Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Sonnen inviting Lil Nog down to 185

2K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  kgilstrap 
#1 ·
"Lil’ Nog…..I read your appraisal of the upcoming fight betwixt your pal Anderson and yours truly and, I’ll be damned, you are one sharp dude…. about as sharp as a bag of wet mice. Do yourself a favor: have your mouthpiece permanently installed in your mouth so you can’t speak at all. Have them feed you with a tube like a coma patient. You’re not doing Anderson any good and you’re sinking your own ship too. You say I’m not qualified to fight Anderson…Which means that the UFC brain trust – that thinks I AM and are also YOUR BOSSES — are idiots. It also means Ed Soares – Anderson’s manager and YOUR MANAGER TOO – doesn’t know what he’s doing, either. Smooth, guy. Very smooth. Do you have any other brilliant ideas or scathing critiques you care to impart to the UFC Brass or your own manager? Maybe that shot Sokodjou hit you with was worse than it looked (if that’s even possible). You seem like a nice enough guy, and I have no real beef with you (Oh, and speaking of beef: If you can turn your disk over at the Rodizio once in awhile and get down to "185," there’s gonna be a new sheriff there in less than a month who’ll be happy to ride you right back out of town on a rail). So please see this as the kind of well-intentioned advice I would give to a friend or training partner. And if you lose a few (you looked like Roy Nelson in a Frankenstein mask for that Brilz fight… which you lost, buddyboy), we can scrap in the Fall."

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/sonnen-responds-to-lil-nogs

See less See more
Reactions: oldfan
#4 ·
I actually give Sonnen a better chance against Rog Nog then Anderson Silva. Rog Nog is a "good fighter." Anderson Silva is a "wtf is this guy human fighter."

Rooting for Sonnen, but I don't see anyone beating Anderson Silva (in his division), outside of a clone of himself having a better day on fight night.

#6 ·
I think Silva will take Sonnen trash talking either of the Nog's worse than he would about anything about himself. He seems to have massive respect for both of them. Can't wait for Sliva to smash him

#12 ·
Who has the biggest mouth, Sonnen or James Toney? I suppose with Toney, it'd be an unfair speculation, because no one can understand what the hell he's ever saying, he could be reciting poetry for all we know, it's just hard to understand when he speaks like he's got a mouth full of nickles. At least Sonnen is articulate :confused05:

#17 ·
What is the deal with this lately. Sonnen wants Little Nog to come down to 185 to fight him, there has been talks that about Machida fighting Belfort who is now at 185. Pick someone in your weight class, or move up to theirs.

Sonnen has his hands full with Silva already, he needs to focus on that. IF he manages to get by Silva, and successfully defends his title a few times, then he can worry about fighters in other weight classes.

#19 ·
What is the deal with this lately. Sonnen wants Little Nog to come down to 185 to fight him, there has been talks that about Machida fighting Belfort who is now at 185. Pick someone in your weight class, or move up to theirs.

Sonnen has his hands full with Silva already, he needs to focus on that. IF he manages to get by Silva, and successfully defends his title a few times, then he can worry about fighters in other weight classes.
thats just funny :)

#18 ·
I can't wait for Silva to murder Sonnen and then everything he says becomes pointless and we won't have 20 threads saying "Sonnen says this!" or "Sonnen says that!"

I think my hell will be if Sonnen wins and I have to put up with more of this BS. Same goes for Toney but not as much. At least Toney is more entertaining.

#25 ·
I agree. Here's what Ed Soares thinks about it. Too bad he doesn't get in the cage.

"A lot of people talk about Anderson Silva. A lot of people talk about what they're going to do to him. This isn't the first time, and I'm sure it's not going to be the last time people say what they're going to do to Anderson Silva once they get in the ring. That's great. Before the fight, everyone has a mouth, and you can say what you want. But for some strange reason, when the octagon door closes, and you're standing across from Anderson Silva, a lot of those things that you're saying kind of go right out the door."

While Sonnen's emergence as a legitimate contender for the middleweight title was unexpected, the former All-American wrestler brings legitimate credentials to the table. But while Sonnen contends that he'll present Silva with issues he has yet to face, Soares believes his client has already answered some of the questions Sonnen will pose.

"Maybe Chael's got a different strategy or something different, but I think it's going to end up like the rest of the people who have talked about it," Soares said. "Chael said he's going to put him on his back - [Anderson] has never fought a fighter like that. Well, maybe he hasn't fought an exact fighter like Chael, but he's fought some great wrestlers such as Dan Henderson, and he submitted him.

"The truth of the matter is I can guarantee you that Chael has never fought a guy like Anderson Silva. Never. Not even close. He can talk all he wants. Let's just keep promoting this fight, and on Aug. 7, we'll see who walks out with the belt."

Sonnen's rants have been comical at times and personal at others. But Soares, who represents an impressive roster of some of the world's best fighters, says he doesn't take offense at the attacks. Instead, he thinks Sonnen is simply talking himself up in hope he can beat the champ.

"To be honest with you, I actually like Chael," Soares said. "He's always been really cool, but he's taking this thing really personal. That's OK. Whatever he's got to do to get in his mind to motivate him to really want to fight Anderson.

"At the end of the day, he should ask himself - when he stands up, he should wake up in the morning and go into his bathroom and look in the mirror and say, 'Do I really, really believe that?' Because if you do, congratulations, but I don't think he really believes what he's saying. I think he's just getting caught up, and he's convincing himself that this is what it's going to take for him to beat Anderson Silva."

With an astounding 11-consecutive wins in the octagon, Silva is a heavy favorite in the contest according to oddsmakers. Soares knows nothing is guaranteed in the fight game, but he feels confident in his client.

And he hopes Sonnen comes well-prepared so that there won't be more to talk about afterward.

"Hey, a fight's a fight, and anything can happen," Soares said. "Good luck to Chael. I like Chael. He's not a bad guy. He's promoting the fight. If he's got to make this personal to get him motivated to fight, I want to see Chael.

"I want Chael to be the best Chael he's ever been because I know Anderson is going to be, and that way there's no excuses. May the best man win."
source - http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AjhAq61NAhjsL9UwLiow2kg9Eo14?slug=mmajunkie-Soares_UFC_117_Sonnen_mouth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.