Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Shogun could be out for almost a year. So who's fighting for the interim belt? I think Machida vs Evans II are the guys who deserve it, but is that what the UFC will do? Evans is supposed to get the next shot, so he's in. Who do you think he will fight or should fight: Rampage again, Machida again, Couture, or Anderson Silva?

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
So Shogun could be out for almost a year. So who's fighting for the interim belt? I think Machida vs Evans II are the guys who deserve it, but is that what the UFC will do? Evans is supposed to get the next shot, so he's in. Who do you think he will fight or should fight: Rampage again, Machida again, Couture, or Anderson Silva?
Chuck after he beats Franklin :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Machida needs to pick up a "W" before he would get a shot at any interim title (which obviously has not yet been announced).

It's ironic that Machida will get Quinton next; if Quinton wins, he'll be re-matched with Rashad for a shot at the interim belt?!?

·
Registered
742 Posts
We dont even really know what exactly the injury to Shogun is BUT if there was to be an interim belt I would personally like to see Rashad (it has to be him against someone since he was basically guaranteed a shot) against Anderson. IMO I think the UFC rushes rematches and trilogies way too quickly and they dont really give alot of time for both guys to improve so even though I think Rashad is more than capable of taking Machida out I'm not really that interested in a potential Machida/Shogun rubber match this soon if Lyoto were to beat Rashad. I just wanna see Anderson fight at 205 period, any top 5 or 6 205'er is a better and more exciting fight for Anderson than any 185 fight imo and an Anderson-Shogun fight would be huge.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Hey rich is my boy.... Ice just beat him out in my book. If it was anyone else..
We'll see. I honestly don't see how Rich could lose this one... unless he gets caught (a la Vitor back of head strike). I like Chuck, but I gotta give him a punchers chance in this fight. He's outclassed everywhere else.

Lil Nog would get destroyed (which would very fair for Rashad). Machida needs two wins atleast. Same with Chuck.

If you'd really see a fight make it Rashad VS A Silva.
Uhg. Rashad couldn't stand or go to the ground with A. Silva.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Jon Jones :thumb02: Definitely NOT Machida. He needs a few more wins to even be considered. The division is a little screwy right now with deserving fighters. As of right now, who holds the most consecutive wins at LHW? I'm sure of Chuck completely dominates Rich he could possibly be considered even though I don't think he deserves it. No one really pops to mind tbh.

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
Here's why it can be Liddell... Machida and Rampage are coming off of losses, Jone Jones probably wont fight Rashad, Forrest only has a one win streak, other people who have strung together more than one win don't have the big name recognition (for example lil nog, or bader). Therefore, if Chuck wins, and they are looking for an opponent, he may be gifted the title shot.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
We'll see. I honestly don't see how Rich could lose this one.
well a babe i think chuck is gonna take im down for the rounds, and then maybe chuck will catch em.

But rich is awesome, I wish him a huge career ahead of liddell

·
Registered
319 Posts
How crazy would that be if Chuck came back and KO'd Franklin and Shogun. I can't even imagine..

As friggin awesome as that would be, I just can't see it happening anymore. I am a huge Chuck fan, but even I think his reign near the top is over. Not saying that he's washed up, as I still think there are some good fights left for him, I just don't think he can compete at the highest levels as he once did. He'll always be one hell of a fighter, but I think the top tier has slowly passed him by. It's a natural thing, and by no means should Chuck feel bad about it, the dude had a great run, and again I still think there's some fight left in him.

I'd love to see him beat Rich (even though I still hate either fighter actually losing) but even with beating Rich, who does he face after that? It would be ineteresting to him fight fight Lyoto, that would be an interesting fight IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
If there is to be an 'interim' fight, it has to be a LHW coming off two wins for Rashad.

That rules out Lyoto, Rampage, Franklin and Chuck.

Only guy that is not commited to a fight is Lil Nog, and a likely easy, boring win with what Lil Nog showed last fight for Rashad.

Bones or Silva would scratch their upcoming fights. But for interim title, Bones or Silva would make it a incredibly more entertaining fight and a sure-fire #1 headliner PPV.

Lil Nog
Bones Jones
Anderson Silva

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Easy decision! Give Lyoto his belt back.
You wanna see Lyoto get KTFO by Shogun again? I personally have no interest in seeing Shogun vs Machida III anytime soon, would rather see Lesnar vs Mir III than that.

Rashad vs Forrest II TBH. Forrest won the first 2 rounds against Rashad before getting sloppy and not defending the G+P, so he'll want to avenge that loss, and Rashad deserves to be next in line. It'd be a big fight with good potential for hype, and if Forrest was to somehow pull out the win they could make huge bucks with a Shogun vs Forrest II fight. I'd much rather see that than Rashad vs Lyoto again.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I think its to early to start thinking about an Intrim belt for the LHW division, they should give Shogun at least a year to defend his title before tehy atrt to think about that. besides this could be a real good chance define if some current number 1 condenders can hang with the new school in this division, I know its hard on Rash not getting his title shot but this is the perfect time to bring the likes of Jon Jones, Ryan Bader and Little Nog into the big picture by giving them guys like Rash and Machida who are in the title picture, Phil Davis is another who just come to mind.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts