Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Should UFC fighters be tested for steroids????

• Yes, test all fighters.

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No, don't test fighters.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Don't care, i only watch the sport, dont participate.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just reading over the Tito vs Kevin poll and some believe (myself included) that Kevin has used steroids.

So, what are your thoughts about fights, ufc in particular about steroid use?
Should fighters be tested?
Should fighters be fined, or suspended?

Ill chime in after i see some replies. :)

·
Administrator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was just reading over the Tito vs Kevin poll and some believe (myself included) that Kevin has used steroids.

So, what are your thoughts about fights, ufc in particular about steroid use?
Should fighters be tested?
Should fighters be fined, or suspended?

Ill chime in after i see some replies. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It would be interesting to see testing but it wont happen, Randoms yes but again so much moneys involved and fighters getting surgerys etc there will always be an excuse.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
They should be tested and suspended! Anyone who uses steroids are cheaters and don't deserve to be a fighter!

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Who's Kevin??? but umm I really don't care. If a lot of people are using them, then let be legal. Even out the playing field. It's fighting not a stron man competiton.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
oooo wait kevin randleman him and coleman are bloated steroided freaks

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I know that they were being tested, because Josh Barnett was caught and had his title stripped.

As for now, I think Tim should be tested.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
IronMan said:
I know that they were being tested, because Josh Barnett was caught and had his title stripped.

As for now, I think Tim should be tested.
Does tim slyvia look like a steroid user?:dunno:

·
Registered
675 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
Does tim slyvia look like a steroid user?:dunno:
Steriods don't make you big automatically. If you don't lift weights they won't really have any muscle building effects. So maybe Tim doesn't lift that much. Just a thought.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I say test them

Steriods are the lamest way to get big, it takes time and determination. Especially since all these fighters are using Xyience stuff that's supposed to be so goddamned advanced scientifically. :dunno:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nevada State Athletic Commision?

All steriods are banned as UFC is regulated by NSAC and as such Tim Sylvia has been banned from 1 of his fights and got a temporary suspention testing positive a while ago , and more recently Tiki also got caught using them!!

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Mc19 said:
Steriods don't make you big automatically. If you don't lift weights they won't really have any muscle building effects. So maybe Tim doesn't lift that much. Just a thought.
I know. They allow your muscles to recover faster so you can work out more and get bigger.

·
Administrator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its an unfair advantage, physically and mentally for a fighter. They need to test fighters, fine them, and suspend them. UFC seems to still be in its infant stages, so maybe we will see drug testing being mandatory in the future.

Now imagine they did drug testing in the WWE :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
The WWE only looks for certain problems of addiction when it comes to wrestlers like alcohol, weed, cocane, or painkillers. I know Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon were busted with steroids, and I think Macho Man Randy Savage.

They should test all fighters in the UFC and then suspend them if they are using. Using steroids creates and unfair advantage for some fighters.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
I think they should be allowed. The big steroided freaks are always fun to watch, HEHEHHEHEHEHHEEEEEeeee....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
oooo wait kevin randleman him and coleman are bloated steroided freaks
bwhahaahahahah thats a goood one :thumbsup:

its probably already beeen answered in this thread , the UFC does test for steroids, infact Tim Sylvia was stripped of his title for using them , Josh Barnett as welll ( after beating Couture ) Kimo also tested positive at UFC 48 Payback vs Ken Shamrock !

Of course steroids should be tested in any sport , but ESPECIALLY in this sport where it is 1 on 1 combat i know i wouldnt want to fight a roid freak...... Like Bas Rutten says "STEROIDS ARE FOR PUSSSIES" BAS BEING STRAIGHT UP AS ALWAYS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
someone said Tim Sylvia doesnt lok like a steroid user, well thats because he doesnt use them anymore, but if you loook back at his fights with GAN Mcgeee and RICCO rODRIGUEZ Sylvia was MUCh biggger much more intimidating loooking back then ... now he loooks kinda lanky and goofy looking :laugh:

WAR BIG TIM!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts