost to coutoure. Rampage is also a fighter who got tuned by Shogun. Do some research before you post something stupid.
 

·
Baddest Man Alive
Joined
·
671 Posts
steveo412 said:
This is a dumb quote by someone who knows nothing about Rua. And you say Chuck hasnt shown a weakness since Randy. UMM have you heard of someone named Quinton Jackson who had a stand up battle with liddel and kicked his ass and knocked him out cold and this was after he lost to coutoure. Rampage is also a fighter who got tuned by Shogun. Do some research before you post something stupid.
Don't be a ****head. This is just a forum. No reason to attack people. Until Chuck fights Wandy or Shogun we will never know who would win. So take a Xanax and chill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
3DLee said:
Don't be a ****head. This is just a forum. No reason to attack people. Until Chuck fights Wandy or Shogun we will never know who would win. So take a Xanax and chill.

Whatever man I just hate when people say stuff that is pretty much ridiculous. And I never said anything about him just about what he wrote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't mean for this thread to become offensive, but it's nice to see that there is people out there that appreciate Mauricio Rua as much as I do. I am a big CrocCop fan, having the same background as him, but if it wasn't for the bias, Shogun would definitely top my favourite fighter list. Either way, he can only become better being as young as he is, as well as training with the ChuteBox academy. It think we can all agree with that...
 

·
The Samurai Files
Joined
·
559 Posts
Shogun is definitely a different fighter than when he fought Babalu. That was only his 5th MMA match and it was before he ever came to PRIDE. He's evolved as a fighter since then and has matured greatly.

No LHW(PRIDE MW) has gone through and beaten the competition that Shogun has in a few months time. Rampage, Minotoro, Overeem, and Arona! That's quite some work.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top