Votes: 39 86.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 13.3%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know he trained wit chute boxe for a little while. i think it was their california branch. maybe Rudimar Fedrigo would be interested in training him to fight anderson since they had a falling out. obviously franklin put a beating on evan, and we know what anderson did to rich. so as of right now i guess you multiply richs beating by two if tanner were to step in the ring today. but since anderson is tied up for atleast 8 to 9 months why not go down to curitiba and just train until he has the opprotunity to come back. i know its far fetched. but anyone who has any fighting ability can learn if they are taught properly. just a thought..

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I think its easily possible. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but thats all up to him.
Has he said anything about it?

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
TLB said:
Hell yeah, he is one of my favorite fighters. Why would any one not want him to come back? On his blog he said he still has a bunch of fights left on his UFC contract.

There is? Well why the hell isn't dana using him

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AtomDanger said:
I think its easily possible. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but thats all up to him.
Has he said anything about it?
i can't find anything. ichecked his myspace he was just talking crazy shit. and he had the lyrics to "crazy" by gnarls barkley. so i dont know. i'd like to see him come back the guy is a warrior. and like i said he has alot of time to train. he could go to chute boxe for like 6 months and train everyday, come back maybe get revenge against "the crow" ..and imo he is ready for a title shot anytime. i dont think you can question that. btw he beat paul buentello and heath herring back in 97.. thats pretty crazy. looks like he lost to herring later that year. what a bad ass.

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
He was good, I like him, but he's old news and does not have the star power to get people hyped up for a come back. I think people have accepted that he fell off and have no desire for him to return. Dana should just buy out the rest of his contract

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
putmeonhold said:
He was good, I like him, but he's old news and does not have the star power to get people hyped up for a come back. I think people have accepted that he fell off and have no desire for him to return. Dana should just buy out the rest of his contract
i think if he spent some serious time with chute boxe they could make him a beast. not to mention if anderson did have a weakness who would know it better?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
putmeonhold said:
he is still a good match up for these up in coming guys. i think he can beat ed herman, he could probably beat kendell, he could take kalib starnes, he can beat dean lister standing and we know tanner is good on the ground if it went there, louissou is a shell of his former self right now so he might be able to win that one, i think he's a smarter fighter than leben (and dont forget he made it through baroni's onslaught twice) i think swick would be the one to give him some trouble. and hell all he needs to do is learn the thai clinch and franklin is in the bag..(that was a low blow..sorry) but what i'm saying is he is a vet he has the potential, and he always comes to fight.

·
Registered
413 Posts
putmeonhold said:
There are plenty of long time MMA fans that would like to see Evan Tanner make a come back, including myself. Dana White needs to get him back in the octagon soon!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
TLB said:
There are plenty of long time MMA fans that would like to see Evan Tanner make a come back, including myself. Dana White needs to get him back in the octagon soon!

Yeah, ESP if he still has a contract

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'd love to fight evan, i hope he is there when i get there. he is just one of those guys that you know is going to give you everything he has, and you better be ready to do the same. and at the end of the fight you can shake hands and go get a beer and rage out together. thats how i am and i have respect for fighters that carry themselves that way.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
j.farrell said:
i'd love to fight evan, i hope he is there when i get there. he is just one of those guys that you know is going to give you everything he has, and you better be ready to do the same. and at the end of the fight you can shake hands and go get a beer and rage out together. thats how i am and i have respect for fighters that carry themselves that way.

Definatly, if i were in MW I would love to fight him also..
I don't know about the beer and rage thing though lol

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Didnt even know he was gone, lots of guys want a chance to fight in the UFC so having the same people fight over and over gets boring.. he fought Levans in April or may this year and im sure he is still training like a mad man so he will be back soon, just relax

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Evil said:
Didnt even know he was gone, lots of guys want a chance to fight in the UFC so having the same people fight over and over gets boring.. he fought Levans in April or may this year and im sure he is still training like a mad man so he will be back soon, just relax
yeah but we are used to seeing him like every other ppv. and from what i heard he isnt training like a mad man. i talked to a guy that works out at the same gym that said he looked really out of shape.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Evan Tanner is the ****ing man.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I've always enjoyed seeing Tanner perform, and I believe his last victory was by triangle against Justin Levens. I don't think he's been back since then, but I'd love to see him back on the comeback trail to the middleweight title.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Storm442 said:
Link to the blog that says that?

His myspace profile and blogs on there make no mention of it the contract or him returning that I could find:
www.myspace.com/evan_tanner
It’s been at least three weeks since I read it but I will try to get a link, it won’t be today though, I can’t get on myspace from work. If not you will just have to take my word on it, I am not going to make something like that up.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TLB said:
It’s been at least three weeks since I read it but I will try to get a link, it won’t be today though, I can’t get on myspace from work. If not you will just have to take my word on it, I am not going to make something like that up.
i didnt see it either

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.