Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Problem is nobody is gonna let him fight in North America, he is likely to either have to try and pick up fights in Japan or Europe once the athletic commission is through with him.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How long do you think his suspension will be?

Maybe three months tops, I can't recall other suspension times for incidents like these.

Either way, he is a good pick-up for any org out there, kind of surprised Dana would drop him so quick. He should have waited to drop him and Kimbo.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I think it would make them look worse. They just had a post fight brawl, and then they sign Daley who was just involved in a post fight altercation.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I think it would make them look worse. They just had a post fight brawl, and then they sign Daley who was just involved in a post fight altercation.
Sign him and change the name to ThugForce and just be ghetto as shit. Sign Kimbo too.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Problem is nobody is gonna let him fight in North America, he is likely to either have to try and pick up fights in Japan or Europe once the athletic commission is through with him.
Theoretically he could fight for Strikeforce since most of those fights are sanctioned by the California State Atheltic Commission and he's going to be suspended and fined by the Nevada State Athletic Commission..

Either way that was coward as shit and I wouldn't want to see Strikeforce picking Daley up.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Theoretically he could fight for Strikeforce since most of those fights are sanctioned by the California State Atheltic Commission and he's going to be suspended and fined by the Nevada State Athletic Commission..

Either way that was coward as shit and I wouldn't want to see Strikeforce picking Daley up.
Actually he will be fined and suspended by Quebec’s Régie des Alcools des Courses et des Jeux but in North America the athletic commissions regularly recognize and enforce drug suspensions from other jurisdictions and I doubt this will be any different.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They signed babalu, granted his banning took place much longer ago. that was a good point about how it wouldn't be a good time after the brawl, but i hope he gets to keep fighting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate to say it but if Strikeforce signs Daley it would only help with the talent pool especially if they want to put on big and exciting fights that will catch peoples attention.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
He already lost to Shields and Thompson. I honestly dont care for the guy and if they look at this any way like they did Gilbert its gonna be alot longer then 3 months more like a year and he is gonna have to plea to be reinstated. On top of that they frown on fighters that run over seas to keep on fighting..

·
Banned
820 Posts
We will not see him fighting for some time. We will see him in DREAM or maybe he will try k-1 since he hates being on his back so much.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
If I were SF I'd wait until at least six months after Daley's suspension is over before even considering signing him.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
We will not see him fighting for some time. We will see him in DREAM or maybe he will try k-1 since he hates being on his back so much.
He doesnt really have a place in k-1. He is to big for max and way to small to be competitive with the heavyweights.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
I have a hard time seeing the California commission not honoring the suspension that will be handed out. I'm guessing it will be more like 6-12months. Also I don't see him be able to beat Diaz either. Doesn't Strikeforce have enough attitude problems without him. Especially after their brawl, I don't think it helps the CBS relationship to sign him.

As far as Kimbo, I have no idea why anyone wants to see him fight. OK he's a nice guy and he's trying. Is that really what people what to see, a nice guy who's trying but has no legitimate skills? Hey why not Hershel Walker vs Kimbo and really turn Strikeforce into a sideshow.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a hard time seeing the California commission not honoring the suspension that will be handed out. I'm guessing it will be more like 6-12months. Also I don't see him be able to beat Diaz either. Doesn't Strikeforce have enough attitude problems without him. Especially after their brawl, I don't think it helps the CBS relationship to sign him.

As far as Kimbo, I have no idea why anyone wants to see him fight. OK he's a nice guy and he's trying. Is that really what people what to see, a nice guy who's trying but has no legitimate skills? Hey why not Hershel Walker vs Kimbo and really turn Strikeforce into a sideshow.

Well said, sir.:thumbsup:

I highly doubt StrikeForce will sign either of these two guys. If they did, Daley is the one with the best chance, and if does happen it probably won't be till next year. I like what someone said about Daley going to DREAM... thats a good possiblity.

As for Kimbo...:sarcastic05:

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Actually he will be fined and suspended by Quebec’s Régie des Alcools des Courses et des Jeux but in North America the athletic commissions regularly recognize and enforce drug suspensions from other jurisdictions and I doubt this will be any different.

I forgot this event was in Canada...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts