Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't allow Silva to step down and fight GSP. GSP is a champion and a class act. IF he loses to this tool it will only fuel Anderson "THE ASS CLOWN" Silvas ways. He stepped up to fight Forest now let him fight Randy. Randy will make sure he gets taken down. Unless he fights someone bigger I'm done with him on PPV. I wasn't going to get the fight last night but my chick wanted to watch the fights. So I get it she falls asleep and checks out during the Gracie fight. I'm left watching the rest trying to stay awake. Hats off the Franki though.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Silva would destroy Randy, Randy is a lot slower then most of the MW division and they have a hard time holding onto Silva. You can say Randy will use dirty boxing against the cage but Silva is just as deadly against the cage as Randy, if not more so.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I wouldn't allow Silva to step down and fight GSP. GSP is a champion and a class act. IF he loses to this tool it will only fuel Anderson "THE ASS CLOWN" Silvas ways. He stepped up to fight Forest now let him fight Randy. Randy will make sure he gets taken down. Unless he fights someone bigger I'm done with him on PPV. I wasn't going to get the fight last night but my chick wanted to watch the fights. So I get it she falls asleep and checks out during the Gracie fight. I'm left watching the rest trying to stay awake. Hats off the Franki though.
First of all, GSP Vs. Hardy was the equivalent of Maia Vs Silva, it just took place on the ground... so to throw GSP out there like some kind of GOD is just retarded. Secondly, I love how everyone is suggesting this collection of aggressive fighters to get in there and teach Silva a lesson... oh how quickly we forget.
As I said in an earlier thread, agression really paid off for Forrest, Henderson, Irvin, Leben, Marquardt, and Franklin... yeah they had his number.

Having said that, as a die hard Silva fan I have absolutely no argument for last night... I loved the first two and half rounds, but the rest of was a disgrace, no doubt. I vowed I was not going to try to defend his antics of last night, and I'm not... the fact is to suggest GSP's fight against Hardy was any better is an act of stupdity.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
First of all, GSP Vs. Hardy was the equivalent of Maia Vs Silva, it just took place on the ground... so to throw GSP out there like some kind of GOD is just retarded. Secondly, I love how everyone is suggesting this collection of aggressive fighters to get in there and teach Silva a lesson... oh how quickly we forget.
As I said in an earlier thread, agression really paid off for Forrest, Henderson, Irvin, Leben, Marquardt, and Franklin... yeah they had his number.

Having said that, as a die hard Silva fan I have absolutely no argument for last night... I loved the first two and half rounds, but the rest of was a disgrace, no doubt. I vowed I was not going to try to defend his antics of last night, and I'm not... the fact is to suggest GSP's fight against Hardy was any better is an act of stupdity.
really? stupidity ??wow... At least GSP tried to finish the fight and was still working late in the championship rounds. What did Silva do? look at my post on the first page and I totally agree with you till you mentioned GSP. Silva gassed out between round 2 and 3.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
I don't understand how can people compare GSP-Hardy to Silva-Maia.. Sure, it went to a decision, and I do believe GSP can do much better than that, but how can you complain about being able to watch the beauty of grappling?

·
Registered
407 Posts
im willing to wait for vitor.
i think with vitors speed it could be a bad night for silva. i also think silva wouldnt have time for his carnival act..

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
These are the following match ups that need to happen. Anyone agree?

1.) Chael Sonnen (put him into retirement)
2.) Vitor Belfort
3.) One last defense against GSP for a record nine times.
4.) Relinquish MW crown then go up full time to LHW.
- Shogun is super intriguing
- Machida cuz his dad says they need to fight
5.) Eventually go to HW and fight Frank Mir then challenge for the belt, win and retire.

He'll be the first fighter to unify all three divisions.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
really? stupidity ??wow... At least GSP tried to finish the fight and was still working late in the championship rounds. What did Silva do? look at my post on the first page and I totally agree with you till you mentioned GSP. Silva gassed out between round 2 and 3.
I agree that he gassed out, and I agree the end of the fight was atrocious. But I'm pretty sure that knee to the side of the head was meant to end the fight just as much as GSP's armbar... neither of them worked? So what's the difference?

I'm pretty sure that would be consdiered an attempt to end the fight.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts

Im about to go to bed but your silly comment has made me want to actually stay up for another minute or 2 while i write this.

If you think what GSP did to Hardy is in any shape or form what Silva did to Maia then you must have a brain tumor.

