Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of taking a trip to either mejiro or tiger muay thai in july to train but the thing is that tiger is more of like a camp that i stay in the gym then we run in the morning and 2 training sessions..etc and I'll be alone so I think I'll make friends faster but training in holland is better for my kickboxing but i'm not sure about everything else. can someone help me

·
Registered
12 Posts

It definitely depends on you, but in my opinion, the Thailand it's best choice for you.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I cannot tell you much about kickboxing, but my instructor would tell you he would love to head to the Netherlands for some instruction.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I think it depends on what you're looking for.

If you want the atmosphere, the traditional lifestyle, and solid technique. I would say Tiger.

If you want an equally solid, but more developed, technical program I would say Holland.

Both are strong options, but I think both have limitations. It just comes down to what you want out of your training.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
For seeing the world, women and weed that's a tough choice.

For training. I'd bet you don't have to leave your state to find some 1st class kickbox training. Once you have learned all there is to learn at home then you will know where to go grasshopper.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I think it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want to develop pure Muay Thai skills then you ought to go to Thailand. The only problem I have with Thailand style of Muay Thai is they don't seem to have as strong a guard as the Dutch style. The Dutch do seem better with their hands too, but I would say that the Thai's seem harder and more conditioned. This is going by what my kru has said and other Muay Thai practitioners.

·
12,900 Posts
holland.

no question for me.
Aw man...my eyes lit up as I thought this was a recent reply from good ol Xeb til I saw the date. :(

I'm going to holland and i'd like to take some kickboxing classes do u know where?
I wasn't going to reply because I'm not qualified too since I've never gone. Off the top Mike's gym, Vos gym, and Golden Glory are the only ones I heard of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aw man...my eyes lit up as I thought this was a recent reply from good ol Xeb til I saw the date. :(

I wasn't going to reply because I'm not qualified too since I've never gone. Off the top Mike's gym, Vos gym, and Golden Glory are the only ones I heard of.
thanks anyway...im gonna look for those places.. sorry i dont know how to post

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you want to become a good fighter, specially when you are over 180 lbs in weight, go to Holland. You can rumble there. Be ready to take some pain. They love to teach you a lesson or two before they help to improve your skills.

In Thailand Muay Thai is mostly a tourist attraction. Overprized. The gyms and equipment are worn out. Most people training are beginners. They laugh at you when you want to wear pads, headgear, etc. Sure, there are some better gyms and teacher, but you would need an introduction to be taken care of with respect to your ambitions. Just my 2 Cents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts