Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Silva still seems unwilling to admit any wrongdoing and Maia politely eluded that Anderson was an ass.

It looks like Silva is not too concerned with Dana's threat to cut him. Part of me actually wants me to see Silva do it again to put Dana on the spot.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Cool interview! Repped...

If all the girls looked like the one asking Anderson a question (2nd video - 3:47) I'll have to take the next flight out...haha!

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Silva still seems unwilling to admit any wrongdoing and Maia politely eluded that Anderson was an ass.

It looks like Silva is not too concerned with Dana's threat to cut him. Part of me actually wants me to see Silva do it again to put Dana on the spot.
I got that vibe, too. How he said something about their attitudes inside the cage and everything. I'm inclined to believe most of the interview was a front, actually.

Also, I found it funny that Anderson never points out that obscene language inside the octagon is against the rules.

I also found it interesting that one of the questioners said something about Anderson cursing inside the cage, which to me means that they understood exactly what he said and they DID see it at inflammatory at the least.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Cool interview! Repped...

If all the girls looked like the one asking Anderson a question (2nd video - 3:47) I'll have to take the next flight out...haha!
LOL

I´ve also noticed that. I was surprised when the 1st girl showed to ask a question, but when the 2nd girl appeared it became clear that it was too good to be true.
I supoed those were 2 hired models to ask questions, the public were not really allowed to ask questions.

Anyway, about the interview, Maia was really pissed, and as noticed above he really was sending some allusive tips for andy´s behavior.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Interviewer: In no moment in the fight did you intend to disrespect him?
Anderson: On the contrary, I think what got me here was my humbleness.

As long as the translation is adequate, this is just such bull.. Yeah sure, humbleness made you act like that.. :confused02:

Stop at least with that bleeding theatrical bowing Anderson, when the rest of your actions shows a douchbag.

Yeah Maia was avoiding speaking what he really thought about it. "The fans can see for themselves" makes it pretty clear he didn't want to excuse it away.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Interviewer: In no moment in the fight did you intend to disrespect him?
Anderson: On the contrary, I think what got me here was my humbleness.

As long as the translation is adequate, this is just such bull.. Yeah sure, humbleness made you act like that.. :confused02:

Stop at least with that bleeding theatrical bowing Anderson, when the rest of your actions shows a douchbag.

Yeah Maia was avoiding speaking what he really thought about it. "The fans can see for themselves" makes it pretty clear he didn't want to excuse it away.
Actually think he means that he let his humbleness slip in this fight thats what he means that it got to him there.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I was surprised when the 1st girl showed to ask a question, but when the 2nd girl appeared it became clear that it was too good to be true.
I supoed those were 2 hired models to ask questions, the public were not really allowed to ask questions.
That's what I love about Latin American shows. No matter what it's about, at some point a couple of hot chicks always show up, usually in skimpy outfits and for no particular reason except because people like to watch hot chicks.:thumb02:

·
Banned
439 Posts
Wow, Demian didn't even wanna stand next to him. He's definitely still upset about what happened and it was even clearer when they were walking backstage.

I wonder what Wanderlei think of all this. He and Anderson supposedly burried the hatchet but before that, Wandy was touting Maia as the one to take Andy's belt.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
At this point, no one knows what Anderson was thinking during his fight, not even Anderson himself.

But the point is now moot; either Anderson brings it and behaves professionally next time, or he will be released from the organization.

Anderson is not bigger than the sport or the UFC.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Lol @ anyone thinking Silva is too big of a draw to fire. Dana fired Randy ******* Couture for less and he was a real draw. Casual fans don't even know who Anderson Silva is at all. I asked a guy I know at work who wears tapout shirts:

"Hey man are you excited for Liddell to fight again?"

"YEAH MAN!!! CAN'T WAIT!"

"What about for Anderson Silva to fight Maia?"

"Uhh... what's that... like a boxing match or something?"

Silva's weak PPV numbers prove he's not a big draw. He's never been on TUF, he doesn't speak english and he doesn't fight often enough for the fans to know.

God I hope JDS gets mad that Maia was so disrespected and knocks Silva into a different dimension.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.