Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt Hugh's has a way of rubbing people the wrong way. Listening to most people it looks like they really want to see GSP lay it on him. I hope GSP takes him all the way and wins decisively so there is no controversy. It's time for a real class act to hold the Title.

GSP by unanimous decision.

Who wants GSP to win and how do you think it will end.

·
Registered
103 Posts
cicero1 said:
Matt Hugh's has a way of rubbing people the wrong way. Listening to most people it looks like they really want to see GSP lay it on him. I hope GSP takes him all the way and wins decisively so there is no controversy. It's time for a real class act to hold the Title.

GSP by unanimous decision.

Who wants GSP to win and how do you think it will end.

I say GSP by strikes or submission in the third round. I like GSP in and out of the ring. If Hughes gets through GSP this time then I can'y see anyone being a solid challenger to him within the current UFC WW line up.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
man alot of ppl are going to be in for a rude awakening ( including Hughes himself ) Hes my boy and alll but i can see it now , hes gunnan get KTFO this fight. I said it going into September but luckily GSP pullled out and Pennn came in , which was great , Hughes gets to avenge a losss and that definately motivated him more then the GSP fight , but it looks like its set in stone for November which kinda sux, New champion , new era , and that is GSP, watch & see

·
Registered
224 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
man alot of ppl are going to be in for a rude awakening ( including Hughes himself ) Hes my boy and alll but i can see it now , hes gunnan get KTFO this fight. I said it going into September but luckily GSP pullled out and Pennn came in , which was great , Hughes gets to avenge a losss and that definately motivated him more then the GSP fight , but it looks like its set in stone for November which kinda sux, New champion , new era , and that is GSP, watch & see
+1
I agree 100%

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a huge GSP fan, but there is something in my gut that tells me he wont be able to land anything huge on Hughes. I hope that GSP can land some strikes, but I believe that Hughes will win through attrition.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Smooth said:
I am a huge GSP fan, but there is something in my gut that tells me he wont be able to land anything huge on Hughes. I hope that GSP can land some strikes, but I believe that Hughes will win through attrition.
yeh something about being a incumbant

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hughes has really been hurt a lot in the public eye by the TUF shows. He really wasn't widely disliked before then. Bums me out, cause in person he's such a good guy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't get what the big deal was about what he said in the show. He started messing with GSP and all the sudden people can't stand him. I like the Hughes even more because I see he is sarcatic as I am. He is only guilty of saying it to GSP's face rather than behind his back.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, I too am getting kind of tired of Hughes' giant ego and cocky demeanor. The guy just come across as an a$$hole. But his personality has no revelance inside the cage. The guy is a monster. If Georges comes in to the fight cool and confident, then i believe he has a very good chance against Hughes this time. However, I don't understand how so many people can be so sure that St. Pierre has this in the bag. I'm rooting for GSP, i'm a HUGE fan. But Matt Hughes has been so dominant, it's hard to just write him off. Both fighters know how dangerous the other is and both will come into the fight as prepared as a fighter can be. I'm sure it will be a brawl and i can't wait to see how things turn out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really didn't see any reason to start disliking Hughs after his comments. He said them jokingly and everyone blew it up and took it out of context. It all seemed like friendly, competitive banter to me.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
likegrape said:
I really didn't see any reason to start disliking Hughs after his comments. He said them jokingly and everyone blew it up and took it out of context. It all seemed like friendly, competitive banter to me.
I can laugh all day after I say s**t that makes me look like an a**. It just doesn't keep me from being an a**.

If you want to be able to talk trash and not look like a d**k, you have to make sure that the other guy is laughing with you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
nickman9000 said:
Matt will dry hump him for 5 rounds and win by descision. But I would really like to see Matt finaly get KTFO.
LOL i agree that is what matt wants to do, but i expect GSP to take him out of his game and take him out.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
hughes is a complete idiot, great fighter but he comes across like he looks down on everybody else because hes the champ, im sure if you get to know him hes a nice guy, but hes just a lil too smug for me...and yes i lost a bet that why hes in my avatar, WAR GSP!!!

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
I think GSP will win but i like hughes. He is really honest and sometimes he says stuff that offends people because he says exactly what he thinks, maybe his kind of a **** but i do not think he is a bad guy

·
Registered
224 Posts
kamikaze145 said:
I think GSP will win but i like hughes. He is really honest and sometimes he says stuff that offends people because he says exactly what he thinks, maybe his kind of a **** but i do not think he is a bad guy
Lets just hope that GSP whips his butt durring the match and takes that title belt off the top rope and slams it in to Matts face.

Ok, its not WWE but you get my point.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
hes got bragging rights...

As a champion, you get bragging rights...
Smart champions know not to mouth off too much because they might eat those words later and look like an idiot...

But Matt IS the champion and he has the right to mouth off as much as he wants... but eventually *all* champions lose which will make the bowl of crow that much bigger ;)

IMHO, it gonna come down to whether GSP can fend off Matts takedown...
Matts first attempt will illustrate whether GSP has trained enuf to shut him down...

Should Matt be forced into a standup game, he's done.
But should Hughes unrelenting shoot for the takedown be successfull during the start/middle of a round, Matt will "dry hump"(as nickman9000 so eloquently put it) GSP till the decision.

Kinda makes you wish points werent given on simply just the "takedown" per se... if they treated that as a precursor and gave points on the followup, that would make for a hellava lot more action and balance out these crappy "dry hump" decision wins (Im luving that term nickman9000!... thanks!)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I like both of them and to be honest, TUF turned me off to GSP moreso than hughes. GSP just acted like he was kind of pussying out.

My older brother always rubs me the wrong way, but I know what he's up to. It's all just good fun. The only person who I think deserves to dislike Matt Hughes is BJ Penn...and like he said in his most recent interview; he should knock matt the hell out. Matt called BJ and idiot after he lost his belt to him and that was uncalled for. Then matt was saved by god himself in their rematch.

I really like Matt and GSP and can't wait for their battle. I hate to think that what matt said has gotten to gsp in anyway and I hope it's just a great all out war between the two, no need to get personal.

·
"Minotauro" Nogueira
496 Posts
I sort of hated Hughes alittle bit before TUF 2. I appreciated that he was a good fighter but I didn't like the guy. After TUF 2 I began to hate him more and more. I hope GSP gets the job done and takes Hughes belt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I"m the biggest Matt Hughes fan in the world...but after seeing him get p'owned by Penn those first two rounds, and seeing how he interacts with the fighters on TUF 4...he may need to get his dome split by GSP. I hate to say it, but it's definitely possible. Not to mention his recent blog he posted saying that if Rich lost to Anderson, he would bump to '85 and fight him. Yea right...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.