Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay im not a fedor nuthugger (ok maybe a little :p). i do agree he hasnt been fighting the best, however all this talk abt overeem calling him out..made me check some numbers.. Apparently overeem hasnt really fought the best either in his last couple of fights. For eg:

Alistairs last 5 fights:

Brett Rogers 10-1 (W) 1 loss streak
Kaz Fujita 15-9 (W) 2 loss streak - 4 losses of 6
James Thompson 15-12 (W) 2-7-1 over previous 10
Tony Sylvester 11-3 (W) 1-2 over last 3
Gary Goodridge 23-22 (W) 2-8 over last 10 with 7 straight losses

Fedor's last 5 fights:

Brett Rogers 10-0 (W) 10-0 over last ten fights. Top 10 HW
Andre Arlovski 15-8 (W) 5 fight win streak 11 of previous 13. Top 10 HW
Tim Sylvia 24-4 (W) 7-3 over previous 10 fights Top 10 HW
Hong Man-Choi 1-0 (W) exhibition, Choi no losses (only 1 fight)
Matt Lindland 20-4 (W) 9-1 over previous 10 fights

Alistair Overeem Opponent stats last 5:

Undefeated opponents: 0
Top 10 opponents: 0
Total combined record of past 5 opponents: 74-47
combined opponent record over thier prev opponents: 26-26

Fedor Emelianenko stats last 5:

Undefeated Opponents: 2
Top 10 opponents: 3
Total combined record of past 5 opponents: 80-16
combined record over thier prev opponents 10: 36-6

Granted Hong man choi undefeated thing is a bit bullshit. But the stats do speak for themselves.. I agree with fedor fighting the best. And he is longer the p4p (only just to gsp) but overeem calling him out.. Really.. Anyway wot do u guys think

P.S. my numbers maybe wrong. feel free to correct me :):thumb02:

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
So you're basically saying, that Overeem doesn't deserve to fight Fedor yet??

Does Werdum deserve it?

Did Rogers deserve it?

Both guys Fedor and Overeem can't fight the best, cause they aren't fighting in the best organization. But since they are both in one smaller organization, they should fight each other to find out who is the best in that organization at least and Overeem has the right to fight Fedor now. He is the champ and Fedor's goal should be to get that belt from him.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I doubt Fedor will let anyone, including Overeem, get in his head, so I don't think he will respond nor does he ought to.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If Overeem hasn't been fighting the best Fedor should not be scared to sign on the dotted line. Regardless of all the cans he beat in Dream he beat Rogers FARRRR more impressivly then Fedor did.

The thing I don't like about the ranking arguement is that as soon as they are announced to fight Fedor they jump up the rankings like crazy.

He's fighting Sylvia? Ahh damm man Tim is #3 HW.

He's fighting Arvloski? Shit man he is the #2 HW.

He's fighting Barnett? Ohh damm we all know that he is the # 3 HW and has been because he was from Pride.

He's fighting Rogers? Ya he is a solid #8 HW.

He's fighting Werdum? IDK

Where are all these "top 10" fighters now? Getting KO'd by Former boxing Champions, losing boring 3 round fights, kicking far less talented fighters in the balls and getting absoutlety dominated by someone who is not a "top 10 fighter".

As soon as Fedor exposes them they drop like a sack of potatoes. He didn't even have to fight Barnett to do it to him. Rankings are garbage imo Sherdog's at least anyways.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How about Fedor and Werdum fight first, and then we'll see if Fedor (yes he will get past Werdum easy) starts ducking AO. It would be only natural for those two to meet in the cage and I don't see any reasons why they wouldn't.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If Overeem hasn't been fighting the best Fedor should not be scared to sign on the dotted line. Regardless of all the cans he beat in Dream he beat Rogers FARRRR more impressivly then Fedor did.
QUOTE]

Overeem did beat Rogers more easily but you could tell Rogers was scared to trade with him, and I think it was because Fedor knocked him out last time. Rogers was undefeated in his last 10 fights, he had lots of confidence going into the fedor fight and wasn't afraid of fedor at all but fedor knocked him out. Rogers will never be the same, I never thought rogers was that good anyways, but whatever.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
AO is the champ.

Fedor is the top comp in that org and arguably the greatest mma fighter of all times , p4p ,etc etc..

Ao calling him out is a bold move and shows confidence in his new found skills and size. Its a true test for AO career changing win if its pulled off..

So in all Ao calling out Fedor was a great move.

Its also puts away any roid rumors by him testing for the fight and passing.. Innocent till PROVEN guilty.

Even tho its not mma you can not discredit his recent stint in K-1 (greatest strikers in the world)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I don't think he has anything to worry about in Overeem lol

I was not impressed by him. Fedor is a better striker, and better on the ground...Overeem is simply the bigger meathead, being a meathead loses you fights. This fight will happen, and Fedor will once again shut people up by kicking overeem's roid using ass.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All valid points. I agree that fedor, after defeating werdum, should fight overeem for the belt. Whether this happens is another story.

Btw, wots happening with the M1 contract. Isnt the werdum fight the last fight in his 6fight contract. I dont know.. Oh well.. this debate will be endless..

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
What do you mean with response? He wount call him names or something. The most disrespect from Fedor you can expect is a lil sarcastic statement. ;) (hint roids)

He will be probably be respectful and say it will be a good fight etc..

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Regardless of all the cans he beat in Dream he beat Rogers FARRRR more impressivly then Fedor did.
Meaning? Randleman beat PRIME Cro Cop in 2004 way more impressively than DOS Santos beat washed-up, do you assume that Kevin, whose record in 2003-04 was 1-5-0, is better than JDS just based on one single fight or was it more of a luck/exception? Now, Rogers had beat Arlovski more impressively than Fedor, did you expect Rogers to destroy Fedor as well just based on his fight with Andrei?
A quick victory over Rogers doesn't mean much. It just shows that Overeem is better than him, and not many people were surprised by that, they were more concerned about a test on steroid use. If Fedor brings his A-game, he will surely win:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Okay im not a fedor nuthugger (ok maybe a little :p). i do agree he hasnt been fighting the best, however all this talk abt overeem calling him out..made me check some numbers.. Apparently overeem hasnt really fought the best either in his last couple of fights. For eg:

Alistairs last 5 fights:

Brett Rogers 10-1 (W) 1 loss streak
Kaz Fujita 15-9 (W) 2 loss streak - 4 losses of 6
James Thompson 15-12 (W) 2-7-1 over previous 10
Tony Sylvester 11-3 (W) 1-2 over last 3
Gary Goodridge 23-22 (W) 2-8 over last 10 with 7 straight losses

Fedor's last 5 fights:

Brett Rogers 10-0 (W) 10-0 over last ten fights. Top 10 HW
Andre Arlovski 15-8 (W) 5 fight win streak 11 of previous 13. Top 10 HW
Tim Sylvia 24-4 (W) 7-3 over previous 10 fights Top 10 HW
Hong Man-Choi 1-0 (W) exhibition, Choi no losses (only 1 fight)
Matt Lindland 20-4 (W) 9-1 over previous 10 fights

Alistair Overeem Opponent stats last 5:

Undefeated opponents: 0
Top 10 opponents: 0
Total combined record of past 5 opponents: 74-47
combined opponent record over thier prev opponents: 26-26

Fedor Emelianenko stats last 5:

Undefeated Opponents: 2
Top 10 opponents: 3
Total combined record of past 5 opponents: 80-16
combined record over thier prev opponents 10: 36-6

Granted Hong man choi undefeated thing is a bit bullshit. But the stats do speak for themselves.. I agree with fedor fighting the best. And he is longer the p4p (only just to gsp) but overeem calling him out.. Really.. Anyway wot do u guys think

P.S. my numbers maybe wrong. feel free to correct me :):thumb02:
Alistair is much more of an opponent to his peers at Heavyweight than he ever would have been at LHW, in my opinion, there aren't many fighters with his technically crisp striking ability at this weight IMO, except Velasquez.
I feel he could be a big threa to FEDOR, more than most mainstream fans would guess, I think if FEDOR wants to keep his name in the History books by going in and destroying Alistair.

·
Registered
315 Posts
"I think if FEDOR wants to keep his name in the History books by going in and destroying Alistair."

Yeah, me too. I think Fedor will want to eventually destroy a bigger, stronger Overeem. I do think that Fedor will be the smaller, weaker of the two when they meet. I think Rogers was able to get out of fight-enders (moves that end fights) b/c of his strength but I also think that Fedor endures.

Fedor endures...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.