Votes: 33 80.5%
  • bones winning gnp and more gnp

Votes: 8 19.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hypothetical. bones is 205 and silva 185 division, but what if a catch weight or one could drop how do you see this goin...

ok here we go...:thumb02:

·
Banned
820 Posts
Well, Silva has fought at 205 so there would be no need for a catch weight or anything. Jones is not battled tested yet, and to throw him in there with arguablly the number 1 p4p fighter would not be good for him. Silva is great. Jones he is good, but has not faced top-tier competition yet. His length would give Silva some problems, but ultimatly Silva would take this.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
This would be an awesome fight! Although I really like Jones I just don't see this as being a good fight for his career right now. A loss would hurt his standings too much when he's trying to build into a title shot in the next 1-2 years. I would love to see this fight before Anderson retires though. Jones is one of the most unconventional strikers Anderson would ever face and his wrestling is pretty good, and his GNP is f**king devistating. Anderson would have his hands full for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Jones should not fight Silva for a while but it would be an awesome fight. The unconventional strikes and elbows and knees would be entertaining. Once Bones has more experience I would actually give this fight to him. If he fights higher level competition and wins he would be fairly dangerous for Silva. His striking is not as good as Silva's but it might throw him off enough to the point where Jones can get close enough to get a takedown and some pretty hard GnP. To be honest though Jones is still too young and is not ready for this fight yet.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Andy via however he wants outside of greco throws. The thing is even if Bones gets a takedown he is just getting immediately subbed anyways. This fight shouldn't happen for like 2 years.

Jones should not fight Silva for a while but it would be an awesome fight. The unconventional strikes and elbows and knees would be entertaining. Once Bones has more experience I would actually give this fight to him. If he fights higher level competition and wins he would be fairly dangerous for Silva. His striking is not as good as Silva's but it might throw him off enough to the point where Jones can get close enough to get a takedown and some pretty hard GnP. To be honest though Jones is still too young and is not ready for this fight yet.
Anderson Silva isn't Bonner he has been seeing those techniques in training and executing them for years. We are talking about the guy who knocked someone out with a back elbow uppercut he will be the one showing things the other guy hasn't seen striking.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Maybe in the future but Silva takes this hands down right now. I know Bones is doing great things and has a lot of hype and momentum right now, but Silva is arguably the best fighter in the world right now. I don't think Bones' striking is on the same level as Silva's and I don't see Bones doing the same thing to Hamill on the ground to Silva.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Its hard to say, Anderson would have to be the favorite and rightfully so. The biggest issue that leaves a question in my mind is how unique and innovative Jone's stand up is. Anderson is a counter striker who has never looked good as the aggressor. Jones has that Jardine-esq chance of just throwing Silva off and him having difficulty countering.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Andy via however he wants outside of greco throws. The thing is even if Bones gets a takedown he is just getting immediately subbed anyways. This fight shouldn't happen for like 2 years.

Anderson Silva isn't Bonner he has been seeing those techniques in training and executing them for years. We are talking about the guy who knocked someone out with a back elbow uppercut he will be the one showing things the other guy hasn't seen striking.
When did I say he was Bonnar and that would work to beat Silva striking. I said that the strange style of Jones confuses and makes it really hard to tell what Jones is going to do. Has anyone really come close to submitting Jones yet? So how do you know he would get immediately subbed? Silva has two submission victories, yet you feel good saying he would immediately be submitted? Silva has the better striking because his reaction time is amazing. but how Jones fights throws opponents off as well as makes it easier for him to get in close for a TD if he wants. I give Jones a year and if he improves his striking and shows dominant victories like he has been over better competition before I think he would win.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts