Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, it's the bog standard interview where a fighter refuses to say anything interesting.

e.g...

Loretta Hunt: "Sonnen want's to take you down and negate your striking, a lot of people think he has the tools to beat you"

Silva: "It's a fight and I'll be prepared for everything"

Not quoted word for word, but it's a typical Silva interview.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah I figured so, thanks for the link nonetheless. I'm looking forward to this fight though I doubt Sonnen will be able to take much control.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Not quoted word for word, but it's a typical Silva interview.
If it's Loretta interviewing him, its hard to imagine her asking an even remotely interesting question.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Loretta Hunt is annoying. Anyone agree...Sherdog needs to hire a better looking interviewer...lolz!

"I think you're giving me short answers to play with me." WTF is that...SHE'S FIRED!!!

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Sonnen is a joke, Silva knows it and so does Dana White... a recycled scrubb he hasn't fought yet, Dana White scheduled this fight because he wants Anderson to destroy the #1 MW contender --- Does Anderson comply? I don't know. hope so.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Seriously, when Anderson Silva's out of MW, it'll be an interesting division with good fights...

Get Sonnen over with quick. Let him fight Vitor (who i wager has a roid cycle completed and out of his system soon enough), if (likely when) he beats Vitor - Silva deserves a title shot immeadiately.

I watch this sport for brilliance, I don't want to watch the most dominant MMA fighter in history finally get the shots he deserves when he's like 37 years old.

If he beats Sonnen/Vitor, these fights scheduling needs to be expedited---

1. He said he can cut to 170, throw that 'he doesn't deserve GSP' BS out, screw Kos and give him a shot there.

2. If not, he deserves Rua, Evans and Rampage - whoever comes out of that heap.

If he doesn't get a shot, Silva should just surrender the title, bail on the UFC and Dana White

3. Join Strikeforce, maybe a megafight against Fedor, he's actually older than him, after that - retire.... train dudes at the next gen, guys like JDS.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Seriously, when Anderson Silva's out of MW, it'll be an interesting division with good fights...

Get Sonnen over with quick. Let him fight Vitor (who i wager has a roid cycle completed and out of his system soon enough), if (likely when) he beats Vitor - Silva deserves a title shot immeadiately.

I watch this sport for brilliance, I don't want to watch the most dominant MMA fighter in history finally get the shots he deserves when he's like 37 years old.

1. He said he can cut to 170, throw that 'he doesn't deserve GSP' BS out, screw Kos and give him a shot there.

If he doesn't get a shot, Silva should just surrender the title, bail on the UFC and Dana White

3. Join Strikeforce, maybe a megafight against Fedor, he's actually older than him, after that - retire.... train dudes at the next gen, guys like JDS.
Don't double post.

Otherwise, that sounds about right.

Personally, I don't really like the idea of him fighting GSP. I think that he'll beat GSP pretty badly, and I think Dana is trying to protect the confidence of his poster boy.

I think the idea of more fights at 205 is a good one. I'd like to see him fight Rashad (I think he'd kill Rampage) and if Jones wins a couple more fights, I think that becomes really interesting stylistically.

Anderson doesn't seem interested in anyone in other organizations, from what I've heard in interviews. If he wanted to fight Shields, then it makes a little bit of sense, but otherwise, he can just fight out the rest of his contract.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Don't double post.

Otherwise, that sounds about right.

Personally, I don't really like the idea of him fighting GSP. I think that he'll beat GSP pretty badly, and I think Dana is trying to protect the confidence of his poster boy.

I think the idea of more fights at 205 is a good one. I'd like to see him fight Rashad (I think he'd kill Rampage) and if Jones wins a couple more fights, I think that becomes really interesting stylistically.

Anderson doesn't seem interested in anyone in other organizations, from what I've heard in interviews. If he wanted to fight Shields, then it makes a little bit of sense, but otherwise, he can just fight out the rest of his contract.
Double post?

Agree with Dana's logic about GSP, it's about the future. Is Silva going to be a poster boy of the UFC when he retires - NO, he's doesn't like Dana White, how could he. Once Silva retires and is out of the clutches of Dana, I think we might have an interview of what Silva really thinks about Dana White. It's all about the money, the future of the business - putting on the best possible fights at every opportunity comes third on the priority list.

Also agree - he'd clean out LHW till he meets Bones Jones - then it gets interesting.

Bones Jones
Brute strength, best takedowns in LHW, brutal GnP, Silvaesque striking moves, equal height and length of limbs

VS

Spider Silva
Silva counter defense, toughness, vision, speed, quickness, boxing, precision shots, BJJ of his back.

That would be a great match.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Double post?

Agree with Dana's logic about GSP, it's about the future. Is Silva going to be a poster boy of the UFC when he retires - NO, he's doesn't like Dana White, how could he. Once Silva retires and is out of the clutches of Dana, I think we might have an interview of what Silva really thinks about Dana White. It's all about the money, the future of the business - putting on the best possible fights at every opportunity comes third on the priority list.

Also agree - he'd clean out LHW till he meets Bones Jones - then it gets interesting.

Bones Jones
Brute strength, best takedowns in LHW, brutal GnP, Silvaesque striking moves, equal height and length of limbs

VS

Spider Silva
Silva counter defense, toughness, vision, speed, quickness, boxing, precision shots, BJJ of his back.

That would be a great match.
i think bones would destroy him and thats not out of hate, seriously i don't think there is anyone who can stop JJ's TD's but you ask most people around here and they will say yes they can be stopped but talk about rashad like he is the LHW version of GSP which is just after one fight against thiago.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts

your a neanderthol MMA follower

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
i think bones would destroy him and thats not out of hate, seriously i don't think there is anyone who can stop JJ's TD's but you ask most people around here and they will say yes they can be stopped but talk about rashad like he is the LHW version of GSP which is just after one fight against thiago.
I think Bones is going to be the only guy at LHW that'll be able to hold the title for more than 18 months atleast and then get it right back if he loses.

The thing is no one has ever hurt Anderson Silva, and he's dominated in a fights in a fashion like no one ever has in the sport - you don't respect that, I do. Dan Henderson brutally GnP'd Silva for over two and a half min. He comes back the next round seemingly unscathed, hurts, wrecks and destroys him. Lutter had him too, what happened to him.

My top 5 LHWs

#1 Anderson Silva
#2 Bones Jones
#3 Shogun Rua
#4 Lyoto Machida
#5 Lil Nog

·
British Bulldog
930 Posts
Double posting by 2 people and now a triple post,

Wonderful! lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts