Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all wants to see Sanchez v. Fitch? How do you think it will go? Wish it would happen this year so Diego could have 2 fights in contention for fight of the year. If not Fitch then who do you want Diego to fight next????:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
i think he deserves a title shot before he has to go through guys he's already beaten again such as karo. win or lose he deserves to get a title shot in the near future.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I would like to see Diego face the loser of the Matt Hughes vs. GSP fight! One of those guys would definitly give Diego a run for his money.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
I would like to see Diego face the loser of the Matt Hughes vs. GSP fight! One of those guys would definitly give Diego a run for his money.
wait what? did you just say that.......these guys are on a completely different planet than Diego.....they would both destroy him and I'm pretty sure we all know that

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diego would not be destroyed by either of them. I think Diego can even beat Matt Hughes. Diego is the better striker of the two. Diego could get submitted while on top of Hughes with gournd and pound but I just don't think so. Does anyone else think Diego has some of the best cardio in UFC? That dude does not slow down and I think he could over power Hughes.

GSP.....well.....mmm..well I thought there was no way he'd beat Karo either!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
guys, seriously, pass the drugs this way, whatever you're on, i want in......Diego overpower Hughes? are you kidding me? cmon guys, lets be realistic, maybe later on in their their careers Diego would beat Hughes, but the guy is a beast hes at the top of his game. Diego would have to actually beat Hughes, he wont be able to win the judges over in a decision as hes been known to do. I cant see him stopping Matt at all

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
As much as I would love to see Penn destroy Diego, it's not the right matchup as far as the ladder goes. I think Penn's next opponent should be Karo Parisyan. They are both on the same rung IMO. Fitch and Diego on are on the same rung right now IMO. I think Fitch vs. Diego is the most fair matchup. Then the winner of Penn vs. Parisyan will fight the loser of Fitch vs Sanchez. And the winner of Fitch vs. Sanchez fights the winner of theTUF4 winner vs. GSP/Hughes (in other words a title shot). And the loser of Hughes vs. GSP fights the winner of the Penn/Parisyan winner vs. Fitch/Sanchez loser. Make any sense?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Diego vs Karo II?!?!?

Tears were coming from Karo's eyes in the beat down Diego gave him, I doubt Karo wants another piece of that.

I to used to doubt Diego, but I now believe he's the real deal. Another year, and he'll be ready for Hughes.

The way he demolished Karo Parisyan, Nick Diaz, and Brian Gassaway was amazing. He's got the cardio and the talent. He can spin and jump out of any guard, he's got the punching power, the strength, and instinct.

I thought he had met his match in Karo Parisyan, but Karo was destroyed, and Karo is supposed to be world class. The punishment was endless, especially in that last round. Karo looked like he couldn't believe just how brutal Diego was. And he did cry.

ps: Karo did put two pretty damn good judo throws on Diego, but then Diego adjusted to it.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CTFlyingKnee said:
Diego destroyed Karo? when was this? Surely you are not talking about the UFN when Diego had to win a decision again.....had he destroyed him it would have looked like his fight against Josh Rafferty
Naaaaa, what offense did Karo mount besides his judo throw's? They were badass, noone has adapted judo to the octagon like Karo but hey, you got to make it hurt the other guy. It hurt Lyttle, Serra, etc. but Diego wasn't even fazed! Diego ground and pounded the shit out of him. It has been my favorite match all year for the action but offense v. offense, Diego kicked his ass.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Karo scored some nice takedowns. Karo also controlled the pace until Diego's unreal cardio kicked in. Diego didn't destroy Karo, and that fight was way closer than people realize. Don't get me wrong, Diego won, but he didn't decimate Karo.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damone said:
Karo scored some nice takedowns. Karo also controlled the pace until Diego's unreal cardio kicked in. Diego didn't destroy Karo, and that fight was way closer than people realize. Don't get me wrong, Diego won, but he didn't decimate Karo.

Okay, lets take the discussion this way, WHEN we get Diego v. Parisyan II. What does Karo do differently to win? Gotta give everyone a fighter's chance but I really don't see where he is going to neutralize Sanchez. Also, in Parisyan's defense, he usually does take alot of punishment in his fights. His resiliance is amazing so just coz I say he got his ass kicked doesn't mean I didn't think it was a close fight. Karo gets his ass kicked in every fight and usually wins IMO.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.