Gsp took hardy down at will, did a good job staying busy down there, he had 2 of the deepest submissions in that iv seen in a long while and he was nothing but respectful the whole fight. The only thing GSP is guilty off in that fight is that his Takedowns are too good and are going to make fights somewhat boring because his opponents cant defend them.

Anderson Silva on the other hand was doing some weird stupid antics like getting on 1 knee for seemingly no reason. Usually when he does his head movement dance i like it because i don't find it insulting i find it entertaining and purposeful but the antics he did tonight had no purpose except to be insulting. It seemed like he was going to finish the fight any second now before he starting doing the Kalib Starnes... just running around not engaging and when Damian would complain he would then start running his mouth like some girl on his period. In the fifth round i would even go as far as to say that Damian was clearly out striking him and that instead of Anderson proving a point that you cant just swing wildly at him he decided to run away some more. Oh and to top it off during the press conference he sais he was upset that Damian said "He is the spider well maybe i can take 1 of his legs home with me then"... How the in the fucin hell can you get upset about that??? You must a sensitive lil b!tch to get mad over something that silly and then instead of making Damian pay you make the crowd Pay by not giving them a fight.

How anyone can compare Andersons performance to GSP'S is beyond me.

Andersons Silvas performance i think is the closest thing yet to Kalib vs Quarry.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im about to go to bed but your silly comment has made me want to actually stay up for another minute or 2 while i write this.

If you think what GSP did to Hardy is in any shape or form what Silva did to Maia then you must have a brain tumor.

Gsp took hardy down at will, did a good job staying busy down there, he had 2 of the deepest submissions in that iv seen in a long while and he was nothing but respectful the whole fight. The only thing GSP is guilty off in that fight is that his Takedowns are too good and are going to make fights somewhat boring because his opponents cant defend them.

Anderson Silva on the other hand was doing some weird stupid antics like getting on 1 knee for seemingly no reason. Usually when he does his head movement dance i like it because i don't find it insulting i find it entertaining and purposeful but the antics he did tonight had no purpose except to be insulting. It seemed like he was going to finish the fight any second now before he starting doing the Kalib Starnes... just running around not engaging and when Damian would complain he would then start running his mouth like some girl on his period. In the fifth round i would even go as far as to say that Damian was clearly out striking him and that instead of Anderson proving a point that you cant just swing wildly at him he decided to run away some more. Oh and to top it off during the press conference he sais he was upset that Damian said "He is the spider well maybe i can take 1 of his legs home with me then"... How the in the fucin hell can you get upset about that??? You must a sensitive lil b!tch to get mad over something that silly and then instead of making Damian pay you make the crowd Pay by not giving them a fight.

How anyone can compare Andersons performance to GSP'S is beyond me.

Andersons Silvas performance i think is the closest thing yet to Kalib vs Quarry.
well said side ways.....:praise01:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Couture would get eaten alive by Silva, it wouldn't even be close. Randy is too slow, a great wrestler but too slow.

I agree with Dana, put Silva on the undercard for the next fight. If Silva disrespects the UFC like that, this is where he deserves to be.

I can't imagine who would agree to a fight with Silva after this.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Randy's chin isn't very good, those one or two hit combo's of AS would probably KO him. There is a chance he could wear AS down I guess, but I'd much rather see AS vs Bones Jones or some of the other top LHW's. If the UFC and AS agree on HW, please don't let it be Mir.

·
Registered
111 Posts
1) vitor
2) gsp
3) lhw

I dont care about sonnen and he posses nothing new, you say his wrestling is amazing...well I dont. let him whine and cry that Silva avoided him.
Yep about Sonnen, Maia flipped him like a ragdoll (literally), even if he does get Silva down he'll probably just get triangled after a few tries, hopefully that fight never happens it's a waste of time

·
Registered
70 Posts
Vitor is the best fight for him at middle right now. Honestly GSP and Shonnen aren't going to create the exciting fights we can get out of this guy. Maybe if Wand builds himself up we can see a grudge match other than that the best thing to market this guy is to let him clean out light heavy.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I say give Silva the winner of Jackson/Evans, especially if Shogun beats Machida. I would'nt mind seeing him fight Bones Jones either although I don't know how much interest there would be for that. I think Jones is quick and explosive enough to at least match Anerdson's athleticism. Vera would've been an interesting fight but he hasn't been the same fighter for awhile now. Or......

If Liddell dominates Franklin than give him a crack at the Spida. Just my two cents...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.