Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

What should we do with main card discussion threads?

• Make a seperate "main event" thread for the main fight

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Add the "main event" fight to the normal "main card" thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you want a separate thread for the main event (last fight on the card), and some of you like it the way it is (all main card fights in a single thread). We don't mind putting up a separate thread for the main event if that's what most of you guys want.

Vote and let us know what you guys prefer and we will start doing whatever wins out (or if you have any other ideas regarding threads, let us know).

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Need more options.... i vote yes for big fights/title fights. No for run of the mill cards... Happy to leave the decision on what counts as a big fight to the moderators discretion.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
As it's usually the most discussed fight, definitely a separate thread for the main event.

With the lessened activity on the board having the rest of the main card in a combined thread is ok I guess, maybe unless it's a really discuss-worthy co-main event (i.e. title fight), then the co-main could also have its separate thread.

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
I'm personally looking at it from an event to event basis, 196 Main and Co-Main are big fights in terms of what traffic those threads may get, so they'll have their own thread.

But some PPV's are so "meh" that they won't get much chat at all (I'm looking at you Mighty Mouse!) so one Main Card thread is sufficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts