Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All four semi guys are going to get signed, that's a given but what about the injured guys (Rich and Nick), the guys that lost in the quarters (Kyle, Seth, Jamie) and then the guys that have gotten a lot of attention/camera time (Henle, Hammortree, Uscola, and McKinney).

·
Dexter Morgan
5,815 Posts
All four semi guys are going to get signed, that's a given but what about the injured guys (Rich and Nick), the guys that lost in the quarters (Kyle, Seth, Jamie) and then the guys that have gotten a lot of attention/camera time (Henle, Hammortree, Uscola, and McKinney).
Hard to say, I doubt Jamie because Dana is all about the people who will do anything to fight and no quitters. Maybe Hammortree because he is one of those guys that will do anything to fight.

I think Nick Ring will get signed too...

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of think that Tito/Yager and Yager/Uscola is going to happen after this fight.

Dana did sign Kalib Starnes and he did quit during his match. Yager > Starnes

·
Banned
70 Posts
Nelson, McSweeney, Schaub, Mitrione, and Madsen all came over from TUF 10. Who knows what will happen this season. I know that Rich is signed on to fight at TUF Finale, but I have no clue about Nick.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I see them bringing Yager back to fight Uscola because it showed them almost throwing down in the house next episode...Nick Ring for sure...And maybe Noke because he has some talent it just needs to be rounded out. Seth probably also

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
all of them. This was a decent season, and the injured guys will be given a shot for sure.

more cards per year = more fighters needed.

immediate fan recognition = first choice replacements and undercard fights.

We had to watch Roli Delgado fight a few times, I'd gladly watch all of these guys over him or Jon ******* Madsen.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In a perfect world I would like to see these fights at the finale

Jamie Yager vs Clayton McKinney - Clayton got screwed out of the comp due to his messed up shoulder, Yager quit on the stool. Both guys have great stand up and would provide us with an amazing fight that I don't see Uscola giving us.

Rich Attonito vs Kyle Noke - these were Liddell's top two guys but it looks like Noke just beat scrubs.

Seth Baczynski vs James Hammortree - each guy plays into the others weakness, Seth doesn't have a lot of strength and Hammortree doesn't have a lot of skill better let one take on the other.

Nick Ring vs Jon Henle I wonder if Henle could pull another upset and take out the skilled Nick Ring.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Call me nuts, but I don't see Jamie Yager, or Kyacey getting another shot. Yager is a ghetto punk who can't get along with anyone and has extreme maturity and behavioral issues. Plus, the guy quit on the stoll and showed little ability to take a punch or do anything else besides throw flashy headkicks. Other guys who fit this bill are Junie Browning, Nick Diaz, and Paul Daley. All of them have been exiled from the UFC for a good reason. Kyacey is just awful. Yager at least has some potential as a fighter, but you'd think with Kyacey's experience, and the kind of opponents he has faced, the guy would be at least semi-decent. Wrong. You know you suck when you get subbed by a gassed Kris McCray.

I'd like to see Kyle, Nick, and Rich get a shot. Kyle has a pretty impressive resume, and if he worked extensively on his wrestling, and if Mazzagatti wasn't reffing his fight with McCray, I think he could be legitimate. Nick obviously has serious knee issues, but I imagine he could do pretty well. Rich is a bit of an analomy. His stand-up looked decent against Uscola, but we haven't seen much else.

Hamortree is extremely green. The guy definitely has potential to be a good fighter, but his skillset is very limited. Let him bounce around local organizations for a while to improve, then bring him in.
Seth seems to has decent skills, but as a poster above me said, the guy appears to lack strength. Henle is another fighter that seems extremely green. He needs to work on his stand-up big time, and maybe improve his gas tank. But with a guy who has such little experience, I imagine in a few years he won't be bad.

The guys I see with the most potential are McGee and Tavares.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I think quite a few of them will get a one fight contract. Definitely Ring if he's fit cause I honestly think he's the best dude in the house when he's 100%. Then I think Noke, Hammortree, McKinney and Tavarez. Possibly more too.

·
Banned
70 Posts
http://www.ultimatefighter.com/full-episodes/tuf-11/the-aftermath-shocked-and-awed

Poor Yager. I actually feel really bad for the dude. That and he seemed very humble in this interview. Maybe he got the BJ Penn treatment? Josh talking about how everyone in the house, including on Team Ortiz/Franklin gave him a high five as well as Dana, some of the cameramen, and the ref!
Stephan- "So we didn't see it, but you were actually lifted off of the ground and onto the shoulders of members from Team Liddell AND Ortiz?"

Josh- "Yeah, it was an awesome experience."

Yager- "Is this one of your jokes or..?"

Josh- "Nah, that was legit."

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Id give Noke, Yager, Ring and that guy who got DQ'd against Tavares another fight @ the finale under card.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
i would love to se joe get hired but i don't think that is going to happen.

the final 4 beside that i am nof for sure. Most everyone will get one fight on the finally that will probably decide who gets signed and who doesn't

1 - 20 of 35 Posts