Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This happens in sports all the time where players become disengage with a team and leave. Being mma and Anderson on the end of his deal with the ufc .Do you think Dana's bashing of his performance tonight would affect him resigning with the ufc? Don't get me wrong ufc and other sports are different but these are all humans. I know Anderson must be pissed at the comments and disappointed at the comments white has said. Yes it was a bag performance, but Dana white completely ripped Anderson apart.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Thread title is a spoiler.

EDIT: I wouldn't shed a tear if Silva got the boot. That was one of the most disrespectful performances I have seen. Feed him to a top HW first, though.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dana has every right to be pissed off. Anderson completely embarassed not only himself, but Dana, the UFC, and MMA as a whole. What Anderson did was despicable and he has absolutely no shame in it. If I was Dana I would strip him of the title and send him packing.
lol that would be a disaster to the UFC, kick the guy who you have been promoting as the best fighter in the World. Anderson vs Fedor in Strikeforce would kill anything Ufc can run. In addtion would have a nasty back fall on the business side and other fighters.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The showboating was over the top but people are blowing it out of proportion, alot of these threads are downright silly. After his next fight when he looks back to his old self I'm gonna bump all these threads when people filp flop back to his side. Letting the greatest striker of all time and the best p4p fighter go or put him on the undercard because of one single fight is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

·
Registered
971 Posts
This happens in sports all the time where players become disengage with a team and leave. Being mma and Anderson on the end of his deal with the ufc .Do you think Dana's bashing of his performance tonight would affect him resigning with the ufc? Don't get me wrong ufc and other sports are different but these are all humans. I know Anderson must be pissed at the comments and disappointed at the comments white has said. Yes it was a bag performance, but Dana white completely ripped Anderson apart.
anderson has already signed a 8 fight deal.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Yup and expect it to go the whole term after that debacle. Dana is gonna use him over the entire length of the contract just to F*** with him.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
The showboating was over the top but people are blowing it out of proportion, alot of these threads are downright silly. After his next fight when he looks back to his old self I'm gonna bump all these threads when people filp flop back to his side. Letting the greatest striker of all time and the best p4p fighter go or put him on the undercard because of one single fight is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Anderson won't be cut or moved to the undercard as that's ridiculous but his display tonight will cost him fans plain and simple. That was a complete lack of respect to his opponent, the fans and the sport.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Always said Anderson's acts of "humility" were utterly contrived, the OTT bows and all. In reality the guy's ego almost matches his talent and ability

·
Registered
121 Posts
lol that would be a disaster to the UFC, kick the guy who you have been promoting as the best fighter in the World. Anderson vs Fedor in Strikeforce would kill anything Ufc can run. In addtion would have a nasty back fall on the business side and other fighters.
well like the guy above said i wouldn't be surprised if he gets kicked and more, i'd be glad if he did cus his attitude brings nothing good...as dana said, this aint the first time something like that happend...being the best on the world doesn't give you the right to manipulate everyone around with the lame performance and lousy attitude...cmon the guy didn't even feel sorry for what he did and instead of apologizing he goes like "why would i apologize"...is that a proper attitude of a champion and idol to many upcoming mma fighters around the world? anyway, in the end he's just an employee of the ufc so if he gets fired it's his fault and his fault ONLY!

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its funny though when brock rided heath and flipped the fans Danna did not really say anything.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Dana has every right to be pissed off. Anderson completely embarassed not only himself, but Dana, the UFC, and MMA as a whole. What Anderson did was despicable and he has absolutely no shame in it. If I was Dana I would strip him of the title and send him packing.
Luckily you're not Dana.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd like to see him given the following course of action

1. Rua at LHW
2. GSP at WW
3. a good HW(and if he wins that....)
4. Lesnar

·
Banned
0 Posts
Anderson won't be cut or moved to the undercard as that's ridiculous but his display tonight will cost him fans plain and simple. That was a complete lack of respect to his opponent, the fans and the sport.

I disagree respectfully....I think you are seeing a bad ass fighter continue to get better and better and is now feeling untouchable.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
could have been octagon rust
what does that mean, seriously i dont get it, hes not new to the cage aka the octagun, so where would the rust come from, please explain because right now any good theory is great wait to kill time until anderson or someone else explains what he was doing.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what does that mean, seriously i dont get it, hes not new to the cage aka the octagun, so where would the rust come from, please explain because right now any good theory is great wait to kill time until anderson or someone else explains what he was doing.
Just came back from a injury could explain it, been a 8 month layoff.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I disagree respectfully....I think you are seeing a bad ass fighter continue to get better and better and is now feeling untouchable.....
that's kinda how I see it, I posted in another thread I love his movement it reminds me of an Ali or a Tyson who b/c of superior movement had long stretches of being untouchable. I've been supporting Anderson since this fight ended and will continue to do so, I still think he should have finished but he looked gassed to me in the last 2 rounds and you can't always force a KO, in fact you rarely can

1 - 20 of 40 Posts