Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Can't decide yet

Votes: 21 15.7%
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After Tito recently pulled out of his third fight with Chuck, I honestly don't see the need for him. He hasn't won a fight in 4 years, 106 didn't do too well buy-rate wise, he has caused the company problems and he's an overall bad role model of the sport(except when he's a coach.) Don't get me wrong, Tito had a major influence on the growth on our sport and deserves to be a hall of famer BUT he hasn't contributed anything positive in years and I don't see him doing well in the future either. I personally think he has no business in the UFC and if he were to be kept around, he shouldn't be at main event status. The fact he got paid 250,000 even after losing to Griffin is ridiculous. Thoughts?

EDIT: For anyone confused by "Can't Decide Yet," it means that it's too early in his UFC return to decide what he can offer. You'd have to base your answer off his future performances.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
we dont know the reason why he pulled out of his fight yet, but am guessing its something pretty serious that he did it during TUF.

Tito is still a decent fighter IMO and whether good or bad i still think he is pretty entertaining.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
This is a bit early dont you think? You dont know anything about his situation or how bad it actually was and Tito is still a good fighter, Yes I said good... That means above the average level.

Do you really think Tito would pull out of a TuF season and not fight Chuck when it could possibly be a big pay day? Sure Tito makes a bunch of excuses but hes never one to back off a fight.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tito always brings it. He lost a close fight to Forrest just about subbed a Machida who ran most of the fight. He is definatly still in the game. Most people who say no only say no because of personal feelings and not actual quality of fighter.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
I think they should keep him for two reasons

1) he's a solid gatekeeper. Tito can beat pretty much all of the mid tier guys at LHW, but can't beat the top 10 guys. He's a good litmus test as to whether a fighter is ready for the top guys or not.

2) He is very popular with the common fan. Just having him on a card sells more PPV's. That is reason enough alone for DW to keep him.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yea, we really don't know why he pulled out of the fight. It is waayyy too early to even judge this situation. A few weeks ago Jenna was tweeting something about Tito being in the hospital. It is possible that he caught something (like serious staph) that forced him out of the TUF gym. If he did something that forced him to actually get kicked off, then it is probably serious enough to remove him from the UFC.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
we dont know the reason why he pulled out of his fight yet, but am guessing its something pretty serious that he did it during TUF.

Tito is still a decent fighter IMO and whether good or bad i still think he is pretty entertaining.
exactly what i was going to write :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I remember thinking that when TUF coaches were announced that Tito wanted to get the TV time and not necessarily the fight. He's a Kimbo and his stock goes down every time he loses and he knows it.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
Tito is ALLWAYS going to be a big draw for one so yeah he should be kept around simply for that reason and the dude is still a solid fighter. Guy was out for a long ass time came back and held his own against Griffin who imo is a top LHW.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'm sure I read on a forum, maybe even this one that Jenna had pregancy problems. I don't know if she was preggers again but either way, it's probably best to wait for news before slating him for not fighting Chuck.

As for his worth in the UFC, it's just not the same being so arrogant when you're only average compared to the rest of the pack.

Tito's character and shit talk was worth something back in the day, but now he's just an average fighter his shit wont sell. I think the causal fans should be given some more credit, even though know Tito would get beat by all the top LHWs.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I voted no, but it may be a little early. I base it on the fact that Tito is fast becoming Ken Shamrock. He hasn't won a fight in over four years, he really isn't all that relevant in the division, and I am tired of hearing his B.S. excuses every time he loses. He makes to much money to be a gatekeeper, and would have to win to prove even that much worth. I would say let Strikeforce have him and see what they can do with him. I bet Dana will keep Tito until his contract is up though. If I were Dana I would be having a bit of buyer's remorse for having signed Tito's contract.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The main reason I said no was not because of him quitting out of his fight with Chuck, it's because of everything else. And Tito is no longer a high draw. Tito vs Forrest II was a highly anticipated rematch and if that wasn't enough, it was Tito's big RETURN. Those two things alone should get a lot of buys. It didn't though. It only had a buyrate of 300,000. He will never EVER beat any of the top HWs. I honestly don't see him winning a single fight in his UFC return. I guess they could put him up against a mid-low tier fighter but then what's the point?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts