Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Do you mean Wanderlei Silva against Matt Hughes?
If so, Silva would KO Hughes under Pride rules but I think Matt would have a chance. If the rules are UFC then Silva's gonna have to strike hard and fast before Hughes drops him against the cage.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya i agree,

Pride's set up for strikers alot more then the UFC is.

The UFC's cage gives a big advantage to the ground game game.

I personally think Hughes has better cardio as well.

One things for sure, it'd be a damn good fight.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
KrioGeniK said:
I'm a huge Silva fan but Hughes is what he is.

are you kiddding me ? is everyone in this thread kidding me ? 1st fo all Matt Hughes would never take this fight ( he is smarter then that , cmon now ) 2nd of al he would be slaughtered in a matter of minutes.. i cant even believe iam seing a Hughes vs SILVA THREAD<

Question for you ppl who think hughes would win .... 1. Who is the best striker Hughes has ever fought ? Let me answer that for you , Eric pele ... a man who trained with Wanderlei Silvas camp Chute BOx.... wHO beat HUGHES by KO

2nd question what 205lbers has Matt Hughes ever fought ???? he HAS NEVER fought a 205lber and you got the balls to say he would beat the #1 205lber in the world... a man who was undefeated in his weightclas for almost 5 years.... plz ppl wake the **** up

its obvious to me ppl who think hughes would win this fight or even stand a chance are not too familiar with wanderlei silva

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pride is harder for strikers to do well (if one knows the rules) ie roll towards the ropes when in trouble get the stand up.

On a side bar the whole no grab the cage or ropes( although the 'ring' thing is a joke) is bull shit just like no head butts is bs. Its a fight WE say is a real one why the 'rules' that are bull? we all know why these "rules' came into effect.

The Axe would destroy Hughes under both PFC and UFC rules. Kinna like Mike Tyson would have destroyed Marvin Hagler back in the day. 65lbs to 80lbs weight diff. Cheers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im honestly hoping u guys are mistaking Anderson Silva for Wanderlei Silva...

if any of u guys think Matt Hughes has a chance in hell vs Wanderlei then u dont know anything about fighting.....

But since non of u guys could be so stupid Im gonna go with my view of A. Silva vs M. Hughes...

Even when Anderson is fighting at 185 and Hughes at 170 I think the size difference (or strenght def) is not that much...Hughes would NEED to take it to the ground and not fall on Silvas guard...But Silva has good footwork and great stricking so he might be able to stuff Hughes takedown and logic says standing Matt has no chance vs the Spider....its a good match up but Im taking Anderson by UD...but Matt might be able to wrestle his way to a UD...

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
WHAT THE F*CK!!!

The Axemurderer has 30 pounds on Hughes at his fighting weight and like 50 at his natural weight. Hughes would be KO'd faster than Paul Buentello against Andrei Arlovski. This fight would be hard to watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hughes I Think Would Defeat Wanderlei.Matt Hughes Has Excellent Strikes And The Best Slams.I Bet Hughes Will Get Some Strikes Into Wanderleis Face Then Hit A Devastating KO Slam On Wanderleis Ass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I refuse to state my opinion because this thread deserves to die.

30 pounds. Whoever made this thread should go try to take down somebody thirty pounds heavier than them, and then they should come back.

It wouldn't be a win/loss situation for Hughes, it would be a survival, life/death situation.

Just, wow. All of you who said Matt Hughes would win need to die.

·
Registered
168 Posts
anyone who said hughes is an idiot no matter ufc or pride rules silva would destroy hughes this shouldnt even be a thread and even if hughes got wandy to the ground he is still a black belt in jiu jitsu and is able to submit people he just chooses to stand up in his fights ....his weight is a big advantage and i dont see hughes taking him down at all. hughes has nothing at all going for him in this matchup... this is the dumbest thread i think ive ever seen

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
conorM, u are a fool and a ufc nuthugger..i like the ufc alot, but im a realist..i know when a ufc is clearly over matched..and in this case hughes really has no chance..yes hughes dominates, but he dominates guys that are 2 weight classes lower than wandy..hughes would struggle against any light heavyweight, let alone one of the best in the world...wandy by horrific ko :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.