Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K with all the talk about silvas antics and US the viewers utter disappointment that silva didnt knock mia into the 2nd grade...brings forth some valid arguements...

They spend alot of time hyping up fights especially title bouts and you wait anxiously until then, to find out within aweek your fighter is injured and can not fight...

Should they cancel the bout between the two altogher??? I think they should take a page out of boxing and do just that. i for one was soo disappointed that Victor couldnt fight and that there is a issue we spend alot of cake to watch a title bout only to be serve a guy who wants to lay down another dancing and making him look like a tool...Brings the ? should they cancel Title bouts all together when 1person is injured to save us the stress of a poor ufc outing.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
No, that would be taking a pay-day away from the fighter that wasn't injured and is in no way fair.

Although they could do a non-title fight, but if the champ happens to lose (which is very possible in mma) it would really hurt the champs credibility, so it's really better to just make it a title match.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
No. If they can find a replacement and both fighters are willing, i say wrap up them hands and let em fight! I'd be more disappointed to lose a title fight altogether from the card.

I know it wasnt a title fight, but look at Wanderlei vs Akiyama getting called off. Alot of people were upset about that, but Leben stepped up and made it a fantastic fight!

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Normally they would probably consider cancellation if a decent replacement can't be found...

In the case of UFC 112 I don't think they saw that as an option, because the were venturing into an entirely new market for them - The Middle East...

So having Silva there was very important for them :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, that would be taking a pay-day away from the fighter that wasn't injured and is in no way fair.
yeah i agree to disagree he still gets paid he just doesnt fight.....the last title defense at HW had atleast 4 reasonable fit ins that we all wouldnt mind watching but in the case of other divisions it isnt the same , i dont want to see Silva fight Chael ..in all honestly if one opens his eyes to the mass hype machine and can see clearly this fight is going to be even worse the Mia...granted Silva will knock him out easliy but to the fans is that what we have come too wanting to see people be koed bad rather then tight matchups that really have you on the edge...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts