Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very possible that Renato Sobral will meet Silva if he beats Chuck Liddell. If this happens, can Babalu beat Silva?:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
If he can beat Liddell i think so lol

But i think liddells got to good of stand up and ground defence that it'd be really hard.
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
It is very possible that Renato Sobral will meet Silva if he beats Chuck Liddell. If this happens, can Babalu beat Silva?:dunno:
No. Even if Sobral beats Chuck, which is pretty unlikely considering how good his takedown defense has been recently, he'll win because Chuck is an unrestrained brute. Whenever Chuck loses it's because he can't control himself, because he sees no need to.

Wanderlei is an entirely diffent kind of striker. He's always focused, always calm, cool and collected. Wandy is way tougher for sobral because he doesn't swing for the fences like Chuck. Granted, Wandy's takedown defense isn't as good as Chuck's, but he'd hit Babalu after every takedown attempt.

Chuck can be beat babalu in the first round, but he can also beat him any other time. Wandy would beat him in the second or third, after Sobral has been punched in the face sufficiently, he would finish it.
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
I love sobral. I think he can beat chuck. But where wand is right know i don't believe anyone can beat him. He is just an amazing fighter. He is like the Ali of mma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
I think Sobral will be the harder fight for The Iceman, so Sobral v Silva =Sobral wins by submission, Liddell v Sobral= who knows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
sobrals strenght is on the ground, chuck got legeandary takedown defence...
Chuck is sobrals nightmare opponent, I strongly belive that chuck will win this fight.

Chuck vs wanderlei, I realy don't know whos gonna win, but its gonna be a standup war :)
If it were under pride rules I would be beting on wanderlei, but since this is a UFC match i won't be putting any mony on this one :p
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
TheNerD said:
sobrals strenght is on the ground, chuck got legeandary takedown defence...
Chuck is sobrals nightmare opponent, I strongly belive that chuck will win this fight.
This is really the best way to look at Liddell/Sobral. Randleman has way better takedowns then Sobral, so did Couture, and neither of those two guys were really able to take Chuck to the ground. The only person who can really do that is Rampage.

I think Silva/Sobral and Silva/Liddell are both more fun to watch as well as next to impossible to call. Silva can be taken down so Renato actually has a chance and Chuck v Wanderlei is gonna be a awesome.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Babalu Could Beat Wandy, Hes Similar To Arona And Arona Beat Him, Although I Fell Arona Is A Lil Better Fighter Than Babalu..but Babalu Would Have Alot Better Chance Against Wandy Than Chuck Based On Their Takedown Defense..but This Is All A Moot Point Cuz Babalu Is Gonna Get Ko'd By Chuck Again!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Silva isn't the Ali of MMA, Fedor or Kid Yamamoto are. And Chuck will beat Babalu in the second round by TKO Strikes or KO Punch or Kick whichever he chooses to do. Against Wandy it will be the same, Chuck 3rd round TKO Strikes. But if Babalu beats Chuck (which is highly doubtful) and goes on to fight Wandy I think they would have a boring ground grappling submission fight but Wandy wins by 5th round decision since he punched Babalu on the ground a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Rush said:
Silva isn't the Ali of MMA, Fedor or Kid Yamamoto are. And Chuck will beat Babalu in the second round by TKO Strikes or KO Punch or Kick whichever he chooses to do. Against Wandy it will be the same, Chuck 3rd round TKO Strikes. But if Babalu beats Chuck (which is highly doubtful) and goes on to fight Wandy I think they would have a boring ground grappling submission fight but Wandy wins by 5th round decision since he punched Babalu on the ground a lot.
Trying to throw elbows from the guard like Tito is boring. Watching someone actually use their Jiu Jitsu is not. => Sobral!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Adrnalnrsh said:
Trying to throw elbows from the guard like Tito is boring. Watching someone actually use their Jiu Jitsu is not. => Sobral!
True but I never stated any of that. I just said Chuck will beat Babalu and Silva. If Chuck loses to Babalu some how then I think Silva wins against Babalu by decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Rush said:
True but I never stated any of that. I just said Chuck will beat Babalu and Silva. If Chuck loses to Babalu some how then I think Silva wins against Babalu by decision.
You said Babalu vs Silva would be a borning ground game. When in fact Tito vs Silva was a borning ground game.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top