Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets just say for the sake of it that Hughes loses to Pierre at bad intentions. Do you think or feel that Hughes should drop to the bottom of the ladder from the lost just like pierre did when he lost to Hughes the first time? Now i know Hughes has did allot in his career as champ and big victories, gracie etc.

But in my opinion i feel that if he does lose, and thats a HUGE...if. That Hughes should not a rematch right away but instead he has to work his way up the ladder like some of the other UFC guys.

Remember this is all hypethically speaking if Pierre did win, Whats your opinion on this? Because i know there is allot of you out there that would like to see Hughes Vs Pierre 3 take place pretty much the next time around. Just like what happen with Randy and Chuck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ther has to be a rematch clause. btw, i think that Randy fought vanarsdale b4 the 3rd meeting,

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
mike08 said:
Lets just say for the sake of it that Hughes loses to Pierre at bad intentions. Do you think or feel that Hughes should drop to the bottom of the ladder from the lost just like pierre did when he lost to Hughes the first time? Now i know Hughes has did allot in his career as champ and big victories, gracie etc.

But in my opinion i feel that if he does lose, and thats a HUGE...if. That Hughes should not a rematch right away but instead he has to work his way up the ladder like some of the other UFC guys.

Remember this is all hypethically speaking if Pierre did win, Whats your opinion on this? Because i know there is allot of you out there that would like to see Hughes Vs Pierre 3 take place pretty much the next time around. Just like what happen with Randy and Chuck.
It would be nice to see Hughes have to take on some other contenders before he got another title shot. We all know that he has been a great champion, but lets see if he can rise to the top again.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya Hughes would defenitly get a rematch, but he'd probably have to fight someone like Nick Diaz or someone like that.

·
Registered
464 Posts
jdun11 said:
yea i think maybe a fight with diego or Kos b4 he gets another title shot...KOS WILL TAKE HIM OUT!!!

Yea, he only needs to win 1 fight to get a rematch. They really made GSP take the long route before getting back to the finals, but the experience was probably good for him, and they had a decent reason.

GSP fought Hughes for the interim belt and its arguable that he had the shot before he really deserved it. So now he has to go back to the drawing board and climb back up. Plus they brought in Mayhem Miller who was a top ranked Welterweight, but they couldn't just give him a title shot; so GSP got the fight. Sherk is no chump and he needs someone to fight so GSP got that. Then there was the return of BJ penn and there was no question that he deserved a shot at matt hughes. Unfortunately so did GSP and with the possibility of Hugheslosing his title to either and the prospect of millions of dollars from a Gracie fight; it made sense to force GSP to face Penn for number 1 contendership. Finally with GSP straining his groin and Penn being smited by Hughes God in the form of a broken ribs; GSP will finally get his rematch against Hughes for the Title. Sure he got shafted; but it will make this fight all the sweeter. I don't think someone could have written a better script for GSP's return to the top.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Tap-outNow said:
Ther has to be a rematch clause. btw, i think that Randy fought vanarsdale b4 the 3rd meeting,

Oh I am sure there would be a rematch, but I think whoever wins in TUF is in line first. So I don't know how that would workout.

·
Registered
464 Posts
AtomDanger said:
Oh I am sure there would be a rematch, but I think whoever wins in TUF is in line first. So I don't know how that would workout.

No biggie; they'll just take their shot and lose and it'll be back to business

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
If Hughes loses, then they'll go with Hughes vs GSP 3. Man, if GSP wins, it opens up a whole lot of fun fights. If Hughes wins, then it just sort of....kills the division. Who does Hughes fight? Diego? Then what?

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Damone said:
If Hughes loses, then they'll go with Hughes vs GSP 3. Man, if GSP wins, it opens up a whole lot of fun fights. If Hughes wins, then it just sort of....kills the division. Who does Hughes fight? Diego? Then what?

Bj Penn rubbermatch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.