Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the **** was that? For real first fight of the night was also the most exciting and it just declined from there.

I bet Dana White is PISSED right now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
that was what arrogance and cockyness does to you!!!...i complained about gsp but woow..atleast gsp does his best at what he is good at..

not cool

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dana isn't the only one pissed.. What the hell was Silva thinking shutting down like that. He could have finished that fight no problem, gotten fight of the night, made more fans, and retired on a stud farm...

Such a bitter sweet fight/event IMO...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
its called gassing out physically and emotionally.

perhaps ppl in a fight can understand, anderson was wasting alot of energy clowning around with movement and alot more getting emotional screaming at Maia to fight him.

He then proceeded to gas.

he is very good at hiding emotion, pain and fatigue. real warrior type stuff. his running around was likely his way of being gassed.

even when he gases, he is superhuman compared to how most ppl gas and just stand still.

Reactions: LOJ

·
Registered
81 Posts
after tonight GSP should be #1 on every pound4pound list.

bj penn getting blown out and silva running for 3 rounds. wtf was he thinking, i seriously think he got gassed, wasting his energy on showboating didnt help. i really hope he comes down to 170 to fight gsp, hes gonna get taken down at will.

·
Banned
49 Posts
That wasn't silva's fault, it was dana white's fault cuz he let silva sit out of fights for a long ass time and any fighter in the world would be effected by ring rust and the fact joe rogan & mike & the ppl in this thread think otherwise means u dont know shit about MMA.
Ontop of that the retarted idea of fighting in an open arena its hot as hell it effects the cardio like hell, u could see it through out the entire event.

·
Registered
142 Posts

perhaps ppl in a fight can understand, anderson was wasting alot of energy clowning around with movement and alot more getting emotional screaming at Maia to fight him.

he is very good at hiding emotion, pain and fatigue. real warrior type stuff. his running around was likely his way of being gassed.

even when he gases, he is superhuman compared to how most ppl gas and just stand still.
Yes because showboating for 2 rounds is real warrior like,, not really dude!..compare him to cain for just a minute...the fame has gotten to this guys head..that is why he was screaming at maia, so people would pay attention to him...thats why he acted like he was hurt when maia tagged him..no humbleness...bad fight.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Yes because showboating for 2 rounds is real warrior like,, not really dude!..compare him to cain for just a minute...the fame has gotten to this guys head..that is why he was screaming at maia, so people would pay attention to him...thats why he acted like he was hurt when maia tagged him..no humbleness...bad fight.
i never said he was humble. i just said he gassed cuz he was clowning around.

i never said clowning around or embarrassing your opponent is warrior like.

i said hiding your pain and emotions is warrior like. but anderson let his emotions slip today and every fighter knows that drains energy almost as much as fighting.

Cain only moves forward, so we wouldnt see a fight like that from him ;) dont worry, Aztecs dont backup n counter :p

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
If you are talking about the whole event I wouldnt call it a disaster. Two first fights were great fights with slick submission finishes. Hughes vs Gracie was weird and a bit dull, but I didn't expect that fight to be any good. BJ Penn came in half assed and paid a price, in what was a ok entertaining match. Main event obviously a disaster, I can't be arsed to write a big rant about it, but I'll say this. Anderson Silva is the biggest douchebag in MMA.

Overall this event was okay, but what people will remember (apart from Edgar), is the trainwreck of a main event we got, so I can see this event getting bashed heavily, and I don't blame anyone for doing that.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Exactly. He wasted his own energy clowning around when he should have been fighting so it IS his fault he had nothing left to finish off a CLEARLY FAR inferior opponent

·
Banned
49 Posts
actually no, thats silva's way to make maia to strike and then silva can counter, but maia did nothing so silva was talking to him, u dont know shit about anderson's technique obviously, so plz stfu.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anderson is a great fighter, but his love of the show boating isn't going to win him fans unless he finishes the fight off in spectacular fashion (or at least finishes the fight).

I'm sure Dana is pretty pissed, but who cares. Is he going to give me my $45 back? So what do I care if Dana is pissed.

Can't wait until next weekend when I can watch 3 Strikeforce title fights for free on CBS.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didn't get to watch the event, but what I'm hearing is more then needs to be said rofl. This event might be bashed a lot, but I think it was a very good event just because it brought life back into the LW division. LW, WW, and MW divisions up until tonight were snoozefests just because no one had a chance. At least now we get to see stirred up LW division :D!

·
Banned
49 Posts
Anderson is a great fighter, but his love of the show boating isn't going to win him fans unless he finishes the fight off in spectacular fashion (or at least finishes the fight).

I'm sure Dana is pretty pissed, but who cares. Is he going to give me my $45 back? So what do I care if Dana is pissed.

Can't wait until next weekend when I can watch 3 Strikeforce title fights for free on CBS.
**** dana no 1 cares bout what he thinks, and after he left anderson out of fighting for so long no wonder it was like this the ufc isnt what it used to be, dana lets his champions fight once in a long time, and im not talking about injuries.. + the idea of open arena is fucked up cuz its hot as hell and it effects the cardio big time, u could see it through out the whole event.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.